OneNote for iPad & iPhone

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site. Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.

1. 549 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

41 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please add “Ink to Text” to OneNote for iPad!

Please add “Ink to Text” to the mobile version of OneNote for iPad! As an Office 365 subscriber, that’s the one and only reason I would ever use this app. People take handwritten notes on Tablets – not on desktop computers. Having the option to convert handwriting to text only on your desktop version and not on the mobile version makes no sense.

145 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please provide full Onenote features on ipad pro 2019 as per desktop version

Why deprive premium device users the ability to use premium software features such as handwritten notes to text? This was one of the key reasons for this purchase and pen included. The ipad's portability and handwriting features allow users to take it on the field, instead of a laptop.

124 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Upgrade the apple pencil experience.

I love everything about OneNote for iPad except for the main thing that I use it for, which is the apple pencil. PLEASE look at apps like Notability and recognize that the handwriting/drawing experience is so much more enjoyable/precise/better looking than OneNote. The OneNote handwriting is so clunky and handwriting looks so sloppy with the current pencil options.This should be such an easy thing to fix, please for everyone, do it!!!

346 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Multitasking Support for multiple OneNote or even Split Screen for multiple notebooks/pages

We should be able to open multiple OneNote windows and have them run side by side using iOS multitasking. This would be a really nice feature since you can open multiple pages/notebooks/sections/etc at one time on any PC or Mac but not being able to do this really limits the functionality. Even being able to have a split screen option to have two separate pages open at one time would be immensely helpful.

203 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add support for mouse / trackpad on iPad os 13.4

With the new magic keyboard for the iPad Pro and the added support for a mouse/trackpad along with. Implement the full mouse/trackpad support to OneNote for editing text, selecting text, placing the cursor mid word.

Update OneNote to support the full support for these devices that was added to iPad OS.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. scribble and widget for ipad os 14

Make a better widget than existing one. As new ipad os 14 comed with awasome widget support .. it's time for OneNote to make a widget and get most out of it.

1. Allow directly take notes (handwritten/ type) in widget insted and of taking me to app and than start writing which is a lot time more time consuming process and it make existing widget use less.

2. For hand writting give a space like a blank board in widget who can force/motivate us to write down on it like stick note or new note so we can just input data…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please allow OneNote app on iPad Pro to allow audio recording while writing/typing!

OneNote users have asked for this feature many times in many different ways. We know it's available on the desktop platform. We want it on the iOS platform too.

Basically its the ability to simultaneously audio record AND write/type on the OneNote app.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add in handwritten notes to text please

I would like to be able to convert my handwritten notes to text in OneNote using the 2018 iPad Pro.

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Implement PencilKit for Low Latency Hand Writing on iOS 13

At WWDC, Apple stated that apps who implement handwriting using PencilKit (https://developer.apple.com/documentation/pencilkit) on iOS 13 will see substantial latency improvements.

135 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. dictation

Speech to text dictation in OneNote app on iPhone. At the moment when dictating in OneNote on the iPhone it creates an audio file, yet on the PC it translates speech into text. This would be a much appreciated feature.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Turn off dark mode in just the app

I should have the ability to run OneNote in light mode without having to switch the entire iPad out of dark mode. The individual apps themselves should have a toggle for light and dark mode independent of the rest of the OS. I don’t like writing on negative space, and switching the whole iPad to light mode to accommodate for this one app is hindering my overall experience

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you everyone for the feedback so far, we really do appreciate it. We wanted to understand this a little better.

Could we please share some additional comments of things we were trying that it would have helped to have such a setting or toggle?

Additionally, we did want to share that on iPad if you go to “View” > “Switch Background”, you will be able to make the canvas/page be in light mode. On iPhone, if you’re on a page at the top right, tap on the “…” menu > “Switch Background”.

Looking forward to hearing back, thank you!

13. Add the lineal/ruler tool.

I cannot use OneNote as a functioning tool for my classes as a maths teacher without the ruler tool.

Please also add the "maths" functions from the desktop app to the iPad app.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Text selection with Mouse / Trackpad on iPad

Try using the iPad Pro 2019/2020 with a mouse or with the magic keyboard and OneNote. OneNote isn't yet optimized for the new padOS accessibility features. In general, I want to use OneNote with a keyboard and mouse and have it behave like in Windows, when working with text.

Some examples:
    * In text mode, clicking on typed text with the trackpad/mouse, the cursor is not placed at the exact location clicked. It is rather placed before the word or at the end of the word that was clicked.
    * Try to select a passage of text in text mode,…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Please Prevent Copied Ink from Pasting as Picture instead of Ink on iPad iOS 13

Please Prevent Copied Ink from Pasting as Picture instead of Ink on iPad iOS 13.

Copying and pasting ink worked fine before iOS 13. Unclear why this capability got dropped.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Content Collapsing in OneNote for iPad

In Onenote, the key missing feature on the iPad is the inability to collapse/expand content sections within my outlines. At my desk I can quickly focus right in on the section I need, and/or show/hide content I may not want others to see, with the simple double click of the mouse but when I'm on my iPad I lose this fantastic functionality.

PLEASE update the app to enable the collapse/expand functionality

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. It should be the feature of splitting pages and sheets and setting an A4 size or letter or legal

It should be the feature of splitting pages and sheets and setting an A4 size or letter or legal

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sticky Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. How about a page size option.

How about a page size option. It’s crazy trying to print out hand written notes. At least allow for an a4 guide so we can keep our notes to a page size .

669 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Please support pressure sensitivity and "Pencil" for Apple Pencil

It's obvious that Apple Pencil is pressure sensitive. When I'm writing with Surface Pen, the things written look natural, but on iPad, it doesn't. This makes me want to give up using OneNote cause the inequality of the experience across the platforms.

Also, there are only pen and highlighter in the iOS version, but the Windows version has an additional pencil option. Things written in pencil are displayed as pen on iOS.

406 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Searchable Handwriting in OneNote

Please add "treat ink as handwriting" for OneNote for iPad and Mac so handwriting can be searchable. OneNote is worthless without it!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 78 79
  • Don't see your idea?

OneNote for iPad & iPhone

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base