OneNote for iPad & iPhone

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site. Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.

1. Turn off dark mode in just the app

I should have the ability to run OneNote in light mode without having to switch the entire iPad out of dark mode. The individual apps themselves should have a toggle for light and dark mode independent of the rest of the OS. I don’t like writing on negative space, and switching the whole iPad to light mode to accommodate for this one app is hindering my overall experience

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you everyone for the feedback so far, we really do appreciate it. We wanted to understand this a little better.

Could we please share some additional comments of things we were trying that it would have helped to have such a setting or toggle?

Additionally, we did want to share that on iPad if you go to “View” > “Switch Background”, you will be able to make the canvas/page be in light mode. On iPhone, if you’re on a page at the top right, tap on the “…” menu > “Switch Background”.

Looking forward to hearing back, thank you!

• Don't see your idea?

OneNote for iPad & iPhone

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base