How can we improve OneNote for iPad & iPhone?

iOS 11 Full Drag and Drop Compatibility

Gives OneNote (and hopefully any other Office365 applications) the ability to drag and drop files, images, and text from other apps on iOS 11 for the iPad.

524 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Derod Deal shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

44 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Steve Connelly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

iOS 12.1 - cannot drag and drop files from OneDrive to Onenote. Only .jpeg works. NOT PDF/Word/Excel

• wattabrownsound commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I tried it out on an iPad Pro. Can’t seem to drag and drop a URL from the Apple Safari app into the OneNote app. Anyone else run into this problem?

• Mays commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Current Release Notes

What's New
    Version History
    Dec 10, 2018 Version 16.20
    * Drag and drop: Easily drag and drop content into and out of OneNote and between other apps.

Thanks for using OneNote! We listened to your feedback and updated the application with optimizations to help improve your note taking experience.

Having trouble? Send feedback in the app (OneNote->Settings->Send Feedback)
    Have an idea? Add to our feature suggestion box at https://aka.ms/onenote-ios-suggest

However, this does not work. I can drag contents from other Microsoft apps but no third party apps. And I can only drag content from MS apps into Onenote, you still cannot drag content out of Onenote.

• Abhinav commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes I agree. One note seems to be doing everything else fine. This drag drop feature will add to the experience by taking away one more barrier towards seemless integration.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

First they remove the wrap around interface that worked so well and went with layers that are a pain in the backside. Drag and drop for ios would complete the usability of an excellent app. In my opinion, apart from Excel, OneNote is the best tool Microsoft has come up with but, being Microsoft, they are almost there but not quite. It's maddening. I may go back to Evernote.

Will OneNote get this iOS 11 feature before iOS 12 is released?
    Even if they do eventually introduce this feature OneNote has built a reputation for not being a leader or at the forefront when it comes to being fully optimized when the newest iOS version is released.

• George commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please Microsoft add the drag&drop feature, it would be perfect.

• Hfds commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The lack of this feature prevents it from becoming my primary notes taking app, it’s that simple.

I agree. Both Notability and Goodnotes offer drag and drop, I might have to switch over.

This is a crucial feature. I really like onenote but without the drag and drop I might have to consider other options.

• Ignacio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Several updates of Onenote for iPad have been made since iOS 11 was launched and this key feature has not been incorporated yet to Onenote.

Is is a real shame because otherwise, setting apart some sync issues, Onenote works beautifully on the iPad Pro.

• Mich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Amen, also make use of other app's features - like drop center.

Without this feature and inline drawing Microsoft OneNote is still not optimized for iOS 11.
    Does anyone else feel like you’re using an iOS 10 version of the app because certain iOS 11 features are still missing?

• Ken commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must have. Why is this core iOS 11 functionality taking so long to implement? iOS 11 was released by Apple over 6 months ago.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base