OneNote for iPad & iPhone

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.
We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site. Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.

1. Support for double tap on Apple Pencil 2

Enable switching between pens using the double tap feature on Apple Pencil 2 with the option to customise what pen/highlighter/eraser will be selected with a tap.

528 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

76 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Set Picture as Background on OneNote for iPad

I am using OneNote on my iPad to make notes on top of a PDF file that was shared (imported) from another app as a printout. The import process basically converts the PDF as an image , which can be moved and/or resized on the OneNote page. This works great, except that any notes written on top of the page do not remain in position on top of the PDF image when the page when moved or resized.

When editing the same OneNote page in the Windows 10 version, there is a right-click menu option to to set a picture…

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please let us insert shapes!!!!!

I want to use shapes with the apple pencil like I do it on the PC Version!!

76 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. STRAIGHT LINE FEATURE

Please would you allow us to draw straight lines - just as you would in notability (your competitor) - DRAWING STRAIGHT LINES IS ESSENTIAL AND IS SUCH A SIMPLE FEATURE TO IMPLEMENT INTO THE SOFTWARE OF THIS APP - THIS FEATURE IS SEVERELY LACKING ON THE IPAD

896 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

72 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Shake to undo has stopped working in OneNote on my iPhone.

Shake to undo has stopped working in OneNote 16.15 (180702) on my iPhone 6 Plus running iOS 11.4.1.

Shake to undo is enabled in my iOS settings and works in other apps on the device. It used to work OK in OneNote on my iPhone.

Is this a bug or was it removed? I'd actually appreciate a proper undo button in the app anyway. Thanks.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add the “Insert or Remove Extra Space” feature that is available on the windows version

Add the “Insert or Remove Extra Space” feature that is available on the windows version

I like to insert my PowerPoints for lecture but I need more space in between the slides

126 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 357 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Shake to undo

The shake to undo feature is no longing available. Can you return the feature during the next update?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Move page to other notebook

Currently we can move pages between sections. I would however like to be able to move a page to a different notebook.

Usecase: I have a generic "Inbox" notebook and move/sort my notes to project related notebooks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Draw and pen input on OneNote for iPhone

Draw and pen input on OneNote for iPhone. Other Office apps for iPhone already have this feature. This omission is simply not logical.

150 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Broken Exact Search for OneNote V16.6 on iPad

Hello, I have been instructed by the technicians at answers.microsoft.com to post my issue here.

After OneNote was recently updated (Version that changed menu layout) my exact search function stopped working. If trying to search with quote marks, search results returned are exactly what is typed, including the quote marks. I have followed the below techniques and the problem has to resolved. Reinstalling has not helped. Search function for this same account works fine for both desktop version of OneNote and IPhone version.

The version of OneNote I am currently runnin it V16.6
    IOS version is 11.0

1) Issue was…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I just ran across this posting. I’m sorry that you were given the wrong instructions. This site is for feature suggestions only, not for bugs. They were wrong to send you away from the Answers forum (answers.microsoft.com) as that is exactly where you are to go with questions about bugs. This has been corrected.

As for your bug, is search now working?

12. Immersive reader

Please add Immersive Reader to the iPad app. iPads are vert prevalent in schools so this would be really helpful in supporting our pupils in their learning.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Dark Theme

A Dark theme/Night Mode would allow the user to rest his eyes while reading or writing, during night or day.
    A black background with light grey font would help everyone during the long-time periods of usage of OneNote.

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Select and change ink color on iPad

Please add the ability to select and change ink color on iPad

Add gold and gel colors too

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ruler to draw lines

I use onenote efficiently and I can say even I do not use a notebook now. However, I need a ruler to draw a line or a table when I am handwriting. Do you not think this would be useful in general?

90 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Rearrange Notebooks

It would be useful to be able to rearrange Notebooks by being able to move them up or down

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the feedback. Everyone should be able to do this with the newest update. There’s an “Edit” button at the top right area of the notebook list, tap on that and easily move notebooks, sections, or pages up or down.

17. No longer erase on iPad Pro

Since Onenote on my iPad Pro 12.9 updated yesterday I can no longer erase anything that I have written or highlighted when erase button is pressed. What happens now is the option to create a rectangle to select objects. How can I make it so that the erase button actually erases again? Thank you.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Rename notebook or section

It would be really convenient to be able to rename a notebook or section while working directly in the app.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Insert space on OneNote for IPad

Hi there,

it would be great if I could add some space between different Paragraphs of my handwriting on the iPad.
    I was doing a bullet list and found out that I want to insert a topic between topics 3 and 4 ... So I did not find any "inser space" feature on the iPad... It is yet there in the PC application

111 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Select and move objects on the page

Ability to select objects such as text boxes, drawing shapes and tables and then be able to move them on the page. With the new shape ink feature you can make nice drawings, but without being able to move them around it is impossible to do anything other than very simple drawings.

101 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your suggestion and votes. As of version 15.20 you can now move outlines, images, objects, and handwriting anywhere on the page as well as resize and rotate images on iPad (iPad Air/Mini 2 and above) and iPhone (iPhone 5S and above). On iPad (iPad Air/Mini 2 and above), you can also resize outlines containing text.

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

OneNote for iPad & iPhone

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base