How can we improve OneNote for iPad & iPhone?

Being able to convert handwritten text on iPad OneNote to text

Being able to convert handwritten text on iPad OneNote to text. It seems to be available on PC tablet/hybrid version, why not iPad? Would be even better now with apple pencil of course!

739 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Robin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

42 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Lise Arnett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another update and this ability is still not available in onenote IOS. Please add to your product

• Rich Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While this would be nice to see, I'm sure the objective is to steer people toward the MS Surface and/or the paid versions of Office

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is badly needed in the iPad version of OneNote, which is otherwise a great product.

• Alexandria Gruendl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's incredibly disappointing that this is not a feature yet. It's making me disinclined to continue using this iPad or OneNote at all.

• Tracee Burnsteel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is *so* needed. I'm having to write my notes in Nebo and paste them in. For some reason I'm not even able to convert ink to text when I sync back to a desktop file as some suggest here.

• Alex Hauge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is this not a feature of OneNote for iPad? Super disappointed as this is pretty standard in other versions of OneNote.

Super disappointed that this feature doesn;t work. I've just purchased an ipad and stylus and now can't take notes as planned. Reading through the notes it seems this features has been missing for some time. Is Microsoft listening to its users??

• Steve Dimitriadis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Without this feature this renders one note for ios pretty useless. For now I use notability app to write in and them convert it there and copy the text back into my onenote. This shouldnt be especially when the button and functionality is supposedly there in one note.

Please add ink to text for iPad Pro, it sure would be helpful. I only have the option of taking notes in classes, then it would be helpful to turn to text afterwards.

• Toni commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is a NoGo for an iPad/OneNote combined use to have no chance to use ink2text!

• Fulya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

why is there no ink to text option on OneNote for iPad? I am considering to move to a different application because of this

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base