How can we improve OneNote for Windows?

Collaborate with Microsoft To-Do

The concept is to have a "notebook" in which you could edit/create/view all todos from Microsoft To-Do.
In conjunction with To-Do reminders you should be able to "link" somehow (like the tag of Evernote) an Onenote note with a To-Do.

So you could get due day notifications for notes of OneNote through To-Do. Multiple links of notes with one To-Do could create a "tracking" system with due reminders.

To-Do is light and fast. It could be utilized more easily and giving OneNote "project management" capabilities.

Also usefull:
Export a To-Do to onenote for further processing.

This suggestion is for all OS (windows/ios/android)

120 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jan NermanJan Nerman shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ewerton CalixtoEwerton Calixto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah. Microsoft offers so many ways to create to-dos, but neither of them communicate efficiently to each other. I would love to see Stick notes + OneNote + To-Do + Outlook properly talking to each other.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely collaborate (sooner the better) with Microsoft To-Do, and keep it easy to use. Waste too much time using OneNote and Microsoft Tasks, not efficient.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, I would love this feature to be integrated. Generally speaking, I would love more integration of other Microsoft apps/software. Currently, it appears like Microsoft is building awsome apps/software but with very little communication between departments. As a result, you end up with a whole range of apps/software that work well but could be great if they took advantage of each others' functionality Examples include:

Excel & OneNote - Why can't OneNote include the same functionality that Excel has when working with tables/spreadsheets? It's not like this doesn't already exist because Excel can do it. It would be nice to be able to work with formulas, sorting tables, freeze panes, etc etc..... Yes I know I can attach a file in OneNote but that's not the same because A) Multiple people can't work on the same file simultaneously B. Extra step ( I know I know....)

Outlook and OneNote - Why can't I send my calendar to a OneNote Page for quick glance? Or get event reminders?

• TomTom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be amazing. To-Do is far too simplistic to manage the details that are involved with large tasks, and onenote's todos are very labor-intensive if you want to use them effectively. Integrating To-Do with onenote would maybe make the lack of projects and subtasks manageable.

• Josh GJosh G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use OneNote extensively for work and its major flaw is not having notifications/alarms/reminders built into the program. I know somewhat accomplish this by linking Outlook and OneNote together but it is extremely impractical, I shouldn't have to open another program on my SurfacePro or phone to do something this basic. My suggestion is to make the To-Do tags actually useful because right now their nothing more than just a checkbox.

• Nicholas NewbillNicholas Newbill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree with this. Today I use OneNote as my to-do/task tracker and the biggest annoyance is that it is missing all of the extra features that would make it complete.

Feedback and Knowledge Base