OneNote for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site. Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.
  1. Add a search for note statuses...

Could you add a search for statuses? For example, I use the TODO for certain reminders. It would be great if I can search for those "To-Do's

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Compress title bar and ribbon to a single row

Just look at how much space is wasted in a title bar http://i.imgur.com/PFj2UfF.png

4 icons on the right can be easily placed in the same row. Toolbar can be placed there too, especially considering it can have 5 buttons at most.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I have tried for several years to make a suggestion to make OneNote more useful but have kept falling on deaf ears. It would be very useful

I have tried for several years to make a suggestion to make OneNote more useful but have kept falling on deaf ears.

It would be very useful if the folders and subfolders could be sorted by alpha in the EDIT section.

I have hundreds of folders and subfolders on my medical projects.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Side-by-side viewing disappeared

I used to be able to have OneNote open adjacent to a Word document. In the latest version, that has disappeared -- which means I have to resize the individual windows. Can we bring this feature back?!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. please consider to add the possibility to show comments and remarks on imported PDF files

please consider to add the possibility to show comments and remarks on imported PDF files

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Default email reader choice

On a MAC, when you have an email object dropped into ONENOTE and you click on it to open it, ONENOTE defaults to the dreaded MAC.app as a reader regardless what you have established as your email reader preference. So, simply establish a linkage between the default email reader preference and ONENOTE. That way you don't have to continuously right-click and open-with to avoid spinning up the mail.app on a MAC. It used to work until a recent Office365 upgrade. Very frustrating. These kinds of things gets user to consider their alternatives. I am.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. How do I get rid of OneNote. I can't print with my OWN printer because of your website

How di I get rid of OneNote. I can't use my OWN printer now that OneNote has somehow taking over the control of my printer.
    HELP!!!!!! Tom Stogdill

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add touchbar support for MacBook Pro!

All Microsoft Office apps (or almost all of them), including Excel, Powerpoint, & Word all have support for touchbar, except OneNote. Please add touchbar support for OneNote!

67 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. onedrive not allowed

At the company I work for OneDrive access isn't allowed anymore. That also means I can't use OneNote on my Mac and iPad.

Please fix this.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. spotlight

After updating OneNote from the App Store, Spotlight cannot find the app to launch it until I reindex the drive (this is on latest Sierra)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add a new note whenever you like (read docs, chatting online…) by a short cut

Just like evernote, users can get a simple note editing window through a short cut, and then they can add a short but important note to a special section(like "Quick Notes")

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. To-do item - chose where to publish it

Make it possible to track todo-items in a onenote in Planner, TO-DO, Exchange todo and so on.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Seitenumbruch

Es wäre schön OneNote hätte eine Markierung für einen Seitenumbruch. Wenn ich einzelne Seiten ausdrucken möchte habe ich oftmals das Problem, dass die Seiten "abgeschnitten" werden oder sich merkwürdig auf mehreren Seiten verteilen. Das ist nervig und wenig ressourchenschonend.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. sync error

my one note will not sync no matter what I do. It has been like this for about 3 month

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Viewing Navigation Panes in OneNote for Mac

I have been using OneNote for a while now. Honestly, I liked it better when the page and section tabs were at the top of the page, but I managed to make the switch to having them on the left side of my OneNote window. I am not here to complain about that.

I keep my desktop organized with OneNote running most of the time along side two other programs. In order to see as much information as possible, my OneNote window is sized to fill about 50% of the width of the screen, or 700 or so pixels.

My…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please redesign NAME @ Sites - Organization

When your using the OneDrive app, whether it be the desktop app or the web client, it seems that a default notebook is created in a users OneDrive called NAME @ Sites - Organization, then in grey letters it says 'personal' > emailprefixdomaindomainsuffix. It's clear to the educated Sharepoint user, that you're using the sharepoint site name...but PLEASE use the brand OneDrive. So 1. stop auto naming a notebook with the NAME @ Sites - Organization. Let the user pick the name. 2. Stop exposing hidden Sharepoint names in the UI of OneNote. Please realize the value in…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Quit updating so often

You send out updates more regularly than any other application on my mac. If the updates are actually important to the security and stability of the program then updates are warranted, otherwise bundle the improvements into sporadic changes.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Email page should attach files, not just embed them

In the Windows OneNote 2016 version, I can send a page to someone and the files on the page are also sent as attachments. This doesn't happen in any other version and that's a real shame. Can we have the choice please?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Have you killed Onenote for Mac?

Why did you move the tab section to the side? Are you planning to abandon onenote for mac?

Please give us the option to move it to the top.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. New Windows Possibility for multitasking - please ! Thank you !

Latest update describes that it is now effective, but it is not ! Please let it be possible !

Many thanks !

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

OneNote for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base