OneNote for iPad & iPhone

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site. Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.

1. bullets

Please add a more robust bullet system. Current bullet indentation is limited to one indent.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. iPhone: More color

The iPhone version of OneNote looks too bare. I'd like it to have a splash of color like Excel, Word, and PowerPoint for the iPhone.

Thanks!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow syncing with only some sections of a notebook

Large notebooks with many sections do not always need to be fully sync'ed with a mobile device, especially over a cellular network. It would be great to have the ability to select a list of sections to sync, ignoring the others.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. wma playback on iphone

I use OneNote at work on my laptop running windows, and would very much like to seamlessly listen to the recordings on my iPhone, say for example, as I ride the train on my commute home.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Arial text is not visible in OneNote for IOS in drawings pasted from Visio

Arial text is not visible in OneNote for IOS (iPad Air IOS 9.1) in drawings pasted from Visio. The Arial text is visible on my PC (OneNote 2013, Windows 8.1). If I change the font to Calibri in Visio on my PC before copying the drawing to OneNote, then the text will show up in OneNote on my iPad. Arial text in drawings used to display fine in previous versions of OneNote for IOS, so the issue is a recent change.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ipad: Allow dots in letters and numbers to be made w/ handwriting

Allow dots to be made with handwriting. The newest update to version 2.18 does not allow dots to be made (e.g. the dot in the letter "i" and "j", or in decimal points for numbers like 3.14).

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1Password Integration

Could you add 1Password support to login screens, or use SFSafariViewController, which I hear should have 1Password support soon? https://twitter.com/defective_bit/status/657656494918209536

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Stop blocking paste in password fields

I just configured OneNote on my iPhone. I use OnePassword and none of my passwords are short or memorable. I doubt that I'm unique in this. My standard approach is to copy and paste passwords into apps that need them.

Blocking this is silly and authoritarian. Thanks you Microsoft security review bureaucracy for saving me from this convenience.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 원노트 모바일에서 보기 최적화 필요

원노트의 노트를 모바일에서 볼 때 최적화시켜서 보여주면 좋겠습니다. 폭맞춤으로. ^^

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Merge the functionality of Wunderlist into onenote.

Id love to have the functionality/design of Wunderlist built into onenote and here's why:

1. I like to have as little programs open as possible, I use onenote too religiously to give it up.
    2. I've started to just have a Todo section in onenote, but it's pretty lacking in functionality as it just adds the checkbox. It would be nice to have the features of Wunderlist and be able to set reminders and reoccurring task.

I guess this is more onenote for Windows by the way.

I've got lots of ideas on this so email me if you have…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Create an amazing Microsoft-made Stylus for OneNote on iPad

After years of half-baked products from third-party companies, no one has ever been able to create a great stylus for the iPad.
    It would be great if you can create a custom-made stylus specifically designed with OneNote in mind.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Have a PIN code option on app startup/restart for mobile devices.

Allow the user to set a PIN code which needs to be entered before Onenote can be started or restarted on a mobile device. This will prevent casual access to Onenote by someone if I lend them my phone.

(This should be in addition to password-protected section support on mobile devices.)

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow text boxes to have an alarm or timer attached. When alarm goes off the box of text pops up across screen or Notification Center.

This will allow user to bypass using a calendar app to make it easier and faster to get timed notices that have more information without switching between apps.
    User simply sets date and or time of when they need to be reminded of a note. Example, an upcoming meeting and its notes, a Grocery list with the list in the reminder, Doctors appointment with things you placed in tote to bring like medication list or treatment progress.

This feature would give user the needed notes that give the reason for the reminder. This would save time by looking at calendar…

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Request onenote clipper for ipad/iPhone

Since now apple has allowed more sharing functionality and there are apps that allow clipping of content from safari to other notes app, I hope onenote can come out with a clipper app for onenote ipad/iPhone that allows us to share and save information. The app I saw was "clips" and it made use of the widget function to capture info to be used later on. I hope onenote can have one that allow us to capture anything over to the notebook, be it from safari or other pdf reader apps. Thanks.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Real-time Syncing and push-sync for iOS devices

Follow the pattern of similar services like iCloud or Pocket, syncing changes to the server immediately and then pushing them to mobile devices. When I enter changes in the Windows or Mac app and then open OneNote on my mobile device, the changes sometimes take more than a minute to sync. Ideally, you would open the mobile app and the changes will have already been pushed to that device.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Let's create a "Reading&Study mode"

It will be very useful for student to have a "Reading&Study mode" on the app. This new feature isn't yet implemented (you have to scroll, to zoom, ecc). My ideas is to have a standard view that allow to read notes, like an ebook. This feature is already implemented on MS Word 2013, but not in OneNote.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. You MUST have a method to turn autocapitalization and "spell checking" OFF on ios (and everyhwere else)

i have abandoned onenote because I could not see how to turn off auto spell checking and worse auto capitalization.
    if the app cannot simply record what I type as I type it, it is useless.
    (this was on ios)

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Sync notifier as 58% completed, all regional font support, expand/collapse paragraph/sub pages, searchable task with alarm,color picker font

As all user waiting to finish synchronized, if an sync notification with digital as 58% completed, there is no need to wait. All regional font support is necessary for an world best app, expand/collapse paragraph/sub pages important for an clear and detailed view, if tasks are synchronised with outlook reminder, it is a world's most best app.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

OneNote for iPad & iPhone

Feedback and Knowledge Base