OneNote for iPad & iPhone

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site. Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.

1. Bring back spotlight search

Where did it go? Spotlight search used to search OneNote notebooks. I’d like it back.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Paper Size Options

I do the majority of my note taking on my iPad Pro with the apple pencil. I like handwriting. But I have an android phone and pc. I want to use onenote as a note taking app because it can be run on all three of those platforms.. But I want to have the option to choose a standard 8.5 x 11 page format on the iPad, not the infinity layout that's there. It feels like the lack of that option is holding me back from really using onenote. The infinity layout doesn't look slick enough for just simple handwritten…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Don't make me press "Ok" to "Turn Off Airplane Mode or Use Wi-Fi to Access Data" every time I open OneNote in airplane mode!

I know I'm offline.
    I want to use OneNote.
    But OneNote pops up a modal dialog saying "Turn Off Airplane Mode or Use Wi-Fi to Access Data" every time I open OneNote while being offline.
    It's very very annoying.

If that message is important, show it in a non-obstrusive way somewhere at the bottom of the screen.

Don't make it a modal dialog and don't force me to press "Ok" dozens of times a day.

There are use cases where the user is not online and still wants to use OneNote.

There are also use cases where people aren't online…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Apple pencil 2 with one note: pencil thickness varies while writing. Please fix this problem to have constant thickness and prettier writing

Issue with ipad pro 12" and apple pencil 2. While writing the pen thickness changes.
    The objective should be to have a constant thickness which would make the handwriting prettier.
    I do not refer the the preset thicknesses (5 steps from thin to thick) but to changes within one of the thickness settings.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. sub-sections

for students that have alot of chapters, they will be able to create more subsections for each of their subjects or chapters for easier allocation of notes

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Split view two separate pages in app

Able to refer to separate pages of notebook side by side while writing notes on a separate page. Maybe like drag a page to the side to enable split view in the app.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Send OneNote page as email with attachment, not pdf

When you send a page from the OneNote computer software, it sends as an email, with the attachments on the page sent as attachments. When you send a page from OneNote on iPad, it sends as a pdf. It would be great if we could have the same ability to send an email with the text of the page as part of the email, with the documents saved in the page attached to the email. Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add ability to change grid and rule line color!

The default blue grid and rule lines clash with most of the page colors- OneNote 2016 has the ability to change rule line color and it's a huge aesthetic boost. Please stop taking away features from programs that worked great!

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. textbox

Please create borders for textboxes, so it can act as a sticky note on Onenote

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add multiple levels for pages

There are sections and pages, but there should be additional levels available. Like adding a subset of pages to a page. That would be an easy fix and expand tha ability of OneNote. I believe that this is an option on the PC version, but it needs to be on the iPad and Android Tablets as well. Many users are not taking laptops into meetings and carrying them around the office or when traveling. Please update the mobile apps with the same functionality as the PC version.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I would love to know if the handwriting function will be coming to the iPhone version of OneNote any time soon

I would love to know if the handwriting function will be coming to the iPhone version of OneNote any time soon

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Search ability on the iphone like on the desktop version

Provide the same search ability on the iphone version of OneNote like you can do on the desktop version of the app.

168 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Bug with Apple Watch App

The Apple Watch app is having an issue where it is asking me to sign into OneNote on my iPhone, even though I am successfully signed into OneNote on my iPhone with my work and school OneNote accounts. I have reinstalled the app and rebooted my watch, neither worked. i've been bounced around all over the pace with Microsoft Support getting no resolution from Microsoft. Not sure if I need to attempt any further troubleshooting or if this is an actual issue that needs reporting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Remove the banner notification

Please remove the banner notification. I always received notices that say the internet connection is bad. Those notices is nothing but interrupt my work. Please remove this style of notification. Particular when I am writing, this notice is very annlying.
    Please remove this kind of notification. This notification could be replced with any other not annoying ones.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Remove nav bar and show printing margins

1. Remove the nav bar that currently stays on the left side of One Note. Especially for left-handed users this is extremely frustrating: as we write it's very difficult to avoid accidentally hitting the nav bar. Extremely frustrating and not at all user friendly which is a shame since One Note is amazing in every other way (and you can remove the nav bar on the desktop version of OneNote).

2. Just like you can add ruled or graph background, should have a feature that shows printing margins. Currently I take the PDFs I work on and trial and error…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Bring ink math assistant to iPad

Please bring the Ink Math Assistant from the windows store edition to iPad. There are no real good math inking apps on iPad yet. Being able to graph handwritten functions or converting them to text would be super useful!

521 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

69 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Install version of OneNote that supports older version of iOS

Hope there will be an option to downgrade or rollback version of OneNote that is compatible with older version of iOS.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Give options for sidebar position

It would be greatly helpful to have the option to move the sidebar to the right side of the screen. When I try to write with the Apple Pencil, I frequently accidentally select things on the side bar with my left hand. Being able to choose to have the side bar on the right side would allow left-handed people to write without being interrupted by accidentally switching to another page, adding another page, or selecting "Edit."

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

OneNote for iPad & iPhone

Feedback and Knowledge Base