How can we improve OneNote for Windows?

Math Tools

They really need to add a gallery for some basic tools like rulers, protractors, spinners, quadrant 1 graph paper, 4 quadrant graph paper...

290 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Carolyn Schroll shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

42 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Tino commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OK. One and a half year after Build 2016, where MS announced the "inking" Features which could be easily integrated bay developers of UWP Apps.
        What about someone of the OneNote Team showing up at the OS Devs to ask how this could possibly be implemented?

No One at One Note ashamed not being able to introduce These Features (one of them the ruler) into OneNote?

• Steven Luker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This one makes so much sense. If Microsoft is reaching out to the education market, having a rule and a compass would be great for geometry notes, etc.

• Ridelto A Gutierrez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You should add a complete Toolbox with rulers, protractors, scissors you name it... a real but virtual Toolbox to put Onenote way ahead.

• Ludger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah... bringing to ruler which was announced at BUILD 2016 (!!!!!) to OneNote would be nice.

• Stephanie Willenbring commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use my surface book to take notes in college. It's ridiculous that there is no ruler on onenote yet. Stats is a bit hard without it!!

• Mark Janzen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An easy to use ruler tool would be so useful in onenote! I use onenote for my engineering log book, and my sketches look terrible without being able to use a ruler.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes this would be awesome, especially for graphing data in school. Or constructing a straight line through two points.

If one could add this and a compass tool you could even do construction in geometry!

In germany most people use a triangle ruler (called "Geodreieck") instead of protractor, which also enables construction of parallels and perpendicular lines. So i think this would be even better.

Now we have almost 11 (ELEVEN) Months after MS was beginning to persuade developers to use "Inking" wthin their apps.
        And still no ruler in Microsofts OWN OneNote.

This is hilarious, shocking, and whatnot.
        Please wake up. We have 2017, and creators update behind the door.

Now we have almost 11 (ELEVEN) Months after MS was beginning to persuade developers to use "Inking" wthin their apps.
        And still no ruler in Microsofts OWN OneNote.

This is hilarious, shocking, and whatnot.
        Please wake up. We have 2017, and creators update behind the door.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base