How can we improve OneNote Online?

ASAP Make Online (UWP) Include ALL OneNote 2016 Functionality

Please include and surpass all the functionality of OneNote 2016 when making UWP* the best version of OneNote.

*UWP = Universal Window Platform, the one that runs on all devices and is the new 'default' version starting in Office 2019: not the 'only' version; just the default version.

Choosing not to add new features, and only do maintenance, to OneNote2016 allows a focus on OneNote UWP until it is greater than or equal to our belovedly powerful OneNote 2016.

The way I look at this is that I'll be using OneNote 2016 until UWP's features catch up to and surpass OneNote 2016's features. So basically, you guys have until end of mainstream support lifecycle in October 2020 to delivery equivalency and possible improvements.

I think you can do it. I know you have to do it. No one wants to even consider what might happen if you don't make UWP ≥ 2016 happen.

Best Regards, with wishes for Good luck and God speed because you'll likely need both.

P.S. Please don't ever take my OneNote away: it would be apocalyptic to my life.

14 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Strec shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Michael Gerity commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. OneNote UWP (like ALL UWP apps) is a stripped down shell with 1/10th the user controllable options. Basically, it's designed for simplicity, not for power, but sadly this seems to be what Microsoft now universally regards as being "better".

Feedback and Knowledge Base