OneNote for iPad & iPhone

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site. Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.

1. Please add widget for Sticky Notes in iOS 14

Now that with iOS 14 we can place widgets on home screen, it would be super handy to have Sticky Notes widget on our home screen. Kindly add this feature.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add the option for INTERNAL LINKS (texts from one page to another page, or from one section to another)

It would be very useful if we can have the option of using internal links to connect one section (or page) to another section (or page), through texts or paragraphs. Thank you!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. The iPad and PC onenote options are not the same on the iPhone onenote app.

I want more options available on the iPhone such as bullets in lieu of only check-boxes. More options needed for the iPhone app!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Custom fonts broken on iOS 14

I think Apple has changed their implementation of custom fonts systemwide on iOS 14. Please update the app ASAP. If Goodnotes can push an update fixing this promptly so can you.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Merge my notebook sets onto ONE-version of OneNote

It’s deeply ironic that I have two misaligned sets of OneNote. Full stop. I want to migrate my fractured app versions. I have half of my notes on each version! It is confusing. It kills productivity and organization. It makes me lose my place at important moments. Free m— let me pick just one. Help me migrate them all to one app type! I cannot devote a full work day to moving 7 years of notes on desktop over to the web app.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Open and Edit PDF Documents

i would like to open easy PDF Documents and mark them.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow for users to move the "Show Notebook List" button to the right for left handed users

When the button on the upper left of the page is pressed, the Notebook List shows up which is frustrating for left hand users that may occasionally click it with their pinky when writing. Suggestion would be the option to move this button, not necessarily the entire notebook list but just the button and perhaps change it from an arrow to a "three-lined icon".

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. ios collapsible paragraphs

Hey,
    can you please add collapsible paragraps to the iPhone version of oneNote. It is essential for working with notes. It exists on desktop and android versions, but not on iPhone.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please support pressure sensitivity and "Pencil" for Apple Pencil

It's obvious that Apple Pencil is pressure sensitive. When I'm writing with Surface Pen, the things written look natural, but on iPad, it doesn't. This makes me want to give up using OneNote cause the inequality of the experience across the platforms.

Also, there are only pen and highlighter in the iOS version, but the Windows version has an additional pencil option. Things written in pencil are displayed as pen on iOS.

428 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Word search should highlight that word where it is found

when I search The word I search for is not highlighted within the note. Why?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please Add Zoom Text Window

Goodnotes and Notability both have zoom tools that allow for neater writing. You click it and it zooms in, autmaticly moving as you finish writing in the window. It allows for neater writing and less need to keep swipping to move to the next line.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Default Font Fails to Function when Pasting Text

Add a Default Font selection (Settings: Edit View) that allows Users to “Paste Text using Default Font”.

Prior to today, Users could paste text in iOS from an Apple App (Messages), and that App’s format would remain (Calibri), but now it always uses Helvetica.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Substitute pinch for zoom with a zoom value bar (for use with apple pencil)

When writing with the apple pencil it is almost certain that you change the zoom as you place your hand on the tablet. This is very inconvenient. Therefore I suggest an option where one can turn off the "pinch for zoom" function and have a "zoom value bar" instead.

All the best,

User

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Rule

Please, the incorporation of the ruler tool in the iPad app would be very helpful to make straight lines!

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. battery issue

Can you fix this bug? It seems that OneNote has been draining the batteries on iPads for a while, and still has not been fixed. I can't even take notes for two classes back to back without having to plug it into an outlet. This is an iPad Pro 11, and its updated, as well as OneNote.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Insert Single page from PDF documents

It would really advance OneNote for iPad, if there would be the possibility to insert single pages from PDF documents and not always the whole document.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Multiple accounts of the same organisation

As a school we often got sibling, who have to share one tablet (most of the time it are ipads). Since it is not possible to use more than one school-account at the same time, we always have one sibling using the whole office package and the rest just using TEAMS with their phone.
    Sharing / switching between accounts of the same organisation would be helpful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Deselect shapes after insert, so that changing pen colour does not change shape colour

Currently: after you add a shape, then change the pen colour, the shape is auto-selected and changes colour. The only way to switch colour after inserting a shape is to make a stray dot (to de-select the shape).

Please make it so that the shape does not auto-select after it is placed. So that changing pen colours would not affect the shape.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

OneNote for iPad & iPhone

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base