How can we improve OneNote for Windows?

Import notes from Evernote

Vote for this if you want a tool for importing existing notes from Evernote to OneNote.

365 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Firdaus OmarFirdaus Omar shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  OneNote TeamAdminOneNote Team (Admin, OneNote Team) responded  · 

We heard your feedback and we have some great news to share with you. Today, we are launching a new tool to migrate your Evernote notes to OneNote. The OneNote Importer (Preview) automatically migrates all your notes from Evernote and quickly gets you started with OneNote. Use the OneNote Importer to seamlessly make the switch from Evernote to OneNote. Follow the announcement at this blog: https://blogs.office.com/2016/03/11/make-the-move-from-evernote-to-onenote-today/

For support issues, please got to answers.microsoft.com.

67 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • skosh76skosh76 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there a way to import all of the Evernote Notes to just one section in Onenote? The import tool keeps creating a new section, every 100 notes.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any word on when this will be available for Mac? Would love to make the switch, but don´t have access to a PC.

Please allow importing Evernote notebooks to new onenote tabs within the same notebook versus creating new notebooks for each Evernote notebook

• David PageDavid Page commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Did not work. Yesterday I thought I brought over 1500 and some notes from Evernote. I cannot find many of them. I'm doing spot checks using uncommon client names such as Gupta or Rez. They are not there. Evernote items that contained an inserted pdf file do not seem to have come across. These are my commission agreements and receipts for the tax man.

This is a big issue. I'm an MS fan using Office 365 and love my Lumia 920 with Win 10 but this did not work and cleaning up their mess is going to take hours to separate what I already had in OneNote from the partial load of stuff that came down from EN.

Now I'm finding erasing stuff the partial load from One Note is not straight forward.

I am very disappointed.

• JuhaJuha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be verry nice. When is this done? Tags: what happens when a note is tagged with multiple tags. How about just one OneNote notebook for each Evernote notebook?

• HectorHector commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That would be peachy!! Are you done yet?? Just became persuaded to use onenote vs evernote however I need to move stuff in order to use it efficienctly. I like the hype - hope the walk matches the talk.
        Hector

• CJCJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am a Mac user and I am planning to migrate to Onenote because Evernote keeps asking for money and it lacks offline reading functionality.

• SteveSteve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like a feature that allows all tags and document names imported. I would like the feature to give me the option of importing into an existing notebook and specific secvtion plus the ability if I decide, to import into a new notebook. I would like the ability to have my pdfs that are imported to show the actual page rather than an icon that says pdf.

Could you please make it possible to import evernote files/notebooks to OneNote on a mac?

• Josh TuttleJosh Tuttle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Denise,

The way I arrange things in Evernote is by Notebook Stack, then Notebook. Evernote Notebook Stacks would need to become OneNote Notebooks, and the Evernote Notebooks would need to become OneNote Notebook sections under the corresponding OneNote Notebook. Each Evernote Note should then become a OneNote Page in that Notebook Section.

If those relationships aren't preserved then I would have to consider any import from Evernote to be a failure, because I have thousands and thousands of notes in almost a hundred Evernote Notebooks.

The tags are a slightly different matter. I'd appreciate it if the tags could just come along for the ride as tags, so that they functioned more or less like tags did in Evernote (I know that tags are slightly different in OneNote).

But the relationship between Evernote Notebook Stacks, Notebooks, and Notes absolutely HAS to be preserved or the import would be pointless, even if all the notes were transferred.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base