OneNote for iPad & iPhone

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site. Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.

1. Enable Scribble for iPadOS 14

Scribble is now native to the OS.

It's exceptionally well done.

Please enable it in OneNote.

Thanks!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Implement PencilKit for Low Latency Hand Writing on iOS 13

At WWDC, Apple stated that apps who implement handwriting using PencilKit (https://developer.apple.com/documentation/pencilkit) on iOS 13 will see substantial latency improvements.

161 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Turn off dark mode in just the app

I should have the ability to run OneNote in light mode without having to switch the entire iPad out of dark mode. The individual apps themselves should have a toggle for light and dark mode independent of the rest of the OS. I don’t like writing on negative space, and switching the whole iPad to light mode to accommodate for this one app is hindering my overall experience

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you everyone for the feedback so far, we really do appreciate it. We wanted to understand this a little better.

Could we please share some additional comments of things we were trying that it would have helped to have such a setting or toggle?

Additionally, we did want to share that on iPad if you go to “View” > “Switch Background”, you will be able to make the canvas/page be in light mode. On iPhone, if you’re on a page at the top right, tap on the “…” menu > “Switch Background”.

Looking forward to hearing back, thank you!

4. Add back ink to text !

There is no longer an option to convert ink to text.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Improved handwriting

The writing/annotating feature in OneNote for iPad is not nearly as good as it is in Notability. If Microsoft wants to capture more of the note-taking market, they should improve OneNote's annotating feature. Particularly how smooth it is, what it looks like and how quickly it syncs with other versions of the application.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. please add OneNote widget for iOS 14

with the new iOS that allows home screen widgets it would be great to have 3 sizes of widgets for OneNote. One example I could see if seeing a TODO list in a widget.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Text selection with Mouse / Trackpad on iPad

Try using the iPad Pro 2019/2020 with a mouse or with the magic keyboard and OneNote. OneNote isn't yet optimized for the new padOS accessibility features. In general, I want to use OneNote with a keyboard and mouse and have it behave like in Windows, when working with text.

Some examples:
    * In text mode, clicking on typed text with the trackpad/mouse, the cursor is not placed at the exact location clicked. It is rather placed before the word or at the end of the word that was clicked.
    * Try to select a passage of text in text mode,…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. thickness

An option to turn off or on the pressure sensitivity when writing. I find that depending on how I hold the apple pencil and the pressure I exert on the ipad will change the thickness of the line. It makes writing in different thicknesses very annoying as the thickness varies. You get an inconsistent and unprofessional look unless you take extra time to write everything with the same pressure and angle.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Dark Mode & OneNote Inking

Our students are 1:1 with iPads and our teachers use Surface Pros (6 & 7). When students use dark mode on the iPad and ink in a OneNote Class Notebook, the inking is not showing up for teachers when they review student work. However, if teachers switch to dark mode on OneNote Windows 10, the student work appears.

We're currently going to tell our students to not use dark mode when working in the OneNote iOS app, but it would be ideal if teachers could view the work regardless of whether or not students used dark mode to complete their…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow better PDF annotation/navigation

Allow for easier scrolling through and navigation of PDFs by allowing us to enter page numbers and scroll to that page of the pdf. Goodnotes has a feature that outlines the pdf so you can easily go to the section of the pdf that you want to. Would be really useful for large PDFs of textbooks.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Solve handwritten Mathequations as i can do on the Web Version of OneNote

In the web Version of OneNote is this „math“ Feature were you can circle/mark handwritten math-equations and they are solved directly in OneNote.

I would like to be able to do that on my iPad. It is such a convenient feature for quick or even langer calculations.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Convert handwriting by Apple Pencil to typing text

For English and traditional Chinese

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. It should be the feature of splitting pages and sheets and setting an A4 size or letter or legal

It should be the feature of splitting pages and sheets and setting an A4 size or letter or legal

74 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sticky Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Bring back « E-mail Page »

Bring back the "e-mail page" feature as it was in previous versions of o note. It was much more convenient and easy to use.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please Prevent Copied Ink from Pasting as Picture instead of Ink on iPad iOS 13

Please Prevent Copied Ink from Pasting as Picture instead of Ink on iPad iOS 13.

Copying and pasting ink worked fine before iOS 13. Unclear why this capability got dropped.

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Create Sticky Note from the widget

Now that Sticky Note is supported on iPad and iPhone, it should support creating new Sticky Note right from the iOS widget. Sticky Notes are for making quick notes — what better and faster way to do it than from the widget itself

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Sticky Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow rearranging multiple pages at once

In OneNote 2016 (and presumably OneNote for Windows 10), I can hold select multiple pages at once (using the Ctrl or Shift keys) and move them up and down within the section (while maintaining the existing hierarchy of subpages). I’d love to have this function in OneNote on my iPhone as well!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. How about a page size option.

How about a page size option. It’s crazy trying to print out hand written notes. At least allow for an a4 guide so we can keep our notes to a page size .

713 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Print an entire Norebook.

I’d like to be able to archive my entire Notebook when I’m done with it either by printing it or saving it locally on my computer. I don’t want to rely on MS to store my work!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

OneNote for iPad & iPhone

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base