How can we improve OneNote Online?

Improve the performance of OneNote Online

Please kindly increase the onenote online load performance. It's really very slow and nearly unsuable.

135 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

29 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft Needs to do some serious work on the Synchronisation of OneNote Class Notebooks. My students keep losing HOURS of work time because of sync errors, badly configured access rights, overall sluggishness of the iOS and online Apps... I start to feels like I will not be able to recommend this software to other teachers. If Microsoft does not provide better services, the education community will turn against them because student time is too precious to be wasted getting a piece of software to work as it should.

Signed, a frustrated teacher

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, this is needed asap if MS wants this to really shine. Great idea, the application needs to be slimmed down

• Soham Sarkar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The loading times are extremely slow even in good connection. I'd also prefer are cleaner web app like interface.

• Azza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Computers are supposed to be convenient, but I have had issues waiting for synchronisation to occur and when it does, its slow.

I would like to consider creating a platform, or extension to what you already have, to address the speed of the service provided. It could be so much better without the hassle of waiting for updates. It should be instant, like the speed of a chat app.

I am finding a lot of Microsoft product to be of poor performance online and installed. Really is becoming an issue.

• Seamoose commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yo dis is reeeeeeeaaaalllllllly slow updating like release a fast version where it doesn't not save and stuff. Thx

From,
    Seamoose

• Jon Snow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The right side-bar is not very appealing and could be simplified and shrunk in size. The fact that skype pops up when I open the app is a little ridiculous. This is a Microsoft product. There shouldn't need to be excessive ads that are cluttering the screen. Get rid of the obnoxious skype addition, I personally will never ever use it.
    Also, as others have stated, it loads very slowly. It makes it borderline impossible to use.
    I cannot see myself using this tool at all until these two things are fixed.

• Daddy Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really like OneNote and am trying to migrate my new employer into using it for R&D projects. It works well on Android devices but is toooooo dddaaammmm slow for online use. Why? Actually, it works OK once I navigate to the page that I want to edit, but that can take 30+ seconds to get there. Sheesh. Wouldn't you think that Microsoft would have learned how to create efficient web interfaces by now?

• Joffery Thomonson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is trash. Might as well gives us the actual program. This is laggy and bad for people who have bad internet. Can you make a program but with less features instead of this.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't see a solution here! I also recently (Dec 16) migrated from Evernote due to their new limitation on number of devices without paying for premium. While the migration worked for most notes (had to copy and paste some), eventually got there. Works fine on PC and MacBook, but slow to load sections and pages on iPad....and ridiculously slow on iPhone 7 to the point it is virtually unusable .
    Can anyone advise a solution...and I don't want to hear any rubbish about note or page sizes - this is 2017, not 2007, and they worked instantaneously on Evernote

• philine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is sill a major issue! Decrease in loading time, would increase uptake massively. Why does it take so long to load, especially when set to view mode?

• Jgjfg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWF GGSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOWSLOW

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

dumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbassdumbass

• sketch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

opening of pages needs to be faster otherwise what's the use of it. We aren't living in per-historic (20th century) ages, so no compromises with speed.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base