OneNote for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site. Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.
  1. Resizable Toolbar

I'm using an ultrawide screen and the toolbar fills only about 40% of the space but still shrinks font styles and tags menus. Please adapt the layout to match bigger screen sizes, having to click to expand a panel when there's so much blank space causes a poor user experience.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Mac Outlook Glitch with Private Apt

Almost all my appointments marked private, single occurrences and reoccurring, have been changed to the subject "Private Appointment." All the details have also been deleted. I add new private appointments and they immediately glitch and so this is not a one time issue. I think there is a glitch in a recent update.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Move the tabs back to the top

Move the tabs back to the top, do it now.

Stupid engineers.

800 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

283 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to avoid creation of "Untitled Page" each time a new section is created

Currently each time I create a new section OneNote creates an empty page with the title "Untitled Page". This is quite annoying especially while reworking my notebook's structure where I create a lot of sections and drag existing notes to them.

Deleting such notes is a hassle and on the other hand creating a note manually is just a single click.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Randomly scrolls to the top of the page

When reading or scrolling down my one note page, it will suddenly go back up to the top! This is frustrating especially when im reading lecture slides 100+ pages long and I am constantly having to go back down to find the slide i was on!!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Search embedded files (especially those linked to OneDrive) in OneNote for Windows 10

In the previous versions of OneNote, when files were attached (including PDFs) you could easily search for keywords and the pages which had files inserted with those words would display. This is a very important feature for productivity. When will this be added to OneNote for Windows 10?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Bug: highlight disappears in dark mode

Highlight strokes disappear while using dark mode. This makes the highlighter unusable in dark mode.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. You tried. You failed. It happens. Now bring back Notebook in Word.

The Notebook template in Word 2011, with it's ruled lines mimicking an actual notebook, was far more user friendly than OneNote. You could write out a to-do list with check boxes next to them and then drag them up and down the lines to whatever order of priority you wanted. Why would you eliminate that? I get that you want to give your younger engineers' ideas a chance, but not every swing will produce a hit. You're doubling down on a strikeout here. Forget OneNote and bring back Word Notebook.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. arrange notebooks

alphabetically, or by date modified, date created, size, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Can OneNote Mac have the features that show and manage contents by page by page. GoodNotes displays and prints page by page

OneNote cannot display or print page by page such as 8.5" x 11" or legal. GoodNotes allows display and print page by page or showing distinction between pages. Convert 3-pager OneNote to PDF it turned into 12 to 16 pages and many blank pages and no distinction between pages or display likewise. If not with GoodNotes, OneNote Win or Mac still suffers from no page/page display or printing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Go Back (back button and/or keyboard shortcut)

I would appreciate this as a button or a shortcut - I tend to group my notes by topic, but sometimes the notes I need are in a different place altogether such that I need to use the FIND function (thank you so much for making that able to search across all notebooks). Once I get to the place with the notes I need, I would like an easy way to get back to where I was before

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Tick Marks on To Do

The tick mark on the To Do box is now quite feint on the latest updates. I find it difficult to see at a glance if the To Do is completed. Perhaps user control of the tick mark weight and colour would be useful

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow users to share one page of their notebook or one section of their notebook, rather than having to share an entire notebook

Allow users to share one page of their notebook or one section of their notebook, rather than having to share an entire notebook

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Search notes by date, Custom titles

It would be great to allow for the date of the note creation to be displayed in the note title. Also, searching, organizing, and filtering by date

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Scratch projects can be embedded within OneNote, like Repl.it projects

As a Computer Science teacher, this would be amazing of this was implemented! Scratch projects embedded in webpages looks very impressive and would look even better in OneNote Class Notebook.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Highlight touch bar

Adding highlight button on Touch Bar options also being able to select multiple words at once to be lighted using commend button

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Remove need to log in

I have nothing but difficulty trying to log in to this app. I know my password, enter it, comes back as wrong. Even thought it isn't.

So, remove the need to log in and let people that own a subscription to the software actually use the software they are paying for.

I don't need to save files in the cloud. Letting it work on my desktop is fine.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Highlight Page Names

It would be very useful to be able to highlight the Page Names listed in the Pages Navigation Panel

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Shading table bug and highlighting with mouse need to fix!

I do not know whether this is a bug or not, but when I highlight my cells in my table it highlights with a color other than my chosen colour to highlight text. i.e. my highlight colour is blue but the cells highlight yellow.
    In addition to this, the shading table function doesn't work! I try to change the color of my table and it doesn't change and remains white.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

OneNote for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base