OneNote for iPad & iPhone

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site. Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.

1. Page Size Option across all the platform please!!!

Page Size Option across all the platform please!!!

88 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. ios collapsible paragraphs

Hey,
    can you please add collapsible paragraps to the iPhone version of oneNote. It is essential for working with notes. It exists on desktop and android versions, but not on iPhone.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Lasso and change ink stroke and color

It would be incredibly nice if I could lasso something that's already written and change the ink stroke or color. That would save me a TON of time when I realize that I want my ink in another color!

134 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Change color of handwritten notes without erasing and rewriting

It would be so helpful if there was a feature that allowed users to lasso select a portion of handwritten notes and change the ink color instead of having to erase and rewrite them in the desired color.

121 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. It must be very useful if we can record voice while drawing or sketching in iPad. Would you mind develop this sector as well.

It must be very useful if we can record voice while drawing or sketching in iPad. Would you mind develop this sector as well.

227 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Issue with uploading PDF plans in One note on an iPad

Since the beginning of September, when I upload PDF plans that are in landscape orientation (All Architectural plans are landscape) it uploads in Portrait orientation and chops off about 1/3 of the plan. This worked perfectly for the past 2-1/2 years, then a month ago stopped working properly.
    PLEASE fix this issue. I use One Note on my iPad every day of my life and this issue is really painful. I have been in touch with Prateek in support many times. Please email me for further explanation if needed.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Check-Lists: Enable a mirroring function allowing a master check list on one page to reflect check lists from multiple pages.

Provide option to check-off on master list on summary page or project owner's page, or option to check off on other pages that own sub-tasks or sub-categories, while keeping both sets of check-lists updated real-time.
    Consider check list can change color based on project 25%, 50%, 75% complete and/or closes its-self off when sub-category is complete, or link a status bar to check list to change color as an indicator.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. OneNote for iPad ink algorithms are not optimal. There is a visible lag during inking even on the Pro tablet. Need new engine.

Comparing OneNote to other platform specific note taking apps one can see trailer away that inking feels very different in OneNote. Almost all other areas are superior in OneNote, but it feels laggy when inking making users look for alternatives. Please take a closer look at your inking engine on iPad.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sticky Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Sticky Note Colour

Allow any colour to be assigned to Sticky Notes

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Default Page Template

Please bring back the feature of setting default page templates so that when you press "+ page" some level of settings you decide is already applied.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Link drawing to text

I like to take my notes mostly as typed text because it looks cleaner, but occasionally I need to add hand-drawn figures. If I try to move the text, I also need to move the figure to match. It would be more convenient if I could link the image to the block of text so that when I move the text they move together.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Support Three Finger "Undo" and "Redo"

This works in some apps but leads to scrolling in OneNote

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Please let me record lectures while taking notes on iPad Pro

Please let me record lectures while taking notes on my iPad Pro. I would rather use oneNote than notability but notability lets me record lectures while taking notes so I have to use that app.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Enable hand written sticky notes in OneNote and make these visible in the iPad new widget area

The sticky notes in OneNote are a great idea, it would be great if they can be hand written instead of typed only.

When a sticky note is created, it would be great if you see it all the time. With the new Widget bar on the iPad home screen this should be possible, keep marked/important sticky notes permanent visible there (just like a real sticky note on the side of your screen).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I'd like the custom tags from my desktop to sync to my iPad. Or at least be able to customize the tags in iPad to match my desktop.

I'd like the custom tags from my desktop to sync to my iPad. Or at least be able to customize the tags in iPad to match my desktop.

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Treat PDFs as PDFs

When selecting the printout option, pdfs are treated as background images. It would be great if I could annotate on them, instead of just writtng over an image

293 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. highlight text mode with apple pencil

It would be nice to have a mode where the Apple Pencil could easily highlight typed text. As of now, I have to long press with the Apple Pencil on text, choose "select" or "select all", drag the select handles to where I want, then tap the highlight option, then select the yellow color (or other color). Ideally I could activate highlight mode, then drag the pencil across any text and have it highlight in real time.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Sync hand writing notes with audio recording.

I have used Onenote on the surface pro 4 and loved it. But the experience on the Ipad Pro is lacking a major feature: audio recording while taking notes + sync playback with the note taking. When you start the audio record in Onenote on the Ipad you can’t do anything else... Is there something I’m missing? If not, Microsoft please address this! Otherwise this is a great app and I love being able to move from the Ipad to my Pc and find all of my notes.
    Martin

120 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

OneNote for iPad & iPhone

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base