OneNote for iPad & iPhone

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site. Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.

1. Ipad

Können sie bitte ein lineal einführen für das ipad auf onenote. Das würde mein Leben retten. LG Lina

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Sticky Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Lineal

Please add an lineal to OneNote IOS Version, otherwise the app is useless for school using.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Lineal or ruler for the ipad

Please add a ruler function to the iPad edition. A lot of people need this feature especially for school. Thank you

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. deselect lasso - screen jumps to top

When I am using the lasso tool to select objects - when i click off to deselect the object, my screen will jump up to the top of the current image i am on.

So when I am working on a lecture with 2-pages per slide, it jumps up to the top of the current slide, which brings me away from the slide/area I am working on

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. HEX / Eyedropper / Custom Color Palette for Users

It would be nice to have a way of saving colours to use for the Drawing function in OneNote. When I go back to my notes, there is no way of recreating the exact same pen colour, unless I have still have its pen saved. Do you have this problem too?
    I have this struggle all the time. I reached the max number of pens set in my OneNote, saving my favourite colours. But it's cumbersome keeping all of the pens there, and having to sacrifice some for new colours that I want to use.

A HEX code & 'eyedropper'…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Pen Style

Like other note taking apps and even apples integrated pdf markup tool, the pen has a slight "cursive" ability that makes all the letters looks a little nicer and better put together... making the handwriting neats.

I would like to see this in onenote

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Solve handwritten Mathequations as i can do on the Web Version of OneNote

In the web Version of OneNote is this „math“ Feature were you can circle/mark handwritten math-equations and they are solved directly in OneNote.

I would like to be able to do that on my iPad. It is such a convenient feature for quick or even langer calculations.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Migliorare salvataggio PDF

Da iPad Non riesco ad esportare i pdf in modo corretto, quando cerco di stamparli o salvarli in pdf mi crea un unico enorme pdf lungo NON in A4. Anche dal pc non riesco a stampare e se lo fa non adatta il contenuto ad un A4 ma risulta tutto tagliato e sporgente su altre pagine rendendo impossibile la lettura. Come faccio ad esportare in A4 da iPad? E da Mac? Grazie

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. OneNote section disappeared ticket ref: 1016268566

Hello, i was sent by the live chat support here to explain the issue i had with OneNote, regarding the complete disappearing of an entire section in my notebook.

i'll quickly recap. Basically i was working on some notes on the iPad App, writing on a page of my 'Exams' section. While i was working i got distracted for a moment and the section consisting of many pages completely disappeared. I haven't been able to find trace of the lost section, not through the search option, nor through the notebook's history.

I should also mention that onedrive didn't recognize the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Multiple pen styles and color match

I love OneNote but I would really like multiple pen styles ball point, fountain, calligraphy, gel. Also when we've used a custom color if we end up losing it somehow the ability to tap on a word written in it to get that color match back vs having to guess if we were able to select the right on again

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. battery issue

Can you fix this bug? It seems that OneNote has been draining the batteries on iPads for a while, and still has not been fixed. I can't even take notes for two classes back to back without having to plug it into an outlet. This is an iPad Pro 11, and its updated, as well as OneNote.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Dark Mode & OneNote Inking

Our students are 1:1 with iPads and our teachers use Surface Pros (6 & 7). When students use dark mode on the iPad and ink in a OneNote Class Notebook, the inking is not showing up for teachers when they review student work. However, if teachers switch to dark mode on OneNote Windows 10, the student work appears.

We're currently going to tell our students to not use dark mode when working in the OneNote iOS app, but it would be ideal if teachers could view the work regardless of whether or not students used dark mode to complete their…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. It should be the feature of splitting pages and sheets and setting an A4 size or letter or legal

It should be the feature of splitting pages and sheets and setting an A4 size or letter or legal

77 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. ReDo

OneNote has Undo (at end of the toolbar above the on-screen kbd), but no ReDo, UFL. Orhasit_?
    §
    [ OneNote v16.45 ]
    [ iPhoneSE.2020 • iOS 14.3 ]
    [ 2021.01.13.Wed.00:40. ]

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Seiten Begrenzung

Da ich OneNote auf dem Tablet auch für Hausaufgaben nutze und diese auch verschicken muss, wandle ich diese immer in eine PDF um, doof ist nur, dass ich dann nie weiß wo die Seite endet, da ich auch so klein schreibe. Mein Wunsch: Eine gestrichelte Linie/ Funktion die man ein und ausschalten kann, welche das Ende einer Seite kennzeichnet wie auch in Excel zum Beispiel.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow better PDF annotation/navigation

Allow for easier scrolling through and navigation of PDFs by allowing us to enter page numbers and scroll to that page of the pdf. Goodnotes has a feature that outlines the pdf so you can easily go to the section of the pdf that you want to. Would be really useful for large PDFs of textbooks.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Data not stored on device

I’m finding my iPhone/iPad storage is being filled up quite quickly by me notebooks. Could there be an option to access certain notebooks only over wifi/mobile data, so the notebook data is not stored on the device.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow for users to move the "Show Notebook List" button to the right for left handed users

When the button on the upper left of the page is pressed, the Notebook List shows up which is frustrating for left hand users that may occasionally click it with their pinky when writing. Suggestion would be the option to move this button, not necessarily the entire notebook list but just the button and perhaps change it from an arrow to a "three-lined icon".

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

OneNote for iPad & iPhone

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base