How can we improve OneNote for Windows?

Hide Authors in OneNote Windows Store App

I still do not use OneNote for Windows Store for one reason only: Because I can't hide Authors. I am the only Author but I constantly show up, and it clutters the screen so bad I can't see anything. Either recognize that I'm using the same Microsoft Account for both and stop showing or just let users turn it off! I don't even understand how, this many years after release, this still isn't an option.

I want to use the Windows Store version because it's more touch oriented and the Surface Pro 3 has great pen support, but never until I can hide authors.

13 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Bob H shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • SteveP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am really getting tired of Microsoft ignoring posts to their own user boards. OneNote App has a serious flaw with the hide authors, yet they ignore it. The Mail App has a serious flaw in that you cant access the groups/distribution lists, yet they ignore it. Fix the issues with your apps Microsoft or people will use your apps even less.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I used OneNote across the iPhone, UWP/App, and Desktop version. The UWP/App needs the ability to hide authors! I see my own edits marked as "another author".

• Micah Vanella commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I second this issue.

I have this same problem. I believe it has to do with how the OneNote app view's the user information as opposed to OneNote 2013 desktop application. The OneNote app uses the first name of the microsoft account used to log in, while OneNote 2013 uses the full name. You can view this in OneNote 2013 desktop by clicking on Find By Authors and you can see that the authors listed will be something like Bob and Bob H...

See this post for more info. http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2010-onenote/how-to-hide-authors-in-onenote-app/6626c469-a284-4839-9406-6443424070b2

I think OneNote dev team should address this by being able to hide the authors as well as being able to set the Author name and initials as you can do in Office.

Feedback and Knowledge Base