OneNote for iPad & iPhone

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site. Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.

1. Keep previous image type when inserting photo

When using OneNote today to grab screen shot from a presentation, I had to select «as document» for each of the capture I made. I should be able to set a preference or it should a least select the last format as the default.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. "Feedback senden" existiert nicht in Einstellungen

Nach einem OneNote-Update für mein MacBook lese ich bei den Erklärungen zum Update:

Gibt es Probleme?Senden Sie uns Feedback direkt aus der App („OneNote“ > „Einstellungen“ > „Feedback senden“).

Die Funktion "Feedback senden" existiert nicht in Einstellungen.

In der PC-Version lassen sich jetzt direkt Videos einfügen, warum nicht auch in der Mac-Version?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. You have different ONE NOTES, so that´s a main problem. Further I can´t select sorts of paper like A4, A3 and so on - why not ?????

You have different ONE NOTES, so that´s a main problem. Further I can´t select sorts of paper like A4, A3 and so on - why not ?????
    Why isn´t this possible, for example to buy 1 ONE NOTE App with all possibilities..... so I would change...but know....no chance !

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow Horizontal View of Folders

I love OneNote and think Microsoft has created one of the greatest productivity tools ever! I usually windup creating loads of folders in each OneNote Notebook. I would love to be able to view all of my folders in a vertical list as opposed to having to swipe to the left (sometimes forever) to locate the folder I'm interested in accessing. Can you make this happen?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow Two Initial Caps

I work for VMware and I type VMware all of the time. However, OneNote for iOS won't permit that, so I have to constantly backspace and correct it. Please allow the use of two initial caps.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Rename and download deleted Notebook to Laptop from the Recycle Bin of OneDrive

There is no such option as mentioned, in OneDrive or OneNote. To prevent data loss such option be provided in OneDrive for deleted Notebook to download it in Laptop. Option for Renaming in Recylcle Bin also be proved for convince in OneDrive.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. lasso for earlier generation ipad

need to add select option for earlier ipads

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Put a favortires star

Put a favorites star or heart to tap or individual notes and a view favorites in the view tab. It would also be nice to open to the favorites tab in the settings menu.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Note taking mode

I love taking notes with my pencil on Onenote. I have replaced my traditional notebook with Onenote, however, to setup the new page for notes, I have to go to view, set the page style, then go back to draw on all new pages. It would be great to have a note taking mode where all the functions are available in one place and the page style is automatically set as a preference. The other note taking ideas being posted can also be included in the note taking screen.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Auto-login is needed

If I want to use Notes I shared from my computer I have to login twice. I first have to enter my user id in a oneNote app form, then I get passed to a MS Live type of login form. I can't save my userid, and it doesn't pick up autotype so I have to type it in each time.

It's too annoying

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Explain me why i lost all my notes, when i updated my Macbook the 23 september ?. And how do i get them back

Explain me why i lost all my notes, when i updated my Macbook the 23 september ?. And how do i get them back?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Defaults to Symbol Font

We use One note to share shopping lists between multiple iOS devices and OneNote 2016 for windows. Creating new Pages or List items in iOS often defaults to the Symbol font, which looks like Greek. I don't know whether this is a feature or a configuration problem.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Shift down

We use onenote in our firm to take notes with onenote, and we whare them with notenote on laptop. We use the drawing mode, and we write our text with a pencil.
    It would be very useful to have the possibIlity the shift down a page at any location.
    So we could insert new notes at any position of a page

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Please just do it right for once. stop breaking the app.

Please just do it right for once and do the simple stuff and test the app make sure it works before releasing it. The last update from 9/15/2016 broke the pen. Now all my color are just black and the once awhile the text appear to copy it self so i am getting those double version affect.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add a "Favorites" button, and the ability to mark high use notes as favorites for quick access.

Rather than searching for or drilling down through notebooks it would be a real timesaver to have a bookmark style ability to see your "favorite notes. One click and they all show up in the page column.
    - From OneNote Online section originally

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Support fast outline reorganization on mobile platforms

On desktop versions, I can reorganize an outline by dragging and dropping entire "sub-outlines" (bullets with children) anywhere on the page or within the same outline by using item handles. This is not possibe in the iPad version. Instead, MS only makes it possible to move SINGLE bullets UP, DOWN, RIGHT, LEFT. Using the ctrl-option-right/left arrow -- which requires a keyboard. This is woefully inadequate and defeats the kind of flexibility present in desktop versions. It makes notetaking in lectures, meetings, research very difficult and time consuming without the ability to move blocks of structured information around since handles are…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)