OneNote for iPad & iPhone

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site. Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.

1. Really missing to convert handwriting into text like earlier version

IT should be possible to convert handwriting into text using Onenote 365 no the new iPad pro.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sync hand writing notes with audio recording.

I have used Onenote on the surface pro 4 and loved it. But the experience on the Ipad Pro is lacking a major feature: audio recording while taking notes + sync playback with the note taking. When you start the audio record in Onenote on the Ipad you can’t do anything else... Is there something I’m missing? If not, Microsoft please address this! Otherwise this is a great app and I love being able to move from the Ipad to my Pc and find all of my notes.
    Martin

101 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Enable option to treat iOS ink as either 'handwriting' or 'drawing'

Prior to December of 2017 OneNote interpreted iOS pen inputs as 'handwriting' which enables server side indexing of handwritten notes.

In December, during an update, this was changed to 'drawing' which means that all handwritten notes made on iOS must be manually converted using a win32 application.

A support thread was started here:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_onenote-mso_imobile-mso_o365b/handwriting-recognition-stopped-working-on-ipad/85269887-c426-4eb4-adf5-bc749aeae50e?messageId=d79d1886-b44b-459a-ba83-2e8edc01f267&rtAction=1526467916381

Which was just recently closed as 'Design Behavior'. Instead of just going back to default all ink input as handwriting, it would be hugely beneficial to be able to toggle the default input in the settings menu.

149 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Siri Shortcuts in iOS 12

Please support the new Siri Shortcuts that released September 2018. When I have an important idea or thought that I want to get out of my head and recorded asap, it would be nice to invoke Siri, and say "New OneNote" and OneNote opens at a new note ready for me to start typing or dictating. Putting this support in OneNote would allow for a bunch more automation that would really show the power of OneNote as a platform.

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Hyperlink to a different page in OneNote for iPad

Link to different page (hyperlink) in OneNote for iPad

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I'd like the custom tags from my desktop to sync to my iPad. Or at least be able to customize the tags in iPad to match my desktop.

I'd like the custom tags from my desktop to sync to my iPad. Or at least be able to customize the tags in iPad to match my desktop.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ruler tool

Make OneNote easy to make graphs, with easy scaling, paper millimeter paper and easy to draw straight lines for math, physics and so on. I am using iPad and iPad Pro as well as Mac.thanks!

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add the "Pencil" option in the add pen menu

This feature is available in Word iOS but not in OneNote. Additionaly, It would also be great if you could achieve a similar look to Apple's Pencil option in their Note App.

Thank you for considering our feature requests.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Check-Lists: Enable a mirroring function allowing a master check list on one page to reflect check lists from multiple pages.

Provide option to check-off on master list on summary page or project owner's page, or option to check off on other pages that own sub-tasks or sub-categories, while keeping both sets of check-lists updated real-time.
    Consider check list can change color based on project 25%, 50%, 75% complete and/or closes its-self off when sub-category is complete, or link a status bar to check list to change color as an indicator.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Connect To-Do and OneNote App

OneNote - to be really useful - needs to habe a connector to tje Microsoft To-Do app or be able to create Outlook tasks or meetings directly from the app on the iPad.

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Paper style

Dark grey ruled lines in paper style (or ability to choose colour of ruled lines). Apply to maths square grid lines or horizontal straight ruled lines.

(On horizontal lined paper, leave the margin in its current colour or let the user choose)

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Support Three Finger "Undo" and "Redo"

This works in some apps but leads to scrolling in OneNote

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. STRAIGHT LINE FEATURE

Please would you allow us to draw straight lines - just as you would in notability (your competitor) - DRAWING STRAIGHT LINES IS ESSENTIAL AND IS SUCH A SIMPLE FEATURE TO IMPLEMENT INTO THE SOFTWARE OF THIS APP - THIS FEATURE IS SEVERELY LACKING ON THE IPAD

488 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Live updates

Have pages refresh continuously / live updates, to see the changes that co-workers make without having to refresh the page manually. This is supported in the W10 version, but on the iPad it is not, and makes it impossible to make shared notes, as you cannot see if your co-worker made or changed them.

Thanks!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. highlight text mode with apple pencil

It would be nice to have a mode where the Apple Pencil could easily highlight typed text. As of now, I have to long press with the Apple Pencil on text, choose "select" or "select all", drag the select handles to where I want, then tap the highlight option, then select the yellow color (or other color). Ideally I could activate highlight mode, then drag the pencil across any text and have it highlight in real time.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Handwriting recognition and OCR

Can you confirm that Onenote is capable or scanning handwritten notes and converting them to searchable text? If so, how do I access this?

Also can it scan pdf images for text and OCR what it finds? If so, can I control that or does it happen in the background?

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Integrate sticky notes

Just what was done for Android.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sticky Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Go directly to hyperlinks to other pages/sectioms without pressing “open hyperlink”

It is really annoying that I need to click TWO times every time I click on a hyperlink to another page or section that i have created.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Start reading the feedback and act on it

It does not seem like Microsoft really uses this feedback. Remember that a fraction of users really give feedback - most just change program or lives with the software unhappey. E.g. international users (yes there are people outside the US) cannot write correctly in OneNote due to autocapitalizaion of sentences and "I". https://onenote.uservoice.com/forums/327180-onenote-for-ipad-iphone/suggestions/13623291-option-to-disable-autocorrect?page=2&per_page=20

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

OneNote for iPad & iPhone

Feedback and Knowledge Base