OneNote for iPad & iPhone

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site. Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.

How can we improve OneNote for iPad & iPhone?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Request onenote clipper for ipad/iPhone

Since now apple has allowed more sharing functionality and there are apps that allow clipping of content from safari to other notes app, I hope onenote can come out with a clipper app for onenote ipad/iPhone that allows us to share and save information. The app I saw was "clips" and it made use of the widget function to capture info to be used later on. I hope onenote can have one that allow us to capture anything over to the notebook, be it from safari or other pdf reader apps. Thanks.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Real-time Syncing and push-sync for iOS devices

Follow the pattern of similar services like iCloud or Pocket, syncing changes to the server immediately and then pushing them to mobile devices. When I enter changes in the Windows or Mac app and then open OneNote on my mobile device, the changes sometimes take more than a minute to sync. Ideally, you would open the mobile app and the changes will have already been pushed to that device.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Let's create a "Reading&Study mode"

It will be very useful for student to have a "Reading&Study mode" on the app. This new feature isn't yet implemented (you have to scroll, to zoom, ecc). My ideas is to have a standard view that allow to read notes, like an ebook. This feature is already implemented on MS Word 2013, but not in OneNote.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. You MUST have a method to turn autocapitalization and "spell checking" OFF on ios (and everyhwere else)

i have abandoned onenote because I could not see how to turn off auto spell checking and worse auto capitalization.
    if the app cannot simply record what I type as I type it, it is useless.
    (this was on ios)

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Sync notifier as 58% completed, all regional font support, expand/collapse paragraph/sub pages, searchable task with alarm,color picker font

As all user waiting to finish synchronized, if an sync notification with digital as 58% completed, there is no need to wait. All regional font support is necessary for an world best app, expand/collapse paragraph/sub pages important for an clear and detailed view, if tasks are synchronised with outlook reminder, it is a world's most best app.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow OneNote to connect to 365 without neededing a consumer Microsoft ID

Currently enterprises looking to rollout OneNote on mobile devices (iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Windows Store) to employees need to worry about hooking up the app to the users personal Microsoft ID as it is a foundational requirement before being able to connect to 365. This is a huge blocker to enterprise adoption and deployment. Users should be able to start with either a consumer or 365 account.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Reading Studying Mode or Presentation Mode for students

Evernote has a function like this but OneNote must have such has even better functionality. It is not enough organize notes , more important thing is studying learning. thanks

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. More Drawing tools

Air brush, needs a bitmap drawing mode, would allow to sketch, greatly enhancing what the program can be used for, the iPad app Notes HD has a powerful stencil feature that lets you do sketch notes with ease, and would be a fantastic addition to what OneNote can do. Could implement as a page layer possibly.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Better ink support

Existing ink in ON for iPad, while welcome, needs work in some key areas to be a better alternative to existing iPad ink apps. Specifically, it needs:

* palm rejection
    * much smoother ink/faster capture (a performance or sampling issue?)

Without palm rejection, the writing experience is very uncomfortable, and without improved smoothness and resolution of the ink capture the results are mostly illegible. Combined together and ink is effectively not worth using.

In my case I have to look to upad for a proper smooth ink experience, which I then must export into ON. In the process I lose…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. One more request for Diary/Journaling features

With a great way to share directly to OneNote in iOS8 (not so great with Android) there is a potential for OneNote to be used in everyday life as a journal app (I have app "Day One" in mind).

Why?

We snap the pictures on smartphones like crazy, and feel very safe when they're backed up in OneDrive. Of course we share them in social media/instant messaging app of choice.
    But that's it.

Now, what if there was a fast and simple way to just drop favorite ones to OneNote from our smartphones just as I would post/IM them but…

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Enable PDF annotation is iPhone

Hi, Please can you look into adding the annotations feature into your iPhone app. I need to be able markup pdf's and tick boxes etc then send the document to print on my iPhone. I can do this on my iPad but not the phone for some reason. Many thanks.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add location to notes to see where it was taken

Add a Picture to my OneNote is easy, take a note is easy but it's hard to remind where I did it?

If there would be the location eg. Location from Google Maps or Facebook (manually or automaticly) it would bei easier.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Feature parity between iPhone 6 plus version and iPad version.

Hi. Apple's iPhone 6 plus apps, when in landscape, look more like iPad apps than iPhone apps. For example the Mail app has two panes with the option to enlarge the email pane. Safari has actual tabs instead of a tab button, and so on. It is remiss of third party apps, most importantly OneNote, to restrict iPhone 6+ users to the same functionality as the iPhone 5 and 6. At least give us an excuse to use the text editing features in the landscape keyboard.

(Same goes for the rest of the apps in the office suite.)

Something like…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Handwriting Fluidity on iPAD

I think it would be great if you could incorporate seamless handwriting using a format similar to that of GoodNotes - so that you can write like you're writing in a notebook and not have to always pick your hand up to scroll over or write so large that you write for pages. Anyways, love that we can use OneNote to hand write now on iPAD, just trying to make the handwriting feature a little better :) Thank you!

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Support Handoff in iOS and OSX

Since OneNote already generates note link URLs, I'm hoping it's fairly easy to implement basic handoff support so I can open a OneNote note in my iPhone onto my Mac, or vice versa.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Introduce PIN locking for onenote app on iOS and Android.

Introduce PIN locking for onenote app on iOS and Android so that notes are secure and privacy is protected.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Enable Change Tab Colour on iPad Onenote

Be able to Change colours of tabs from iPad Onenote

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Provide linkage between OneNote for iPad and OWA for iPad

Allow embedded .msg files to be previewed in OneNote iPad app, and allow .msg files to be opened in OWA iPad app from OneNote iPad app just like word documents can be opened in Word for iPad from OneNote for iPad!

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Speak Selection

On the note app that comes with the iPhone and on Evernote we can select a text and the iPhone give the option of read the text for us. But on One Note even having enable this action (speak selection) on accessibility One Note don't give us that option.
    It would be amazing if you can add this option and even better that let us (costumers) download a audio file of the text on One Note.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add ability to paste as text

Add an ability to choose "text" as an option when pasting or create a preference to select default paste method and include plain text as an option.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

OneNote for iPad & iPhone

Feedback and Knowledge Base