How can we improve OneNote for Windows?

Group objects and anchor ink to text and images

Select objects (Handwritings, pictures or text) and group them using right mouse click menu to move objects easily! This also prevents unexpected shifting and enables working with multiple layers.

1,686 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Chiu Kit Lam shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

336 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • nr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Are we still waiting on this????? I dont even think anyone from MS is paying attention here....

• JW commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed, this should have been a feature in OneNote ages ago. It's a feature in Word, in Power Point and probably in Publisher too. Why is it not in OneNote yet?!

• Ben commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a much needed addition. How did nobody at Microsoft think of it originally?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

People have been asking for this in onenote for years. Forget it. Your requests are falling on deaf ears with Microsoft. Look for another drawing app that does it.

• Anna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

using OneNote as Wiki, please add this feature like in PowerPoint.

• Brian Kinghorn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I noticed the issue when typing words and then inking stuff (notes, proofreading) on the side and below. When going back to type some more the text moves down but ink stayed in place covering text and difficult to see. Please let us group ink strokes with other objects.

• Elliott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need this urgently. Am always writing text and drawing pictures around this text or vice versa, only to have the alignment messed up by adding or removing elements later on...

Please! I make a lot of math notes in 'pen' on top of images or other typed fields, but it all gets shifted around and completly jumbled... Need to be a way to anchor the ink so it shifts up and down WITH the text and images

Wanting this for soo long. Using tables right now but grouping objects is a must!

• Tanya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I write notes I want to attach files and draw in images more easily. However, they all stay in place when all the text moves up or down. When I use Word I am able to get images to move automatically whenever I move the text. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE add this feature to OneNote too, a feature that Word already has.

• Max commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OneNote is really a good product. But while working a student with it - grouping pdf is a must! So I kindly ask Microsoft to add anchor. Without it just doesn't make sense.

• Ben commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do simple work instructions in one note - nothing bugs me more than someone adding a line of text or two near the top which messes with all of the image / text alignment below it. PLEASE ADD GROUPING!

• aditya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For a canvas type of software, this is basic, at least anchoring drawing/annotations with images. It's sad that people have to suggest it. Why Microsoft hasn't made it available even after 4 years is beyond me.

Please, please, please make this work on iPads! The lack of anchoring seriously reduces the usefulness of OneNote. This is obviously something people need, why hasn’t it happened yet?

• 张雅娴 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They are so must-be that I had never questioned their existence before I googled 'how'.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 16 17

Feedback and Knowledge Base