How can we improve OneNote for Windows?

Windows Phone: Password protected sections

Vote for this if you want to be able to create and use password protected sections in OneNote for Windows Phone, providing added security and privacy for your notes.

161 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Omeed ChandraOmeed Chandra shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

27 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • alison01326@hotmail.comalison01326@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good to hear that it's fixed on Windows 10 mobile. Now, how about applying that same fix to Windows 8.1 phones. I have no wish to upgrade to Windows 10 at this stage as I am very happy with what I have. As the old adage goes "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". Apart from the password issue on OneNote, "it ain't broke".

• Mark WeirMark Weir commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you inform me when the feature to open password protected Onenote pages on a Windows 8.1 phone will happen. Microsoft claims to be "Mobile First Cloud First" but not as far as OneNote is concerned it would appear.

• SharonSharon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One note is useless to me until I can unlock pasword protected sections on my phone

• MarinMarin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OneNote Mobile for Windows 10 supports this feature, and the app description states that it is an app for phones and tablets, so password protected sections should work on Windows 10 Mobile when it becomes available.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As an avid and long time ON user it's crazy this feature is not supported on my WP. Is there any published spec for the Windows 10 Phone features that will at least give us hope it's coming?

• BrianBrian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If android and iphone have the feature.Then why not WP. Just do it..........

• richrich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would like to keep a diary on OneNote, password protected obviously, but i want to add entries from my Lumia and PC.

• MigMartinMigMartin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, is important to be possible to synch password protected notebooks with the Windows Phone's app.

• Jay FarnsworthJay Farnsworth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I note that you've added this feature to IOS and the Windows App Store. Please add it to Windows Phone 8.1. We really need it to enable the storage and updating of confidential information on our phones. You may already know that we can't update or open password protected Word and Excel files. Also, WP8.1 removed the capability of manually inputting confidential information into the Wallet App, which couldn't be synced to our desktops and clouds anyway. So, we currently have nothing and we don't trust third party apps with our confidential information. Password enabled sections for WP8.1 OneNote is the solution we need.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really shocked to find this feature missing from your own WP platform. Platform supports 3DES encryption, right? So WTH? Well, it better be there with the new Win10 and "universal" Office, it's a shameful as not being able the attach a document to a received email and forward it. Remember: THE PRODUCTIVITY COMPANY

• Tung Ha SonTung Ha Son commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm unable to sync Onenote on my phone with Password-protected OneNote on my OneDrive, and I waitting for this... Please!!!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base