OneNote for iPad & iPhone

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site. Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.

1. Zoom out more

It'd be very useful to me if we could zoom out more than we can now,so that you can see everything in your paper.

It comes handy when you have to select a lot of things that are all over your paperat once, to move them or something else.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. eye dropper tool

an eye dropper tool so we can select colours from notes, pictures etc.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Please add “read only mode”

It’s inconvenient that the OneNote is always under “edit mode” when I just want to glance or read my notes.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Rule

Please, the incorporation of the ruler tool in the iPad app would be very helpful to make straight lines!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. There simply needs to be a posibility to change the size of the eraser in one note for ipad! This is a must

Im trying to sketch out some ideas inside one note and the lack of eraser functionality feels stupid. Yes its good to be able to erase only parts of a line (thanks for adding that functionality!) but with an eraser head stuck in one size, it becomes a problem when drawing small stuff (which im currently doing).

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Prevent users from using the "Send to OneNote" add-in from copying data from a corporate account email account to a personal OneNote account

The "Send to OneNote" add-in is enabled/disabled though the users' Exchange mailbox, users of Office 365 enterprise accounts can see their Exchange add-ins by going to https://outlook.office.com/owa/?path=/options/manageapps. When the OneNote add-in is added to a user's Exchange account the button shows up in Outlook on the desktop, Outlook mobile (Android & iOS), and Outlook on the web. Users' can access the "Send to OneNote" functionality on mobile by opening an email, clicking on the vertical ellipses on the e-mail, then clicking the "Send to OneNote" button. If the user has never logged into the OneNote add-in they will be…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Open SharePoint Mobile App instead of Browser when clicking Sharepoint link in OneNote for Mobile

Open SharePoint Mobile App instead of Browser when clicking Sharepoint link in OneNote for Mobile

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Sticky Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Video Inserts Preview

Include a preview screen shot for any inserted video attachments. Currently only an icon is shown.

Most other applications use this instead of an icon. This helps to get an idea of the contents especially when multiple clips are within a note.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Sync hand writing notes with audio recording on iPad

I have used Onenote on the surface pro 4 and loved it. But the experience on the Ipad Pro is lacking a major feature: audio recording while taking notes + sync playback with the note taking. When you start the audio record in Onenote on the Ipad you can’t do anything else... Is there something I’m missing? If not, Microsoft please address this! Otherwise this is a great app and I love being able to move from the Ipad to my Pc and find all of my notes.
    Martin

510 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Laserpointer

Adding a cursor / Laserpointer feature in the OneNote App (similar to goodnotes)

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Are you really working on any of these ideas

It’s good to see that you are looking at improvement .you are sending monthly updates but don’t seems to be working on any idea & suggestion
    Paper size suggestions, no pdf option on ipad , infinite page option is the best thing what i like but something we make notes that are supposed to be printed that is horrible with infinite page .
    MOST IMPORTANT THING THE WORST BACKUP & RECOVERY METHOD , IT ALWAYS SAYS YOU ARE WORKING OFFLINE... so I tried reinstall it .. & look i lost my few notes that can’t be recovered from windows device…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make the "equation editor" actually useful

You can insert an equation onto the canvas on iPad. But then you can't edit it. You just get the standard keyboard with none of the symbols. There needs to be a pop-up menu, at least, with the functionality of the regular equation editor.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Consistency across devices

In many educational settings students have a range of different devices.

Microsoft's failure to implement the same functionality across different devices is a major impediment in education.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Support embedded Microsoft Stream properly on the iPad

It's currently possible to embed a Microsoft Stream video into OneNote. However, two videos on the same page doesn't work.

Current evidence is that students need short bits of video interspersed with questions, not a single long video, so this needs urgent fixing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Use Onenote-cmd:// instead of onenote: protocol for "copy link to" and "create Outlook Task"

When you right click "copy link to" in onenote, it creates two links - one is a weblink, so will work on any client, the other is a onenote protocol link.

Because it creates a link with the onenote: protocol, this means it's not cross compatible with other devices like iphone, which can only open using the onenote-cmd:// protocol which also works on windows!
    The same thing happens when you create an Outlook task in OneNote Desktop, but this doesn't even give the weblink.

Please change to the protocol that works for more devices, I have to manually correct the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Integration of the OneNote mathematic tool for iPads

Please integrate the mathematic tool in OneNote for iPads - i use the apple pencil and would like to convert my mathematical notes as it is possible with Windows 10 OneNote.
    (together with an educational 365 account)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. PLEASE add the Ink to Text for iPad Pro 2018 version.

Miss having this option. Not having this option makes oneNote useless for my needs.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add the option for INTERNAL LINKS (texts from one page to another page, or from one section to another)

It would be very useful if we can have the option of using internal links to connect one section (or page) to another section (or page), through texts or paragraphs. Thank you!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

OneNote for iPad & iPhone

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base