How can we improve OneNote Online?

Ability to insert Equations in OneNote Online

Today, it is finally possible to see the equations I created in the desktop version of OneNote. However, to fully take advantage of the online version, it would be welcome to insert new equations online.

100 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ewerton Calixto shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jack Z commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also on Ubuntu here and have been screenshotting LaTeX from a demo document in place of using equations in OneNote.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree. The lack of this feature is what prohibits me from using OneNote, as I am working under Ubuntu and only have access to the online version.

• McCall A Howard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For a student using OneNote using equations is necessary, especially if the class is math or sciences. Please add this feature to OneNote online!!

The online app really needs an equation editor. This shouldn't be that hard to input since it is already a feature on the desktop version.

My staff would be able to enter equations into OneNote online. They were able to enter 20 + 20 = hit space bar and receive the answer in the notebook. They are unable to do that in the online version.

• darpan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am using fedora, and I love onenote. specifically use for compiling my research notes. entering the equations is most important feature for the scientific community.

I would like support for equations, since this function is the most critical for my notes.

• Tami Eldridge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! I am a teacher and my students currently only have Chromebooks. They can only use OneNote online and they need to be able to create equations and insert fractions. Please add this

• Iris Boom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I must agree...as a student, I often have to use OneNote on my school's Chromebook. This means I cannot get an app...
        As a matter of fact... THERE SHOULD BE AN EQUATION WRITER IN EVERY ONENOTE!!!

Thanks,
        Iris B
        Lol

Currently, equation is only supported on the full version in MS window. I know it may take some time to make the OneNote online version can fully support add and edit equations.
        However, I think that what OneNote team can do now is to make the equations able to be viewed on the online version.

I really like using OneNote for taking notes in math class, except for the fact that I can only view equations in the full desktop app, not anywhere else. This pretty severely limits it.

Feedback and Knowledge Base