OneNote for iPad & iPhone

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site. Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.

1. 10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Back or Return Button

When following a link to another page within OneNote, I need to be able to return to the original page.

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Let's create a "Reading&Study mode"

It will be very useful for student to have a "Reading&Study mode" on the app. This new feature isn't yet implemented (you have to scroll, to zoom, ecc). My ideas is to have a standard view that allow to read notes, like an ebook. This feature is already implemented on MS Word 2013, but not in OneNote.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. One more request for Diary/Journaling features

With a great way to share directly to OneNote in iOS8 (not so great with Android) there is a potential for OneNote to be used in everyday life as a journal app (I have app "Day One" in mind).

Why?

We snap the pictures on smartphones like crazy, and feel very safe when they're backed up in OneDrive. Of course we share them in social media/instant messaging app of choice.
    But that's it.

Now, what if there was a fast and simple way to just drop favorite ones to OneNote from our smartphones just as I would post/IM them but…

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. drawing and moving items on iphone

i think it'd be cool to be able to draw and drag items on iphone since the screens have gone bigger now.

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Post-it plus (new app from 3M) type technology

There is a new app from 3M called post-it plus. It can easily discern individual stickies from a cluster. Having capability to import to a onenote notebook (Evernote has this) or having this capability in the app itself would be AWESOME and productive.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Standalone OneNote Quick Notes

Since OneNote takes a long time to boot creating a minimal Quick Notes app would make sense for people who are really in a hurry.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. AirPrint to OneNote

Have the OneNote app show up as an AirPrinter. Print directly into the OneNote app on iOS.

107 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. ability to set default page size in ios and android

Currently we can only change the page size in the windows version. It would be useful to be able to do the same, and change the default, in ios and android. I need to set page size to US letter for some documents and cannot do it if I don't have access to my Surface Pro 3.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add new page at the top of the section

When adding a new page inside a section, we should have the option to add in the top of bottom. Currently by default it adds in the bottom.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Sort the pages by Alphabetical order or by date.

With the new update, I able to move pages inside a Section, however it will be nice if we can sort the pages by Alphabetical order or by date. Please consider.

149 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Real-time Syncing and push-sync for iOS devices

Follow the pattern of similar services like iCloud or Pocket, syncing changes to the server immediately and then pushing them to mobile devices. When I enter changes in the Windows or Mac app and then open OneNote on my mobile device, the changes sometimes take more than a minute to sync. Ideally, you would open the mobile app and the changes will have already been pushed to that device.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ability to change font colour and change text highlight colour

Currently we have options to make text bold, underlined, italicised and indented, but essentially we still can't change the font colour or put background colour.

78 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Properly paginate PDF documents

When I email a page as a PDF document, all pages are in ONE page of a PDF document. To print this, all of the text becomes small and unreadable with multiple page documents. The pages should be 8.5 x 11 (or any other size) when the document is converted to PDF. It should not have ALL pages of a multiple page notebook/section as ONE page when emailed/converted to PDF.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make PDF "Annotations" more than just putting text over an image

Why can't I write on the PDF? All the annotation does it put a text box over an image of the PDF. If I move that text box I might forget what it was in reference to. Why can't I create a pointer to something in the document, much like what comments and review does in Word? That's what I think of when I think of annotating.

183 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. iOS: Better app integration

When in the likes of safari, when you've loaded a pdf and click 'Open In' you are given the option to open it in various apps, OneNote not being one of them. I'd like to be able to print PDFs (and other documents) to a page in OneNote. OneNote doesn't integrate with hardly any apps on iOS, and with the iOS 8 developer preview - which has new APIs allowing different apps to interact in more ways - available to developers, I'd like to have the ability to print to OneNote, send data to OneNote, etc. straight from my iPhone.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. iPhone: Ability to indent pages

The ability to indent pages (like you can do on OneNote for Windows) by touching the page of interest and sliding left or right, or by tapping and holding then being given a menu with the options.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Microsoft Mathematics capabilities to be built in (and equations displayed on iOS/Android apps)

Microsoft Mathematics is fantastic. It should be built into all versions, including the iOS version (including ink equation entry). At the very least, it should display equations written in windows on these apps.

367 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Within at least mobile apps, ability to insert GPS/lat/long coordinates

When taking notes, it would be great to be able to simply grab the phones positional data and plunk it right into a note or table

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Multi-shot camera instead of having to approve each photo individually.

The worst thing about all cloud services and most apps is that you can only take one picture at a time with camera. Each photo requires your approval before it is saved.

Add the ability to take multiple shots at one time. Evernote has this feature. I want to go exclusively with OneNote but it is still missing some key features that I need.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

OneNote for iPad & iPhone

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base