How can we improve OneNote for Windows?

Collaborate with Microsoft To-Do

The concept is to have a "notebook" in which you could edit/create/view all todos from Microsoft To-Do.
In conjunction with To-Do reminders you should be able to "link" somehow (like the tag of Evernote) an Onenote note with a To-Do.

So you could get due day notifications for notes of OneNote through To-Do. Multiple links of notes with one To-Do could create a "tracking" system with due reminders.

To-Do is light and fast. It could be utilized more easily and giving OneNote "project management" capabilities.

Also usefull:
Export a To-Do to onenote for further processing.

This suggestion is for all OS (windows/ios/android)

318 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jan Nerman shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

26 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Either with Wunderlist or with To Do but Microsoft needs to figure out that integration ASAP!

Way too many to do apps (Outlook/Wunderlist/Microsoft Todo)

Would be a killer, and i think MSFT is working towards that. But that can take years.. Until this i have to rely on Todoist, which still is superior by far.

Better OneNote/Outlook Task/Microsoft To-Do app integration which should include reminders and multi-level categorization.

• Ewerton Calixto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah. Microsoft offers so many ways to create to-dos, but neither of them communicate efficiently to each other. I would love to see Stick notes + OneNote + To-Do + Outlook properly talking to each other.

Absolutely collaborate (sooner the better) with Microsoft To-Do, and keep it easy to use. Waste too much time using OneNote and Microsoft Tasks, not efficient.

I agree, I would love this feature to be integrated. Generally speaking, I would love more integration of other Microsoft apps/software. Currently, it appears like Microsoft is building awsome apps/software but with very little communication between departments. As a result, you end up with a whole range of apps/software that work well but could be great if they took advantage of each others' functionality Examples include:

Excel & OneNote - Why can't OneNote include the same functionality that Excel has when working with tables/spreadsheets? It's not like this doesn't already exist because Excel can do it. It would be nice to be able to work with formulas, sorting tables, freeze panes, etc etc..... Yes I know I can attach a file in OneNote but that's not the same because A) Multiple people can't work on the same file simultaneously B. Extra step ( I know I know....)

Outlook and OneNote - Why can't I send my calendar to a OneNote Page for quick glance? Or get event reminders?

• Tom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be amazing. To-Do is far too simplistic to manage the details that are involved with large tasks, and onenote's todos are very labor-intensive if you want to use them effectively. Integrating To-Do with onenote would maybe make the lack of projects and subtasks manageable.

• Josh G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use OneNote extensively for work and its major flaw is not having notifications/alarms/reminders built into the program. I know somewhat accomplish this by linking Outlook and OneNote together but it is extremely impractical, I shouldn't have to open another program on my SurfacePro or phone to do something this basic. My suggestion is to make the To-Do tags actually useful because right now their nothing more than just a checkbox.

• Nicholas Newbill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree with this. Today I use OneNote as my to-do/task tracker and the biggest annoyance is that it is missing all of the extra features that would make it complete.

• Ewerton Calixto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Today, it is confusing for those who use OneNote and want to use Wunderlist. What I like in Wunderlist is the ability to set reminders, which I can't do in OneNote yet. This integration would be very welcome.

I use My Life Organized as my detailed task manager because Outlook's Task Manager is simply inadequate. I also use One Note as it is a great way to keep journals on numerous projects. What's missing is the kind of functional task manager that MLO has combined with the excellent journaling functions of One Note. It would be great is One Note could be enhanced with a task manager that could be used to organize projects with Tasks, subtasks, priority assignments, due dates and dependencies. It's a no-brainer. MLO has a lot of great functionality but lacks One Notes ease of installation or cross-platform compatibility (without buying separate licenses for each device). Give us a good Task manager.

• sketch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think OneNote should have multiple types of pages. Like rtf, freeform, equation, powerpoint, excel, latex, markdown.

• Shan Ali Khan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am still waiting. Switched from Todoist to wunderlist when i heard MS will integrate with Onenote
        Still Waiting for the integration.

• Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very intriguing request as I'm a heavy OneNote and Wunderlist user.

• Andrew Benjamin Amason Jr. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be great! I have moved to using OneNote for nearly all my notes and lists. Some sort of advanced List options would great to allow notifications and due dates to lists across platforms.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base