How can we improve OneNote for iPad & iPhone?

STRAIGHT LINE FEATURE

Please would you allow us to draw straight lines - just as you would in notability (your competitor) - DRAWING STRAIGHT LINES IS ESSENTIAL AND IS SUCH A SIMPLE FEATURE TO IMPLEMENT INTO THE SOFTWARE OF THIS APP - THIS FEATURE IS SEVERELY LACKING ON THE IPAD

477 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

33 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can already, click "Ink to Shape", then try draw a shape of an arrow.
    This page needs some serious admin cleaning up all the features that already exist

The ruler is already in PowerPoint for iOS, where you don’t really need it, why is it not in OneNote....?

The drawing an arrow head on a jagged line sucks. Please implement a real line and shape tool.

As a workaround, use a drawing package (I used picPick as it's really easy to use) then create a line (or whatever shape you want) in the package (rotating if necessary) then copy and paste this into its own object/text box in OneNote, which you can then move around and place wherever you want. Not perfect I know but it's better than nothing!!!

• etwasanderes2 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you draw an arrow it converts it to a line (if it recognises it [rare]).
    This is not ideal for percise lines (or easy to use).
    Things I'd like to see:

- snapping to grid / hoizontal/verical lines / other drawn lines (?) / text (?)
    - being able to easiely disable snapping (with an emphasis on easily)
    - adjustable start / stop points after drawing (same with moving the enire thing at once)
    - different line styles

Biggest post about this (that I know of):
    https://onenote.uservoice.com/forums/327180-onenote-for-ipad-iphone/suggestions/10926294-on-screen-ruler

• JC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see such a feature. It would allow me to draw diagrams and hand written tables and charts.

• N commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is an essential feature which unfortunately doesn't exist in Onenote, IOS Version- Please find a way to make it possible

• Lukas Hauser commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please!!! Give us that Feature. I miss it so much. For example when I want to draw a coordinate diagram on the iPad.

• Vineet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The feature to draw straight line is already there...enable shape recognition, draw a line, immediately make a small arrow at the end of the line and it will convert into a straight line

• Yossi M Olaya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree but the underlying issue is that Onenote for ipad is seriously lacking on features that already exist in the desktop apps.

• Mat Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lol, if you want to switch to another app on the basis of this one, then OneNote probably isn’t for you! I agree it would be an excellent addition. But to throw your hands up in despair... get over it!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base