OneNote for iPad & iPhone

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site. Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.

1. Switching pen color after shaping

Please give us an option to change the pen color after drawing a shape without changing the color of that exact same shape. It’s so frustrating. I want to be able to draw an arrow in red and then switch back to a black pen without the red arrow switching to black too. You might say: just deselect the arrow. Well, it doesn’t work. You can‘t deselect it. Selection stays forever. The only workaround is to select the text tool, write some letters and switch back to the pen tool. That takes too much time!!! Please add this feature. It‘d…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I would like to see the Cornell note format be added to the paper style options

Cornell Notes are a popular method for note taking and OneNote would benefit to offer this as well.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. In iOS how can we set the ruled lines as an "always create page with rule lines"?

In iOS how can we set the ruled lines as an "always create page with rule lines"? We can set it on our Windows 10 but can't figure out how to set the default on the iPad Pro.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Consistency across devices

In many educational settings students have a range of different devices.

Microsoft's failure to implement the same functionality across different devices is a major impediment in education.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Fix storage bug in version 16.42

I have recently updated the OneNote app on my IPad to version 16.42 (20100803) and the app suddenly bloats my storage, by increasing in size (cache I suppose) from about 4gb to 15gb including data within minutes!!! The app starts freezing and my device tells me I am running out of space. This happens even for simple notes, no images. Closing notebooks temporarily restores the app to a decent size, but then soon thereafter it increases in size again. I believe there is some bug which keeps creating data in the background. Please update the app fixing this issue ASAP!!!…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Haptic Touch sticky note option

When you do Haptic Touch, have sticky note as an option so you can get to the option quicker.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sticky Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow "." (dot/point) in notebook names like "1.1 page", "1.3 page"

In iOS OneNote Apps it is not possible to use correctly "." (dot/point) in notebook names like
    "1.1 page"
    "1.3 page"

You can create such a notebook name, but it is displayes as "1"
    (= everythink after the first dot is cutted)

Seems to be a bug since such notebook names are allowed and correclty displayed in
    1) Win10: OneNote 2016: yes
    2) Win10: App.OneNote: yes
    3) Win10: OneDrive in WindowsExplorer: yes
    4) Office 365 (Online) Sharepoint (Teamwebsite): yes
    5) iOS Apps OneNote: NO

Can you please allow "." (dot/point) "." in notebook names everywhere in every OneNote app/Website/Desktop app?

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I need ink to text on ipad!

Add ink to text to the ipad one note app!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Start or switch to 'Draw Mode' When Apple Pencil is used

Hi Microsoft,

I think it would be of use to automatically switch to 'draw' mode, for a written note, when the writing area is touched with the Apple Pencil. At the moment you have to manually click the ribbon, select draw, select colour of pencil etc. and there are multiple additional clicks required to get to the point that you would like to be at.

I don't think too many people use the pencil for navigation through menus, it's designed as an input device, and so I think the draw mode should automatically begin when the pencil is used (like…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Order notes in notebook by date created/date modified/alphabetical order

Hi Microsoft,
    Could we please add the functionality of ordering a notebooks notes by certain constraints such as alphabetical/date created etc. like on the desktop version (or make them mirror the desktop version order at least) would make it a lot easier when I use lots of devices to create notes!

Thanks,
    DT

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ruler Functions, electric symbol catalog, pdf import from websites

In general this is a great tool for engineering students. I need to see:
    - import of pdfs from websites more easily.
    - A triangle ruler, or just a normal Ruler!, is a fundamental part of taking good notes.
    - quick graph creation with numbers and values
    - simple symbol catalog (like in visio) with favorites for quick access

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Crash

OneNote on IPAD crashed and won’t open again

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Please enable to setup default paper

Hi I am a new user of OneNote since I got my iPad 2 weeks ago. I love the app so far for note taking. However, I wish I can set default paper style (line, colour, etc.) so I don’t have to do it every time when I create a new page. That would save some hassle. Thank you so much!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Subpage and Section Group

Plz add the option of subpages and section groups on the iPad one note version

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. sticky notes keeps saying "tap here to enter your password" but when I click it disappears and reappears but won't provide the ability to en

sticky notes keeps saying "tap here to enter your password" but when I click it disappears and reappears but won't provide the ability to en

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. OneNote on iOS - Scale "Page" to A4 format to enable use as PDF and to print out

OneNote on iOS - Scale "Page" to A4 format to enable use as PDF and to print out

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Need to be able to move paragraphs up and down! (whether bulleted or not)

Usefulness of mobile version very impaired by not being able to move paragraphs (whether bulleted items or not) up and down! Should be able to drag them as well as have buttons (like current indent/outdent buttons) to move paragraphs quickly.

Please add this essential feature! 🙏

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Selecting the handwritten notes without leaving some letters apart

I am always having the problem with moving or scaling a whole sentence or at least a word without leaving some strokes from a letter apart. I think it would be better if the lasso tool could select specific handwritten text without meticulously surrounding every single letter from a word or a sentence with the lasso tool.
    Or being able to group the handwritten notes beforehand with a picture would be perfect as well in order to just move the picture with the handwritten notes without surrounding the picture again with a lasso tool.
    As one is limited to zoom…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. The space bar on OneNote does not work with an external keyboard.

When using Logitech’s iPad Pro keyboard, I have found the space bar does not work at all when using one note. It’s function seems to be connected to the page search bar, so when typing a sentence it ends up looking like this: “hellomynameis” rather than “hello my name is.” I do not have this problem with any other app, the keyboard is brand new and space bar works elsewhere (I am typing this message with said keyboard.) This renders one note completely useless to me and I would really appreciate it if the problem could be fixed ASAP.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Extremely frustrating.

Extremely frustrating.
    The OneNote app on my iPad pro (3rd gen) started getting laggy after the cache started to build up. So I had to reinstall the app. Now a good portion of my notes just FAILS to resync. It says "We couldnt open this page" . I tried logging out and logging back in, no use. I contacted support, they barely have any idea. Although I am able to access these notes from my laptop (OneNote 2016 app), my ipad just fails repeatedly to sync them. And the sad part is, after I did a bit of researching, I…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

OneNote for iPad & iPhone

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base