OneNote for iPad & iPhone

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site. Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.

1. Print functionality in version 2016 is perferred.

Would like the ability to print from Windows to any chosen page in a notebook and settling for it being added to some page to the end of a section.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Select pages “types”

There needs to be an option for OneNote to simply act as a notebook that I can type text into without it being in a text box. I’d like to be able to select a “type of page” when I create a new page... blank page, text page, etc

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE allow third party add ins

Please allow third party add ins like onetastic or onecalendar. OR offer options of Page or section types such as planner, monthly calendar, birthday/anniversary calendar, etc.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Split view two separate pages in app

Able to refer to separate pages of notebook side by side while writing notes on a separate page. Maybe like drag a page to the side to enable split view in the app.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Sort on title is such a obvious need.

Simple as that. Sort the notes based on the title. A-Z or Z-A selectable. How could this function be left out of the initial design?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Give options for sidebar position

It would be greatly helpful to have the option to move the sidebar to the right side of the screen. When I try to write with the Apple Pencil, I frequently accidentally select things on the side bar with my left hand. Being able to choose to have the side bar on the right side would allow left-handed people to write without being interrupted by accidentally switching to another page, adding another page, or selecting "Edit."

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Being able to 3D press for scan pics as PDF

Pls support this feature for scan pics as PDF files as good as IOS note function. If you are supporting this feature, pls vote for me, cheers.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Language i am Swedish

How to read this your information here in my language, Swedish ? I use mostly my iPad or my Iphone.
    Information from you is important to understand exactly. Cannot use Google translator for this matter. Information in english is too difficult and impossible to read and understand correctly. So I give up and feel I never learn. Now I get help to write and I have English in the keyboard of my iPad. But it naturally does not help my understanding of your support page

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Font Calibri Light

Please add the Font Calibri Light to the app versions for the iPhone and iPad... similar to the Microsoft PC version.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Page level autocorrect & proofing settings

I use onenote win10 for work, personal and school (computer science/coding). I would like to turn off autocorrect/proofing for my school notebooks/notes/pages but keep it on for work and personal.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Supporting hot key

Please support some stylus that have hot key just like goodnotes. Maybe we could set what kind of tool will switch to after we press the hot key ourselves.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Quick Insert of Charts or Custom Drawn Objects

I am an Electrical Engineer and I am constantly needing to add blank graphs, charts, and schematic elements to my notes. Allow us to create custom "stickers" that we can put into a page and resize. example, I need an XY graph, I go to my stickers, choose the xy graph that i already created, and drag it into my notes where i need it and resize it to fit my needs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. zooming while in handwriting mode fix

Please fix the zooming and scrolling in handwriting mode. As a teacher all the students are in handwriting mode to markup and solve problems that are in the notes... math and physics (in my case) have students handwrite on top of the pdf's i've imported.

Students are using ipads, and are frustrated due to the following behavior:
    When in handwriting mode, and two fingers are placed to either scroll or zoom onenote doesn't pick up both and stray lines are drawn.

The students have to switch to text mode first. to scroll or zoom. They also are always deleting stray…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. It would be great to have more options for the page format. I would like to see the ability to add lined pages and page colors to OneNote.

For OneNote Online, the ability to change the page format is missing. My students would benefit from lined pages and different color backgrounds.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Please insert a Lineal function as well as a duntion that searches my handwritten notes. That would be great! Thank you

It would be great to be able to use a lineal.
    Also it would be a great feature to search my handwritten notes and set bookmarks on note to jump easily onto them

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Moving a page from one section to another section puts the moved page at the top instead of bottom

I am using OneNote as my organizing notebook for work. I have 9 different sections with 30-40 pages in each section. I move pages from one of the 9 sections to another section often. But when I move the page to another section, it goes to the bottom of that new section. I'd like it to be at the top so it's in order of newest at the top vs newest at bottom.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Support for iOS Shortcuts app

Several journaling apps like Bear and Day One support note creation through the new iOS shortcuts app. Would love to see OneNote support this feature too, with actions like adding a new note, inserting content (text, pictures...) into an existing page, etc.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Install version of OneNote that supports older version of iOS

Hope there will be an option to downgrade or rollback version of OneNote that is compatible with older version of iOS.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

OneNote for iPad & iPhone

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base