How can we improve OneNote for Windows?

Multiple OneNote windows

I'd like to have detachable OneNote windows. This would provide the facility to keep two sets of content in view simultaneously. It would, enable, for example, the ability to work with content from different sections or tabs at the same time, instead of switching between tabs/sections to do so, as now.

12 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ken Odeluga shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  AdminOneNote Team (Admin, OneNote Team) responded  · 

We are please to inform you that this feature was added to OneNote for Windows 10 as part of the July 2017 update.

For more details on that please visit:
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/What-s-new-in-OneNote-for-Windows-10-1477d5de-f4fd-4943-b18a-ff17091161ea?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US&ocmsassetID=1477d5de-f4fd-4943-b18a-ff17091161ea#Audience=Everyone

Thank you for all your comments and feedback in helping us make OneNote better for everyone to use.

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Colin Bowern commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed - this is the one thing holding me back from dropping the desktop app in favor of the store app version.

• Darek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SUGGESTION CLOSED.

>"..CTRL + M.."
        Thank you Davs! I didn't know about this option.

• Davs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You do realise you can do that better than evernote does it?
        This is only reason im swiching from evernote to OneNote.

CTRL + M opens new OneNote window - you can go full page if you dont need page lists and notebook / sections list - CTRL + M will open another window with same page and same layout

this alone kills evernote for me

• Darek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would allow to open few notes in same time like it is possible in Evernote.
        It is important feature if working on few notes at same time.

• Jake Burner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The main thing holding me back from using OneNote App is the limitation of only having one instance/window of the OneNote App open at any given time.

I use OneNote constantly, so I need to have more than one instance of OneNote 2016 open at all times. Thanks for your consideration! Keep up the great work!

Feedback and Knowledge Base