How can we improve OneNote for Windows?

tables must behave like word and powerpoint

editing and managing tables is counter-intuitive because it does not behave with the same controls as with powerpoint and word. Please align

69 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Carl KirsteinCarl Kirstein shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OneNote needs to implement this to be viable for any sort of professional application.

• DaveDave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That would work well. I'd like to have some Excel-type functionality within OneNote. Just some tables that can be used with simple formulas

• Tony Zahra-NewmanTony Zahra-Newman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As far as possible, ALL the Office modules should try for unity of commands & functions across modules, to minimize confusion & reduce the inter-module learning curves.

• Paul WilliamsPaul Williams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

From my view, it is not just tables that behave differently, but all "standard" objects like text boxes or pasted Excel objects. Why does OneNote not handle such objects in the same way as Word or Powerpoint?

• GeoffGeoff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree! This is seriously frustrating! A table is pretty standardized in modern office apps. Why have a different set of rules for a note-taking app?

Feedback and Knowledge Base