How can we improve OneNote for Windows?

Ability to merge cells in a table

I like to categorize and formulate lists in a specific format. The inability to merge cells and make a header row for my categorization makes it difficult. I realize that other tools like Word and Excel can provide more robust table formatting tools, however, basic formatting like merge cells would be nice.

515 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Travis Lowdermilk shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

117 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Tom Richardson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And another vote for merge cells!

Our use is educational, and our teachers would really like to be able to add basic tables with the ability to merge cells please!

• Su Jin Jeong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This idea was started in 2014, how is this simple, basic feature still not added yet??? It's so frustrating every time I'm trying to make notes in Onenote, enough so that I'm considering moving over to some other program.

• Matthew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make tables like everywhere else in office. They're pretty terrible in OneNote. :(

• MG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When can we expect the 'merge' feature to be rolled out?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

merge chells in a table. Even when importing a table from Excel does merged cells not work !?

• Mat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if you added some features to edit tables. Split & and merge known from excel are ok but I think about something more sophisticated. I often need to create table where eg. first two rows have 4 column, but the 3th column has only 2 and are independent of other columns. Then next rows have eg. 3 columns and so on.

I mean sth like this below.

|----|----|----|----|
        |----|----|----|----|
        |--|---------------|
        |-------|-------|---|
        |----|----|----|----|

Br.
        M

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base