How can we improve OneNote Online?

Crop Images

After uploading an image, I'd love to be able to crop it quickly in OneNote. Sometimes I have a screenshot that I upload and want to remove the browser bar, or other remainders of the screen. Now I need to process the image first and use other tools before I can upload it.

78 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Roman Mittermayr shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  AdminOneNote Team (Admin, OneNote Team) responded  · 

Hi,

No longer do you need to edit your images before adding them to OneNote!

To crop, right click the image and click Image Crop. Drag the handles to set the final image, then click Crop.

Let us know if you find problems.

Best Regards,
    OneNote Online Team

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am not sure we could call this 'completed' when it only applies to one part of the product suite, and not even the fully fledged commercial product!

Please add the standard image manipulation tools from Word/etc into the Desktop experience.

• Tori Aime commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm very excited to have this feature. Unfortunately, it still does not come up as an option when right clicking the image in OneNote. Can you please double check it's availability.

Thanks!

• Joseph Finney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I appreciate this has been added, but it is insane this functionality only exists online... this needs to be in the Modern app and the full desktop app. Why don't the teams at Microsoft communicate better?

• Bryan Button commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Jon Yeo: Yes, Onetastic does this, but I believe that this request is for cropping in the online version with which Onetastic does not work.

• James Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To expand rather than creating a new topic, Office 2013 added a number of improved features for photo editing across all programs except OneNote (remove background, crop, filters, corrections, etc.) and video tools in Powerpoint. Please add some or all of these to OneNote!

Feedback and Knowledge Base