OneNote for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site. Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.

How can we improve OneNote for Mac?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. BUG report

The new version which was updated at 14/08, can not copy the correct current page's link. The incorrect link will show (web view) in the end. Hence the incorrect link can not point to the correct page.
    Hope you can fix it as soon as possible.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Closed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bug report 16.9: Share->Send Message using Outlook 16.10 is broken.

This broke recently. Could be either a OneNote bug or an Outlook bug. OneNote gives me an error: "OneNote requires Apple Mail or Outlook for Mac to be set as the default mail client in order to email a page." I confirmed Outlook is the default mail client on my Mac.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bug-fix

Please fix the frustrating bug in OneNote on Mac where when you right click and correct a word, it hangs and the only solution is to restart OneNote

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bug : Invisible cursor in one of OneNote pages when switching back to OneNotes from other app : mostly in first open OneNote-page

Situation : having several OneNote-windows open => switching to other application, editing there => coming back to OneNotes => cursor invisible in one (or first) OneNote-page open. When switching then to webbrowsers and again coming back to same page in OneNote => cursor sometimes visible again. Very annoying !

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Bug report version 15.3

If you paste text into a notebook page using command v - everything works fine.

If you paste text into a notebook page by right clicking the mouse and clicking paste - OneNote freezes. This occurs if you paste from either Safari or Firefox.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Font revert bug. Hitting return should keep the font from the previous paragraph.

When you hit enter at the end of a line, the font format from the previous paragraph should be kept and applied to the new paragraph on every single carriage return.

Sometimes it does keep the previous font as expected. But sometimes it reverts to the hard default of Calibri 11 (regardless of the preferences default setting). Other times it reverts to the font of something you pasted in (even after reformatting the entire page to the font you want).

Same thing happens if you delete the carriage return to join the next paragraph; it will change the font of…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Bug: Inconsistent Ruled Lines between devices (iOS, Mac, Windows)

Discrepancies on ruled lines:

If you write on ruled lines on any of the devices, whether iOS, Mac or Windows, and used another platform to view the writings, then you would notice that the writings are either above or below your original line.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 15.28 prevents some pages (generated from onenote-api) loading on osx + ipad + iphone

15.28 (on osx + ipad + iphone) will not open some pages created using the onenote-api.
    15.27 (and previous versions) have no trouble opening the pages.
    The latest android version similarly cannot open said pages. Fortunately on android previous versions are available.
    If the offending page is duplicated in the online version it will be accessible on the ipad or osx.
    Is this regression (and incompatibility) likely to be addressed any time soon?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Mac onenote importer (evernote) not working

Tying out the importer in my mac, as soon as press get started app hangs.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for reaching out. Make sure Evernote is not running in the background. More detailed help can be found here support.office.com/en-us/article/Import-not..

This site is not a support site so if you need further help, you should engage on this community site where questions are being answered about the converter answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mac/forum

10. Mac OneNote v15.25 does not display page colors; all pages appear with a white background

Ever since upgrading to the Mac version 15.25 of OneNote, all pages appear with a white background rather than the designated page colors. This same fluke is occurring on the latest OneNote versions on my iMacs, iPad and iPhone. The previous version is installed on one other iMac and one other iPad and it works correctly.  

Has anyone else experienced this? And, more importantly, has anyone found a fix?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or suggestions.  I have already posted this on Microsoft's OneNote Feedback page.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Bug: cannot paste a page into empty section

When I want copy & paste a page into section, it's not possible. I have to create one empty page first, than I can paste and then delete the empty page.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Improve "restore window" functionality (Bug?)

Currently when you have OneNote open, and you minimise the window to the dock, when you click on the main OneNote icon again (i.e. the program icon) the window does not restore. You have to go all the way to the right hand side of the dock and select the specifically minimised window to get it restore.

Seems to me like a bit of a bug as every other program seems to handle this normally. Expected behaviour would be, if there is one or more OneNote windows minimised, upon clicking the application icon in the dock it should restore the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

OneNote for Mac

Feedback and Knowledge Base