How can we improve OneNote for iPad & iPhone?

Support for double tap on Apple Pencil 2

Enable switching between pens using the double tap feature on Apple Pencil 2 with the option to customise what pen/highlighter/eraser will be selected with a tap.

365 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Chris Vaughan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

35 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, but in a completely useless way. I want to switch to the eraser and back using double tap. It now only opens the menue. What's the point? I can achieve that by clicking the down arrow.

double tap is confirmed working. Is there a way to close this vote since it is implemented?

• Denis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Does it work in iPad 2018 with the Apple Pencil 2 now? Because I cannot find anything there and double tap is not working yet (or I'm to stupid to change the appropriate Settings).

• James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! I have also just noticed that the double tap feature on the Apple Pencil is working in OneNote now. I really appreciate this update, it makes a big difference. Thanks

• Larry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As of today, double tap on Apple Pencil 2 now works in OneNote on iPad Pro!!

I see some comments that it was added, but I only see it within Word and Excel - it still does not work in OneNote. I would have thought that would be the first place they would turn it on - I can't believe the implementation of how the software interacts with the Apple Pen are that different.

• Stephan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah!!! I noticed today, that the Insider-Version has enabled it right now.

Thank you very much!

There was a recent update that enabled the pencil 2 double-tap functionality in MS Word, but it is still missing in OneNote. What gives?

• Hobie Henning commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, please, please. I can't go back to using OneNote until it has this feature. I'm too addicted to using in Apple notes now.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base