OneNote Online

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site. Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.
  1. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. moving note entry between notes

valid for windows version (desctop) as well

moving note entry between notes.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add a better way to add a PDF file to the note page on the web version for both Mac and PC

Add a better way to add a PDF file to the note page on the web version for both Mac and PC. Right now on the web version there is not easy way to add a file to view within the app. I can add it on the app version on my iPad but on my my Mac or PC.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. What now with OneNote privacy? Down the same path as Windows 10?

I was an avid user and positive supporter of OneNote until Win 10 arrived with it's extraordinary invasion into user privacy. I had read earlier privacy statements which lead me to believe that my OneNote docs were safe from prying eyes. I've now quit using OneNote until I understand better what Microsoft is up to with privacy. Do they really need to follow in the steps of Apple and Google on privacy matters? Casting an eye towards Linux now. Still using a Mac (w/ Win 7 installed too), but maybe not forever.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. add ability to change time and date benight title on onenote online

Would like to be able to change the time and date assigned to each page of notes in onenote online as well as the ipad app. that way it is one less task I have to do on a pc. This would help when copying notes created outside of the apps so that I can transfer them to a digital version.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Make it possible to create a new notebook without name limitations

Please improve the UX by making it possible to create a new notebook without name limitations.

There is probably technical reasoning behind this (storing the notebook as a file?), but as a user it frustrates me not being able to use colon in a notebook title.

>Please enter a name that doesn't include any special characters or >begin or end with a ".".

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNfQ28nWcAAO3cV.png

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. ability to see what my friend is typing at the time in my shared notebook without having to refresh the page

Whenever I am taking notes in school at the same time with my friend, It would be nice to see he is typing at the time. Whenever I want to see what he wrote down i have to refresh the page which takes a while.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Web: Better notebook navigation for the Web version

I think it'll be nice if there's a shortcut to navigate to another notebook in the web. If there are multiple notebooks, maybe we can just display a shortcut to the most used, or new notebooks perhaps.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. [Full functionality of OneNote] Funcionalidad completa de OneNote

Tanto en la version Web como en la app de mi Windows Phone no existen las funcionalidades de la app para pc y muchas veces son necesarias.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Create quick access checklist on Web App.

Similar to the quicklist creator on the Mobile app

There is already bullet points and numbered list, but I would like a quick checkbox list easily available. This could already exist but I was unable to locate it. Thank you!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. OneNote Online - copy web url while copying text from web page.. same as OneNote Desktop

n Nnenote desktop, when we copy any text from website, it copies that link as well , so it’s very easy maintain the references from where we copied the text.

Today in onenote online, I have to copy link and heading as well.. I am aware that I can clip a web page but at times i don’t need all the details , I just need a quick note with reference – Link to that website..

Can you consider this ?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Enable to print out all OneNote Online pages and not only one by one

It should be possible to choose which sections if not all pages from a OneNote can be printed.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. OneNote Web App and Client Version with integration to tasks from the own SharePoint Farm Site Content where OneNote started

Today it is not possible to create a Task in The OneNote webapp with a synchronisation to the Task list of the SharePoint Site Content where you start the OneNote webapp

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow us to specify a page template for Surface Pro 3

At the moment, when the SP3 is off and you press the pen button, OneNote fires up, but with a blank screen. It would make more sense of it opens up in a specific page template. As an example, it could open up with simple lines to make it look more like a legal pad.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Opção para iniciar uma conversa.

Percebi que OneNote Online não possui os três botões que ficam no canto superior direito dos demais aplicativos (OneDrive, Outlook.com, calendário, etc.).

Os botões são:
    * Chat (opção que abre o chat)
    * Configurações
    * "Perfil" (onde defino meu status).

Se alguém me envia uma mensagem, eu consigo abrir a janela de chat, mas não encontro a opção para iniciar um chat.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. A process which automatically highlights or bolds key words on your page (which you specify)

A process which automatically highlights or bolds key words on your page (which you specify) So instead of going through and highlighting each and ever yword, OneNote can do it for you

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Design suggestion: Use grey header instead of black for less distraction

It would be nice if the black header in OneNote's web app blends with the grey below it. This removes a great deal of distraction.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Page Previews

Please make page previews optional. I much prefer seeing only the page names without the preview. Thanks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Cut, limit, minimalize, and decrease lag for an instantly loadable read-only web link to specifc notes/notebooks

I love writing in the onenote application on my surface, however it is nearly impossible to get my team to look at my notes due to the extraordinary amount of lag time generated when trying to access my notes through the link I shared.

What I want is to have a separate read-only web link that I can give out that will load instantaneously. I don't need my team to edit and draw and type and looks at every single page and section in my notebooks. I want them to easily access and see what I have written in my…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

OneNote Online

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base