Working for years with Evernote I am missing some features.
2. Synchronisation / import tags from Outlook.
3. Easy import tags from Evernote
In this order! !
And thumbs up for all other ideas around tags here!!!
Thank you for voting on this feature. I’d like to gather more information on what you would like to see in the future. I have posted 4 questions below —
1. How often do you tag a note/item with multiple tags?
2. Can you provide an example, from a recent instance, in which you applied multiple tags? e.g. “todo” & “critical” and “todo” & “important”
3. Some of you commented that it’s important to see all the tags for each item in the summary list, not just the first tag for an item. If multiple tags were shown for each item on the summary list, what would this allow you to do next?
4. When finding tags in OneNote 2016, which tag list is most important to you? Why?
a) Summary Page
b) Tags Summary Pane
Thank you for asking these questions!
2. I use tags to categorize articles that I write or that I clip from other sources. My tags include things like Author (e.g., "Mark Manson"), Source (e.g., "Reuters"), and topics (e.g., "Communication," "Technology," and "Innovation").
3. Tags aren't even visible on the pages where they appear! That makes it hard to tag a given page - "Wait, did I tag the source yet? What topics did I choose so far?" And when searching, maybe I want all articles by "Author X" and on "Topic Y". Sometimes it's AND, sometimes it's OR.
4. Tags summary pane - This is a dynamic process that can be changing as I'm using the search results. I might look for certain articles that I want to add a tag to, and then some more that I want to untag. I don't want some kind of static summary page that I have to keep updating.
Tags is one of the few areas where Evernote seriously outperforms OneNote, like in being able to nest tags. I almost left OneNote on this one issue alone. I highly recommend that you look at how they handle tagging and searching tags.
Please also look at these, because this is EXACTLY the sort of thing I want to be able to do in OneNote:
here are my answers:
1- d) often
2- #SharePoint #ListLibraries #JSLink and #Office365 #Administration #Search
3- I would think that those tags are clickable (show me more items with this Tag)