Update the Windows Phone app
I consider Windows Phone as your own platform must have more updates and more work than others. We trusted your work for this OS not for Android.
We deserve a better app and also the possibility to obtain a beta app with some new functions as the described here.
Learn from Xbox Music guys.
Windows 10 mobile comes with a brand new version of OneNote. This version is a significant improvement over the Windows Phone 8.1 app and we’re updating it monthly with new features and improvements.
I can't draw on OneNote on my Windows phone, drawing is a crucial study tool!
*Doodles Captain Jack Sparrow fighting Microsoft miss placed loyalty in a Pirate Captain business man suit*
Adding a "dark background mode" option would be Very appreciated, especially on OLED mobile devices like Lumia Icon/930.
The OneNote app for Windows 10 Mobile is great! I got a major overhaul.
Please ADD "pen input" ASAP just like the iPad !!! We have a Verizon Lumia ICON flagship phone with 1920 x 1080 pixels ... but many other Lumia devices are 1280 x 720 pixels. We'd like to sketch ideas and "annotate" photos and whiteboards from Office Lens, etc.
There are SEVERAL "fine tipped 1.8 to 3 mm that work VERY WELL with third party "drawing and sketching apps already ... but, we'd like a ON "built-in experience"!!!
Another thing that should be introduced is a decent support of the sections, meaning that when you click on it the content expands, so you don't see everything from the beginning. How it is now I can't really use the app for my university stuff, as it is organized per subject so I have one notebook with several sections and if need the subject "X" y have to scroll down aaaaaall the way, which is time wasting (and also not nice to see, as it's all listed, ignoring sections or pages).
I would like to see office lens integrated within the onenote app for windows phone.
Colin Bowern commented
It would be great to see OneNote pulled out of the OS so it could receive out-of-band releases too like we are seeing with Music and Video.
A good development. It would be nice if the onenote team could push a digitizer stylus support for onenote on windows phones. I understand it is easier on android because certain hardware actually support that, and I applaud that. But if the is room for R&D and development of inking in onenote for android, it shoudl immediately be a business case to advocate an equal support for windows phone.
Other beta program ideas for a onenote update for windows phone 8.x
1. support for transparant live tile.
2. support for large live tile with titles of recent notes as a tickerbox
3. option to have titles of individual notes as pinned tiles of all size, small, normal and large. Currently this is not the case and I cannot tell the difference between onenote live tiles on the start screen.
4. Offer fullscreen typing in landscape mode
5. Discuss with Joe Belfiore if it's possible to embed onenote in the right swipe from the start screen to start a quick note with onenote.
6. Offer the possibility in settings to present individual notes as icon tiles, to see a quick demo of the content of the note, like in onenote for windows 8 modern UI.
7. Would like to see larger task tickbox icons for listnotes. The boxes are currently regularly too small to press well.
8. Would be nice if I could choose some color backgrounds for pagenotes.
9. Would be nice if there were some editing options for pictures in onenote for windows phone. For example resizing or cropping pictures in a note and being able to have an auto enhance function and change the orientation (e.g. 5-10-30-45-90 degree angles) and option to add simple text annotations on the pictures within onenote.
10. option to combine or fuse notes by dragging and dropping one note onto the other. The content of the dragged note will automatically be placed at the end of the note. The Titles will be fused where the title of the dragged note will follow behind the title of the note. The user can then later change the title of the note if necessary
11. It would be nice if there is a setting in the app bar to be able to organize notes according to date or alfabet.
12. I wish there was an option in the app bar to select a whole content of a note as a copy. I often copy certain notes to email. It would be nice if this function could be automated in onenote for windows phone. It would greatly improve the workflow.
13. I would like an option to resize part or all of a note content text (e.g. small, medium, large).
How is this "responsibly making the market for Windows Phone?".
The functionality has to stay one step ahead on your own platforms guys.
Resulta un poco vergonzoso que nos tengan así de abandonados con la misma app de hace año y medio!!
PD: Para todos aquellos que queráis estar informados al día de todo lo que tenga que ver con Microsoft \(n_n)/ => http://www.microsoftinsider.es/
Tenia que ser casi obligatorio y ademas bueno es la aplicación que mas uso y me gustaría que tuviera mas opciones
I sadly agree. Moved away from Android to WP8 upon launch largely because OneNote is my favorite software and I wanted the best possible mobile experience. Now it's been about 20 months since WP8 came out and we haven't seen one tiny update to OneNote. We've been seeing very regular updates for Android and iOS though and now those versions are better than on Windows Phone.
This sends a confusing message for those of us loyal to the MS ecosystem. I REALLY like my Windows Phone and am willing to live with a developing app ecosystem as it catches up the competition. But as much as I like my Windows Phone, I like Office and OneDrive more. And I LOVE OneNote! So I have a strange decision to make with my next smartphone this fall. It would seem that I have to choose EITHER Windows Phone OR the best mobile interface of Microsoft services. With each update to OneNote for Android and iOS, that choice is becoming increasingly obvious and perplexing.