How can we improve OneNote for Windows?

add "shared notebook" function

Add the feature to have a notebook but allow others to edit the notebook.

maybe preview edits before accepting.

ej: in our church band we are building a digital songbook, but what all member to be able to add, remove and edit songs.

but have a master moderator.

13 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gilbert PerezGilbert Perez shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  Omeed ChandraOmeed Chandra responded  · 

OneNote already supports the ability to share a notebook with other users and edit the same page. I’ve included information below on how to use this feature in a few of our apps.

To use this feature in OneNote 2013, open the notebook you want to share, then click File and choose Share.

To use this feature in OneNote for Mac, click the Share button (the icon is that of a person) at the top-right corner of the window.

You can also use this feature in OneNote Online. Open the notebook you want to share from OneDrive, then click the Share button near the top-right corner of the screen.

Similar functionality is available in most of our other apps, but if you can’t find it, you can try opening the notebook in OneNote Online from www.onenote.com and sharing it that way. Please let us know if this doesn’t meet your needs!

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Gilberfy P.Gilberfy P. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the use scenario: I add/edit a song and at home on my pc.

When we get together on rehearsal each of us pull out tablets, and open the page(s) with the songs to rehearse.

if one band member get an idea of something to add he can edit it, and I can check it at home some other day or instantly check and add it, and push it to the rest of the band.

• Gilberfy P.Gilberfy P. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need this to be available in the "Metro" OneNote, I what it all to be do able on the tablets.

• Omeed ChandraAdminOmeed Chandra (Program Manager, OneNote Team) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi there! I'm a member of the OneNote team and would like to learn more about your request. OneNote already supports sharing your notebooks with other people; multiple people can even edit the same page simultaneously. Does this existing functionality not meet your needs, or did you just not know about it? If our current sharing feature doesn't meet your needs, please tell us how we can improve it! Thanks!

Feedback and Knowledge Base