How can we improve OneNote for iPad & iPhone?

Support for double tap on Apple Pencil 2

Enable switching between pens using the double tap feature on Apple Pencil 2 with the option to customise what pen/highlighter/eraser will be selected with a tap.

332 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Chris Vaughan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

26 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Larry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As of today, double tap on Apple Pencil 2 now works in OneNote on iPad Pro!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see some comments that it was added, but I only see it within Word and Excel - it still does not work in OneNote. I would have thought that would be the first place they would turn it on - I can't believe the implementation of how the software interacts with the Apple Pen are that different.

• Stephan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah!!! I noticed today, that the Insider-Version has enabled it right now.

Thank you very much!

There was a recent update that enabled the pencil 2 double-tap functionality in MS Word, but it is still missing in OneNote. What gives?

• Hobie Henning commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, please, please. I can't go back to using OneNote until it has this feature. I'm too addicted to using in Apple notes now.

Another update rolled out this morning and this feature is still NOT available. What are ya'll doing out there? This is absurd... Time to switch to Notability.

• Brad Revell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've seen a few comments and think some are a little harsh. That said, from what I have read this is a simple iOS API and in theory should be an easy addition into the OneNote ecosystem. Agree that some of the competing notes applications have already included this feature into their software. Hoping MS can accelerate the addition of this feature. Voting in my opinion for this is a little backwards as it should be inherent. Anyway, my perspective :)

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base