How can we improve OneNote for iPad & iPhone?

Sweet baby Jesus, PLEASE give us iOS functionality to draw straight lines that snap to the grid.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, ability to draw straight lines and other shapes that snap to the grid. It's the only reason why I still line noteability. Help a poor student out.

397 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Lubomir Fiala commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well, I personally don't need it since I'm architect. So please let this function as optional feature, because it can kill the ability to sketch :)
    Before this will be done, I have a hack for you: lay your little finger on the edge of iPad and use it as guide to make better lines :)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would improve OneNote soooo sooo much. Please make this a feature!!!!!

• etwasanderes2 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you draw an arrow it converts it to a line (if it recognises it [rare]).
    This is not ideal for percise lines (or easy to use).
    Things I'd like to see:

- snapping to grid / hoizontal/verical lines / other drawn lines (?) / text (?)
    - being able to easiely disable snapping (with an emphasis on easily)
    - adjustable start / stop points after drawing (same with moving the enire thing at once)
    - different line styles

Biggest post about this (that I know of):
    https://onenote.uservoice.com/forums/327180-onenote-for-ipad-iphone/suggestions/10926294-on-screen-ruler

• Brady commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ONLY reason I use notability is because I can quickly begin a line then hold it and it auto shapes to a straight line that snaps to the closest node. I WOULD BUY so much extra one note storage if i could make these straight lines with ease and they snapped .. PLEASE give us this feature

• dgirard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes, all my squares are cockeyed....give an option for them to snap to a grid!

Feedback and Knowledge Base