OneNote for iPad & iPhone

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site. Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.

1. ios collapsible paragraphs

Hey,
    can you please add collapsible paragraps to the iPhone version of oneNote. It is essential for working with notes. It exists on desktop and android versions, but not on iPhone.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Searchable Handwriting in OneNote

Please add "treat ink as handwriting" for OneNote for iPad and Mac so handwriting can be searchable. OneNote is worthless without it!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Hyperlink to a different page in OneNote for iPad

Link to different page (hyperlink) in OneNote for iPad

86 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Create Sticky Note from the widget

Now that Sticky Note is supported on iPad and iPhone, it should support creating new Sticky Note right from the iOS widget. Sticky Notes are for making quick notes — what better and faster way to do it than from the widget itself

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Sticky Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Print an entire Norebook.

I’d like to be able to archive my entire Notebook when I’m done with it either by printing it or saving it locally on my computer. I don’t want to rely on MS to store my work!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Solve handwritten Mathequations as i can do on the Web Version of OneNote

In the web Version of OneNote is this „math“ Feature were you can circle/mark handwritten math-equations and they are solved directly in OneNote.

I would like to be able to do that on my iPad. It is such a convenient feature for quick or even langer calculations.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. The iPad and PC onenote options are not the same on the iPhone onenote app.

I want more options available on the iPhone such as bullets in lieu of only check-boxes. More options needed for the iPhone app!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Two tap

Undo with 2 Finger tap in pencil Mode. 3 Finger tap to redo.
    Also the Option to use the Lineal / ruler.
    Additionaly the very left Side of the „Paper“ is Not usable. Writing there leads to no text or spilt letters.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. allow for better zoom

Increase maximum zoom. This will allow me to write better because sometime I need to zoom in more but the program does not allow me to so i have to pick a thicker pen.

It should be simple to implement. Goodnotes lets me zoom more and it allows my handwriting to be extremely neat. But i like Onenote more so please implement it.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. paper size options

I wish I could choose page sizes like A4. Infinite note is great but sometimes it’s confusing. I use onenote on a laptop, a smartphone and an ipad and 100% scale is different on each devises. when I edit something on the laptop it’s wide and on the smartphone it’s narrow with 100%. I need universal size.

380 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Support for iOS Shortcuts app

Several journaling apps like Bear and Day One support note creation through the new iOS shortcuts app. Would love to see OneNote support this feature too, with actions like adding a new note, inserting content (text, pictures...) into an existing page, etc.

119 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Zoom out more

It'd be very useful to me if we could zoom out more than we can now,so that you can see everything in your paper.

It comes handy when you have to select a lot of things that are all over your paperat once, to move them or something else.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Enable hand written sticky notes in OneNote and make these visible in the iPad new widget area

The sticky notes in OneNote are a great idea, it would be great if they can be hand written instead of typed only.

When a sticky note is created, it would be great if you see it all the time. With the new Widget bar on the iPad home screen this should be possible, keep marked/important sticky notes permanent visible there (just like a real sticky note on the side of your screen).

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sticky Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. eye dropper tool

an eye dropper tool so we can select colours from notes, pictures etc.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Rule

Please, the incorporation of the ruler tool in the iPad app would be very helpful to make straight lines!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. There simply needs to be a posibility to change the size of the eraser in one note for ipad! This is a must

Im trying to sketch out some ideas inside one note and the lack of eraser functionality feels stupid. Yes its good to be able to erase only parts of a line (thanks for adding that functionality!) but with an eraser head stuck in one size, it becomes a problem when drawing small stuff (which im currently doing).

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Prevent users from using the "Send to OneNote" add-in from copying data from a corporate account email account to a personal OneNote account

The "Send to OneNote" add-in is enabled/disabled though the users' Exchange mailbox, users of Office 365 enterprise accounts can see their Exchange add-ins by going to https://outlook.office.com/owa/?path=/options/manageapps. When the OneNote add-in is added to a user's Exchange account the button shows up in Outlook on the desktop, Outlook mobile (Android & iOS), and Outlook on the web. Users' can access the "Send to OneNote" functionality on mobile by opening an email, clicking on the vertical ellipses on the e-mail, then clicking the "Send to OneNote" button. If the user has never logged into the OneNote add-in they will be…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. scribble and widget for ipad os 14

Make a better widget than existing one. As new ipad os 14 comed with awasome widget support .. it's time for OneNote to make a widget and get most out of it.

1. Allow directly take notes (handwritten/ type) in widget insted and of taking me to app and than start writing which is a lot time more time consuming process and it make existing widget use less.

2. For hand writting give a space like a blank board in widget who can force/motivate us to write down on it like stick note or new note so we can just input data…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Open SharePoint Mobile App instead of Browser when clicking Sharepoint link in OneNote for Mobile

Open SharePoint Mobile App instead of Browser when clicking Sharepoint link in OneNote for Mobile

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Sticky Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

OneNote for iPad & iPhone

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base