Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

108 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Will Onenote users be getting this feature soon?
    Seems like an obvious feature for a collaboration tool.

Could we get a better notification system for adjustments on OneNote???? Just flip the switch on no?

• Markus Söte commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's difficult to understand why Microsoft offers this feature for private accounts but not for Office365 business accounts.

• Araxxas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not everybody has access to SharePoint. We are using oneNote on a local domain network with 40 users. Being notified about changes would help a lot.
    But it would be great if the notification would just pop up like the email notification in Outlook.
    Being notified by email would clog the inbox and waste disk space.

I am using a OneNote notebook for project management Wiki is a university research lab. I originally tried to use Class Notebook but apparently it’s usage model has changed and Project Leaders (sections) we’re unable to share their team’s Section to other team members without requiring each request to go through me as the owner of the Notebook. So I rebuilt the entire thing with a regular notebook. I have set it up to send me notifications of changes (as Project Manager) but also wish to have it send notifications to the Lab Directors. Tech support tells me this is not supported. Please add this to the product?

• Tetiana Bilokin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Right now notifications in the mail are useless: they show up every time something is changed (spammy), but they don't tell me anything I want to know: who made the change and what the change is (irrelevant).
    What would be really useful is a push notification on my mobile and action center notification on my PC, apart from emails.
    That's why I still use Google docs for collaboration on documents where I need to be updated on the changes instead of Onenote which I love.
    Please enable the option for more verbose notifications in the email.
    Also, a better dashboard/options page to modify who gets notifications and what kind, and how often.

• Elaine Zamora commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be helpful to have an alert or notification be set out when a Onenote page within a notebook is updated. It would also be extra helpful to allow to set up alerts or notices using a valid email address that just happens to be a distribution list or Active Directory Group with Email enabled. I figure if you can use an Active Directory Group to add to SharePoint permissions why can't you add it to email notifications?

• Andy Loosemore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a really good feature. Particularly in shared notebooks where the updates are likely to be sporadic or be made over a number of weeks.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base