OneNote for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site. Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.

How can we improve OneNote for Windows?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Either make the Windows 10 version feature rich, or abandon it in favor of continuing OneNote 2016

There seems to be indecision and lack of direction when it comes to OneNote. Are there two different teams developing it? Has development stalled?

There are several features in OneNote 2016 that are not available in the Windows 10 UWA version. The most major one being the ability to searching image text converted by OCR. Please decide which product you want to succeed.

I personally have tried using the Windows 10 version for several months and had to abandon it in favor of the 2016 version.

755 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

40 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please include the PDF Export from OneNote 2016!

The ability to export single pages, sections and entire notebooks into a pdf file is a really helpful tool, that is missed by many users.
    See also:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_onenote-mso_win10-mso_2016/how-do-you-export-a-pdf-in-onenote-for-windows-10/371daf74-9084-4d84-a806-8ea6bb93935a

Please include this into the windows 10 version!

418 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Include OneNote for Desktop in Office 2019

I really like the desktop lay-out with notebooks on the left, sections on top and pages on the right. I tried the UWP version, and while perfectly suited for use on a tablet (with a reduced number of - bigger - buttons), I feel it misses too many features to replace the desktop version.

So please include OneNote in the new Office 2019 suite!

2,701 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

460 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Keep Outlook Integration In OneNote for Windows (Like 2016)

One of the most powerful feature is the ability to tag things as Outlook Tasks. Also the ability to create a OneNote page from a meeting. These features are the heart and soul of OneNote.

778 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. One Note for Windows 10 lacks many of the basic features available on OneNote 2016

I'm not quite sure how Microsoft describes OneNote for Windows 10 as the "best version" when it lacks many of the basic features available on OneNote 2016. I'm sure there are several other features missing from this supposedly new and improved version, but I'll list a few problems I ran into that are of absolutely no issue on OneNote 2016.

1. In OneNote for Windows 10 you can only insert a printout of a PDF. In order to insert a PowerPoint or Word document, etc. you’ve got to first convert the file to a PDF on your own (outside of…

220 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Templates in UWP

If you're going to remove OneNote from Office 2019 and recommend people use the less full featured OneNote UWP app...you need to add pageTemplates from OneNote 2016/365 to the UWP app.

All functionality for Page Templates,
    Creating a template
    Saving a template
    Using a Template as default for a note section

1,003 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

66 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. local

I use OneNote for business purposes, but for security reasons I am not allowed to store it in any cloud service that is external to my company. I am currently using the 2016 OneNote Desktop app, which allows local storage.

Please put a mechanism in place that will allow storage of data locally, without any need for cloud access.

Otherwise I'm sure myself, and many others that use OneNote at work will have to find something else.

I've been an avid proponent of OneNote since 2004... it would be a shame to have to give up on it after all…

372 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Upcoming version: OneNote for Windows 10 ( local storage)

For all the OneNote desktop user since the beginning.
    It is important that all the local OneNote-files can be used in the future without an upload to OneDrive.

822 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

78 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Send Page via Outlook Email

OneNote 2016 allowed users to send a page via e-mail after it was created. This is absolutely critical for users that leverage OneNote to capture notes from meetings to send those notes out to all attendees (many of whom, especially leaders, do not use OneNote). Currently, when the "Share" button is clicked, and "Send a Copy" selected, only Twitter and Windows Mail show up as options for sending e-mail. For companies that require Outlook, this is unacceptable. We need the ability to do two things natively: track attendance (where did the checkboxes go?) and send pages via e-mail. Very frustrating…

208 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Outlook Tasks, etc.

Need to continue to have all Outlook integration functionality in Onenote for Windows (particularly task creation) if you are going to sunset Outlook 2016. Difficult to understand how it could be a good business decision to do otherwise.

309 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Give us the previous navigation layout back in OneNote for Windows 10

I HATE the layout of the new navigation manu in the latest update of OneNote app for Windows 10, in this model, you can't customize the menu position, etc while you could in the previous versions. I don't understand why you think you need to change what's good while you do not touch what's bad! Please give us the previous navigation layout. It had no problem.

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Send to OneNote from Outlook

Outlook allows me to "copy" an e-mail via "Send to OneNote" into a page. This is only working with the OneNote 2016 desktop app. It would be great if I could send an e-mail to the UWP OneNote app.

410 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. PAGE SIZE SELECTION SO NO FORMATTING REQUIRED FOR PRINTING

Please add page sizes so we have the option for the pages to look like microsoft word in a way but in one note so that i know how much i can fit in one page in order to print it out and study from my notes

334 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Rotate inserted PDFs

It would be really helpful if you could rotate inserted PDFs in OneNote. Currently, the "Rotate" button is grayed out.

253 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Show print lines on each page

By default there is no way to see if your written notes exceed one page. You have to write very small or adjust the whole text to fit into a page so I can print it out.
    I would appreciate a feature like in Excel where you simply can tick a box an you can see where the border of a page is.

139 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Need paper size options!

The infinite paper size being the only option forces me to keep using OneNote 2016 or a simple pdf editor instead of OneNote for Windows 10. It is impossible to export anything from OneNote if I cannot tell where the page ends--it always will format horribly.

320 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Win: Integrate tasks and tags across OneNote, Outlook (desktop/web/app), Windows 10 mail/cal, and Microdoft To-Do app.

Integrate tasks and tags across OneNote, Outlook (desktop/web/app), Windows 10 mail/cal, and Microdoft To-Do app.

492 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. OneNote is Awful, kill it and bring back OneNote 2016.

Windows 10 "Metro" "Windows Store" OneNote App is Awful, kill it and bring back OneNote 2016.

104 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. OneNote Outlook Tasks Integration

1. I'd like existing OneNote 2016 & 2010 feature "Insert Outlook Task" be included in OneNote for Windows 10
    2. I'd like OneNote Linked tasks be available at my Android mobile device.

339 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. O365 meeting integration

In onenote 2016 you could click a button in the outlook meeting, all meeting information opened in a new note and if you used Skype for business in tracked attendance. It was brilliant. Now as 2016 is deprecated we corporate users are losing this great productivity feature. Please please revive it

97 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 208 209
  • Don't see your idea?

OneNote for Windows

Feedback and Knowledge Base