OneNote for iPad & iPhone

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site. Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.

1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Din

Please Din A4 settings

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Please add “read only mode”

It’s inconvenient that the OneNote is always under “edit mode” when I just want to glance or read my notes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Please enable to setup default paper

Hi I am a new user of OneNote since I got my iPad 2 weeks ago. I love the app so far for note taking. However, I wish I can set default paper style (line, colour, etc.) so I don’t have to do it every time when I create a new page. That would save some hassle. Thank you so much!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sticky Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. scribble and widget for ipad os 14

Make a better widget than existing one. As new ipad os 14 comed with awasome widget support .. it's time for OneNote to make a widget and get most out of it.

1. Allow directly take notes (handwritten/ type) in widget insted and of taking me to app and than start writing which is a lot time more time consuming process and it make existing widget use less.

2. For hand writting give a space like a blank board in widget who can force/motivate us to write down on it like stick note or new note so we can just input data…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Open SharePoint Mobile App instead of Browser when clicking Sharepoint link in OneNote for Mobile

Open SharePoint Mobile App instead of Browser when clicking Sharepoint link in OneNote for Mobile

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Sticky Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add settings for default background color an paper

see headline :-)

I'd like to have all my new pages light green with a finde grid paper (or better dotted paper...)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Just make office apps the same as the Windows version!!!!

Why are the iPad apps so neutered. Just make them the same as the Windows versions. If my 15 year old ThinkPad can run Office apps perfectly on Windows 10, then so should my iPad Pro.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please allow OneNote app on iPad Pro to allow audio recording while writing/typing!

OneNote users have asked for this feature many times in many different ways. We know it's available on the desktop platform. We want it on the iOS platform too.

Basically its the ability to simultaneously audio record AND write/type on the OneNote app.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Have typed text sit on the lines

I love using the Apple Pencil to hand write my notes on the lined pages and I've found what works best for me, but if I decide to type, the text never lines up with the lines and it looks scruffy. If you can get the text to recognise the position of the lines on the page and sit on them, that would be perfect!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Video Inserts Preview

Include a preview screen shot for any inserted video attachments. Currently only an icon is shown.

Most other applications use this instead of an icon. This helps to get an idea of the contents especially when multiple clips are within a note.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Fix default colours in dark mode

Since the dark mode was introduced, the standard font colors have had two different shades depending on the mode used.
    For example, by using a standard green text font in light mode and continuing the work in dark mode, the standard green of the new characters entered will be lighter so that the text will have characters with different shades of green!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Korean typing errors

All of the errors below are on the iPad.
    1. After setting the Korean font or size change, if you type a few lines, the font will change back to the default font.
    2. After setting the Korean font or size change, change to English input, and then change to Korean input to change the font to the default font.
    3. After typing the letter, if you move the cursor in the middle of the letter to type or delete the letter, an error occurs.
    ⭐️4. When entering Korean, the line breaks and the first letter are separated to separate…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The page zooms and scrolls all over the place, making it impossible to have a good experience on iPad

I have had really big issues with OneNote only on iPad where the page either zooms or scrolls all over the place, which makes it impossible to take notes. All my focus is on getting my zoom back to 100% and to scroll back to the last line where I was taking down my notes. I spent an hour studying yesterday and spent 30 mins just doing this, that's how bad it is. This doesn't happen on my Galaxy Tab S6 or on other devices. I don't know if it's the issue with zooming or palm rejection.

I'm a huge…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Solve handwritten Mathequations as i can do on the Web Version of OneNote

In the web Version of OneNote is this „math“ Feature were you can circle/mark handwritten math-equations and they are solved directly in OneNote.

I would like to be able to do that on my iPad. It is such a convenient feature for quick or even langer calculations.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. The iPad and PC onenote options are not the same on the iPhone onenote app.

I want more options available on the iPhone such as bullets in lieu of only check-boxes. More options needed for the iPhone app!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Use Onenote-cmd:// instead of onenote: protocol for "copy link to" and "create Outlook Task"

When you right click "copy link to" in onenote, it creates two links - one is a weblink, so will work on any client, the other is a onenote protocol link.

Because it creates a link with the onenote: protocol, this means it's not cross compatible with other devices like iphone, which can only open using the onenote-cmd:// protocol which also works on windows!
    The same thing happens when you create an Outlook task in OneNote Desktop, but this doesn't even give the weblink.

Please change to the protocol that works for more devices, I have to manually correct the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Currently the Onenote Plugin/addin for Outlook does not support Intune conditional access policy, "require approved app. When trying to use

Currently the Onenote Plugin/addin for Outlook does not support Intune conditional access policy, "require approved app.
    When trying to use the plugin it launches in webviewer and gets blocked by conditional access. Please launch in Edge on INtune devices.
    Honor the Intune app configuration which forses Edge.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 77 78
  • Don't see your idea?

OneNote for iPad & iPhone

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base