How can we improve OneNote for iPad & iPhone?

Sync hand writing notes with audio recording on iPad

I have used Onenote on the surface pro 4 and loved it. But the experience on the Ipad Pro is lacking a major feature: audio recording while taking notes + sync playback with the note taking. When you start the audio record in Onenote on the Ipad you can’t do anything else... Is there something I’m missing? If not, Microsoft please address this! Otherwise this is a great app and I love being able to move from the Ipad to my Pc and find all of my notes.
Martin

126 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That's a really needed feature ! I always have to do it in notability . Then i import things from there to only have in onenote too because i think this is a best app for desktop mode. So i have to choose notability only for this feature , it would be great to have it here too , even in a premium version.

So microsoft team you should think about this , as you should for changing colors to an already handwritten text.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature would give OneNote a great advantage over other note taking apps. I prefer many OneNote features over other note app features, but the absence of linked audio is really what's preventing me from using OneNote as my main note taking app. I know that this is true for my peers as well, as I am a college student who finds it helpful to record audio and write. Additionally, this would make OneNote an alternative to expensive pens that do the same thing, which was recommended to me when I was first diagnosed with ADHD. I feel that this is a market that OneNote can definitely tap.

• Cj Barrios commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also agree, this is a much needed feature because I would like to click on a particular text and it will go to the specific part of a lecture I am listening to. Please add this feature for ipad/iphones.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please Microsoft, will you implement this audio sync feature on the iPad too?

I have a Surface Pro and an iPad and they are both good for different scenarios but this audio sync feature is needed on both. I am really reluctant to use another note program to do this.

Many thanks!
        (P.S. just starting masters studies and this would mean more users among my peers using onenote)

Many thanks

Feedback and Knowledge Base