How can we improve OneNote for Windows?

Sub Pages more than two levels

To organize my work I need more than two level of subpages. Minimum ten level will be good. Maximum 20 level will be great. On other respect One Note is great. For time being I have to find other alternative until you get it right

241 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Praful shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

51 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Kris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm glad to see the recent addition of expand/collapse functionality, but I am surprised we are still limited to 2 nesting levels! Please, please, please add this. I am trying to work around by creating more notebooks, but that is creating it's own navigation problems and just isn't enough. +100

• RPM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I Agree, more levels is need to make information more organized and easier to target (get an overview over) the information you are looking for while keeping the information you are not looking for collapsed.

• Valerie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree. I am surprised this isn't already a feature of Onenote. Does Evernote have this feature? I've been thinking of switching platforms...

• Business Time commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"W-O-W!!! OneNote 2013 is AMAZING for this government legal work, this is going to revolutionize everything, quick get ITS on the phone so we can acquire licens-"
        "It only supports 2 levels of subpages"
        "... Into the trash it goes."

Hey, do you think those Evernote guys would like to make money today?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

2 levels only is ridiculous. It prevents anyone with any project of complexity or detail to find an alternative to using OneNote. It's a great product -- but we will never use it until you allow a dozen levels of subpages.

why doesnt it work?
        is there a necessity for this, arising from the code structure which would be hard to fix?
        or is it just because?

I have been using Onenote for a while and I feel anyone using Onenote would like this feature. Only two sub-page level does not suffice.

• Michael Bray commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another example of programmers putting in unnecessary restrictions because they know better than we do how we are going to use the application. I can say that, because I'm a programmer. Microsoft, PLEASE remove the limit!

• Michael Bray commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another example of programmers putting in unnecessary restrictions because they know better than we do how we are going to use the application. I can say that, because I'm a programmer. Microsoft, PLEASE remove the limit!

• Harriet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I actually disagree with this. I used to want this feature, but now I think it's a blessing it wasn't available to me and it forced me to managed my notes much better than I would have. I don't think you should need more than Notebook/Sectiongroup/Section/Level1/Level2/Level3 to organise your notes. I do have a lot of notebooks though, and I put them in colour blocks so you could count that as an additional level too I guess.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base