OneNote for iPad & iPhone

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site. Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.

1. Lazy file downloads

Since mobile devices are a bit short on storage to begin with, it would be great if you could not download the attachments until the user touches the attachment to download. This allows the size of the app data to remain small on devices and only provide users with a cache of attachments that they have previously opened.

The cache would need to have the option for users to clear it off their device without actually deleting the attachment from the note.

A nice additional feature would be providing users with the ability to optionally download all file attachments for…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make iPhone/mobile app responsive

1) go to One Note on mac
    2) lay out text
    NOTE: you can put it all over the page and move it around. Really cool metaphor. Unique.
    3) go to your note in mobile
    RESULT: lots cut off
    EXPECT: some way to reflow so that it's still usable in Mobile.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. call for help

hi。我有一個問題,關於onenote for ipad。我分別在一台iPad air2 和一台iPad mini2上安裝了此款軟件。最近兩天,我忽然發現mini2上的onenote無法登陸,一直循環提示輸入帳戶和密碼。奇怪的是,air2是正常的。兩台設備的操作系統版本一致。另外,我在app store的評論區裏看見了一樣的抱怨。這個異常狀況嚴重影響我的工作。希望儘快得到你們的幫助。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. OneNote的iOS应用实行文档扫描时闪退bug

您好,我是Microsoft Office系列的忠实用户,OneNote无论在移动设备还是在平板电脑上的表现都十分让人满意。但在iOS 7.04(cydia)上有个让人无法容忍的bug,有时使用OneNote进行拍照或扫描文档会闪退,除非反复重启设备到可以扫描为止。这大大地影响了使用感,除了升级到新的操作系统以外别无选择吗?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. You MUST have a method to turn autocapitalization and "spell checking" OFF on ios (and everyhwere else)

i have abandoned onenote because I could not see how to turn off auto spell checking and worse auto capitalization.
    if the app cannot simply record what I type as I type it, it is useless.
    (this was on ios)

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Siri integration on iOS

This is for both iPad and iPhone... It would be great to be able to dictate and say "Siri - make a note about _______ in OneNote" and have the note automatically created.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Arrumar a função de "zoom" da camera

Após a atualização do iOS 8 a função de camera para meu iPad ficou com Bugs, logo apos a atualização, não dava para rotacional o iPad que a camera continuava com a mesma referência, exemplo: Quando acionava a camera com meu iPad em pé e em seguida o deitava, a camera não rotaciova junto, eu apontava a camera para cima e a imagem ia para a direita. Porém após algumas atualizações isso foi corrigido. Agora quando vou tirar foto com meu iPad deitado e tento dar zoom, uma parte da imagem fica preta, impossibilitando de ser capturada a imagem do…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Selective wipe of corporate OneNote notebooks from personal devices

Along the same lines as OWA for iPhone, allow people to connect to corporate notebooks from personal devices. But also allow corporates to wipe corp notebooks from personal devices, should the need arise.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Feature parity between iPhone 6 plus version and iPad version.

Hi. Apple's iPhone 6 plus apps, when in landscape, look more like iPad apps than iPhone apps. For example the Mail app has two panes with the option to enlarge the email pane. Safari has actual tabs instead of a tab button, and so on. It is remiss of third party apps, most importantly OneNote, to restrict iPhone 6+ users to the same functionality as the iPhone 5 and 6. At least give us an excuse to use the text editing features in the landscape keyboard.

(Same goes for the rest of the apps in the office suite.)

Something like…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. iOS: Make tags searchable

Please make tags searchable on the ipad as they are on windows. If I can't search for them, then they are pretty much useless.

575 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Enable voiceover

Give users the ability to use iOS's built in voiceover tools in OneNote so we can have text within a page read aloud.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. iPad: make it possible to change the date of a note

A note gets a fixed date now that you cannot change. If would be great if the date could be changed, for example by tapping on it.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. syncing notebooks

After creating notebooks on one device, I have to manually open each notebook on every other device. They are not automatically synced. That means if I create 3 notebooks on my PC, then on my mac, iPad, Samsung phone, I have to open a total of 9 times....3 on each device. After that it syncs fine, but this is a real pain.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Create multi-page document capture option.

When inserting a picture into a note, often it's a document with multiple pages. Provide an option for users to select between one or multipage capture so that they can quickly capture a document, convert into PDF, and insert into the note without having to capture each page one by one.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Inserting files into Onenote

In the latest version the possibility to insert files from eg. Cloud Drive was introduced which is great. Also possible to insert files from Dropbox. However, not possible to insert files from Onedrive. Why is that? Strange as Onedrive is a microsoft service

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. [not alienating customers] Kunden nicht verprellen

Meine Idee: Kunden nicht mit Gewalt verprellen. Habe heute das neueste Update aufgespielt, und plötzlich kann ich meine Notizbücher nicht mehr verwenden. Plötzlich brauche ich ein kostenpflichtiges Abo. Und das ohne Vorwarnung! Hallo Microsoft! Braucht ihr keine zufriedenen Kunden? Wollt ihr die Leute mit Gewalt verprellen? Ich bin einfach nur fassungslos. Wenn ihr mich wenigstens gewarnt hättet. Jetzt kann ich mit Zeitdruck bis morgen eine neue Lösung suchen. Und um ehrlich zu sein: ich glaube nicht, dass Onenote da noch irgendwie verwendbar ist. Ich bin so enttäuscht. Ihr seid so unprofessionell, es ist unglaublich.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Remove, or allow users to hide, containers

Containers on the iPad are ugly, distracting, and can't be moved anyway. Please could we make this like the iPhone and just get rid of the ugly box? Alternatively, if they are going to be made movable on the iPad, could we have the option to turn container view off as on the PC version, please?

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. iPhone app: ability to strikethrough the text

This is weird that iPad version have it, and iPhone doesnt.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Request onenote clipper for ipad/iPhone

Since now apple has allowed more sharing functionality and there are apps that allow clipping of content from safari to other notes app, I hope onenote can come out with a clipper app for onenote ipad/iPhone that allows us to share and save information. The app I saw was "clips" and it made use of the widget function to capture info to be used later on. I hope onenote can have one that allow us to capture anything over to the notebook, be it from safari or other pdf reader apps. Thanks.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Clipping a recipe in iOS using the sharing should work like the web clipper.

I attempted to clip a recipe from chow.com using Safari and the Sharing to OneNote option. I ended up with a OneNote entry that was just a blob of JavaScript.

It would be great if the sharing to OneNote worked like the web clipper, so it would have clipped the recipe instead of a JavaScript blob.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

OneNote for iPad & iPhone

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base