OneNote for iPad & iPhone

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site. Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.

1. How about a page size option.

How about a page size option. It’s crazy trying to print out hand written notes. At least allow for an a4 guide so we can keep our notes to a page size .

363 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please support pressure sensitivity and "Pencil" for Apple Pencil

It's obvious that Apple Pencil is pressure sensitive. When I'm writing with Surface Pen, the things written look natural, but on iPad, it doesn't. This makes me want to give up using OneNote cause the inequality of the experience across the platforms.

Also, there are only pen and highlighter in the iOS version, but the Windows version has an additional pencil option. Things written in pencil are displayed as pen on iOS.

192 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. paper size options

I wish I could choose page sizes like A4. Infinite note is great but sometimes it’s confusing. I use onenote on a laptop, a smartphone and an ipad and 100% scale is different on each devises. when I edit something on the laptop it’s wide and on the smartphone it’s narrow with 100%. I need universal size.

235 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Sync hand writing notes with audio recording on iPad

I have used Onenote on the surface pro 4 and loved it. But the experience on the Ipad Pro is lacking a major feature: audio recording while taking notes + sync playback with the note taking. When you start the audio record in Onenote on the Ipad you can’t do anything else... Is there something I’m missing? If not, Microsoft please address this! Otherwise this is a great app and I love being able to move from the Ipad to my Pc and find all of my notes.
    Martin

348 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow "." (dot/point) in notebook names like "1.1 page", "1.3 page"

In iOS OneNote Apps it is not possible to use correctly "." (dot/point) in notebook names like
    "1.1 page"
    "1.3 page"

You can create such a notebook name, but it is displayes as "1"
    (= everythink after the first dot is cutted)

Seems to be a bug since such notebook names are **allowed** and correclty displayed in
    1) Win10: OneNote 2016: yes
    2) Win10: App.OneNote: yes
    3) Win10: OneDrive in WindowsExplorer: yes
    4) Office 365 (Online) Sharepoint (Teamwebsite): yes
    5) iOS Apps OneNote: *NO*

Can you please allow "." (dot/point) "." in notebook names everywhere in every OneNote app/Website/Desktop app?

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Open two different sections or notebooks side by side in App

In the iPad App have the ability to open two sections or notebooks side by side so you can look at documents and take notes at the same time

161 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Support for iOS Shortcuts app

Several journaling apps like Bear and Day One support note creation through the new iOS shortcuts app. Would love to see OneNote support this feature too, with actions like adding a new note, inserting content (text, pictures...) into an existing page, etc.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Hyperlink to a different page in OneNote for iPad

Link to different page (hyperlink) in OneNote for iPad

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Lasso and change ink stroke and color

It would be incredibly nice if I could lasso something that's already written and change the ink stroke or color. That would save me a TON of time when I realize that I want my ink in another color!

118 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Page Size Option across all the platform please!!!

Page Size Option across all the platform please!!!

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. It must be very useful if we can record voice while drawing or sketching in iPad. Would you mind develop this sector as well.

It must be very useful if we can record voice while drawing or sketching in iPad. Would you mind develop this sector as well.

199 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Change color of handwritten notes without erasing and rewriting

It would be so helpful if there was a feature that allowed users to lasso select a portion of handwritten notes and change the ink color instead of having to erase and rewrite them in the desired color.

98 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add the "Pencil" option in the add pen menu

This feature is available in Word iOS but not in OneNote. Additionaly, It would also be great if you could achieve a similar look to Apple's Pencil option in their Note App.

Thank you for considering our feature requests.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. It should be the feature of splitting pages and sheets and setting an A4 size or letter or legal

It should be the feature of splitting pages and sheets and setting an A4 size or letter or legal

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sticky Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Treat PDFs as PDFs

When selecting the printout option, pdfs are treated as background images. It would be great if I could annotate on them, instead of just writtng over an image

268 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Check-Lists: Enable a mirroring function allowing a master check list on one page to reflect check lists from multiple pages.

Provide option to check-off on master list on summary page or project owner's page, or option to check off on other pages that own sub-tasks or sub-categories, while keeping both sets of check-lists updated real-time.
    Consider check list can change color based on project 25%, 50%, 75% complete and/or closes its-self off when sub-category is complete, or link a status bar to check list to change color as an indicator.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I'd like the custom tags from my desktop to sync to my iPad. Or at least be able to customize the tags in iPad to match my desktop.

I'd like the custom tags from my desktop to sync to my iPad. Or at least be able to customize the tags in iPad to match my desktop.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Sync hand writing notes with audio recording.

I have used Onenote on the surface pro 4 and loved it. But the experience on the Ipad Pro is lacking a major feature: audio recording while taking notes + sync playback with the note taking. When you start the audio record in Onenote on the Ipad you can’t do anything else... Is there something I’m missing? If not, Microsoft please address this! Otherwise this is a great app and I love being able to move from the Ipad to my Pc and find all of my notes.
    Martin

106 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Enable option to treat iOS ink as either 'handwriting' or 'drawing'

Prior to December of 2017 OneNote interpreted iOS pen inputs as 'handwriting' which enables server side indexing of handwritten notes.

In December, during an update, this was changed to 'drawing' which means that all handwritten notes made on iOS must be manually converted using a win32 application.

A support thread was started here:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_onenote-mso_imobile-mso_o365b/handwriting-recognition-stopped-working-on-ipad/85269887-c426-4eb4-adf5-bc749aeae50e?messageId=d79d1886-b44b-459a-ba83-2e8edc01f267&rtAction=1526467916381

Which was just recently closed as 'Design Behavior'. Instead of just going back to default all ink input as handwriting, it would be hugely beneficial to be able to toggle the default input in the settings menu.

156 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Siri Shortcuts in iOS 12

Please support the new Siri Shortcuts that released September 2018. When I have an important idea or thought that I want to get out of my head and recorded asap, it would be nice to invoke Siri, and say "New OneNote" and OneNote opens at a new note ready for me to start typing or dictating. Putting this support in OneNote would allow for a bunch more automation that would really show the power of OneNote as a platform.

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 69 70
  • Don't see your idea?

OneNote for iPad & iPhone

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base