OneNote for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site. Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.
  1. Return triple-click functionality to normal

New 16.25 OneNote update (for Mac—but I have been told by Microsoft support that this applies to most recent version of OneNote for Windows as well) appears to have introduced a feature whereby triple-clicking a word in a paragraph opens the right-click context menu. Normal functionality in previous versions was to select entire paragraph, allowing one to quickly press the “delete” or “backspace” key to get rid of an unwanted block of text. This is also what triple-clicking does across various software throughout the history of its existence—triple-clicking in web browsers, Word and PowerPoint, Apple Pages, etc. selects the entire…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to edit linked files from within OneNote

We NEED to be able to edit a file (eg Word, Excel or Powerpoint) that has been dragged into OneNote from within OneNote. Being limited to Read-Only if we open the file from within OneNote is utterly useless. It works in Windows, so why not in MacOS. This missing feature is a deal breaker.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Why the **** do my keyboard short cuts stop working in onenote periodically?

the short cuts for cut, copy, paste, undo etc just randomly stop working in onenote all the time, what is up with that?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Save as PDF - PDF version standard

Export/Save as PDF should use the same PDF version standard across all Microsoft products for example version 1.7 regardless if using Mac, Windows, iOS, Android, or Microsoft Online and regardless of using the option use Microsoft online service to generate the PDF or using the local service.
    This consistency is critical to having a consistent and supported cross platform user experience with PDFs being used or printed which were created by Microsoft products.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. sidecar

Add sidecar, the next OSX feature

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Connections (put in google classroom for mac version) LMS

How about putting in Google Classroom LMS for connections is IOS version.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. OneNote in Outlook calendar

Pls make it possible to attach a OneNote to a meeting in Outlook calendar where you can store personal notes or share them with certain people. I believe it is possible on Windows.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When you click into the typing screen the navigation screen remains - this is annoying

Before version 16.24 the navigation screen would disappear...now i need to click to minimise the screen and you are still left with the grey bar which serves no purpose. Please go back to how it was as this is not good.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Since when did the search button remain on the left hand side bar? i hate it!!!!!!

The button to collapse the side bar and search button is permanently on display...can it disappear please?????????

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add new page below selected (not bottom of the section)

Adding new notes on a Mac always creates them at the bottom of the list. It would be nice to have an option of creating them below selected item. At least this is how this should work after right clicking a page and selecting "new page". When you are using subpages and would like to add new subpage - right now you need to scroll it up from the bottom. Instead, you should be able to right click the note from subpage and after clicking new page - create a new page in this subsection.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Leaving (or option to leave) the section tabs at the top on the page instead of on the side

Of the new experimental features is the sections tabs moving to the side of the page instead of displaying at the top. This kills screen space as it takes a huge chunk or horizontal space for people who work with two windows side by side. If the feature is coming, please leave an option to revert back to displaying these tabs at the top of the notebook.

1,707 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1126 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. OneNote for Mac does have the feature to turn off auto sync. Repeated sync failure make One Note unusable.

OneNote for Mac does have the feature to turn off auto sync. Repeated sync failure make One Note unusable.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Custom Ribbon

I would like to customise buttons in the ribbon.

Example: a button for my favourite notebook to click there fast.
    Or short cut keys to go fast to my favourite notebook.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. HP Printer Support

Getting perfect guidelines for the 123 hp setup is a quite difficult. If you have any issues while trying to set up the printer, you can reach out to us at any time. Give a ring @+1-800-237-0201 to the toll-free number given here. We’ll provide necessary support for your HP printer setup. visit http://123hpcomcom.strikingly.com/blog/hp-printer-setup

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Ability to select the number of sheets to print a note. Print a note on a specific number of sheets. ability to print the entire note on one

Ability to select the number of sheets to print a note. Print a note on a specific number of sheets. ability to print the entire note on one A4 sheet. Ability to print the entire note on four A4 sheets.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. please include wiki & markdown feature

please include wiki & markdown feature

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Tables - don't capitalise first letter of each new line within a cell

If I go into OneNote>Preferences>Spelling and AutoCorrect and I uncheck "Capitalize the first letter of sentences" and then restart OneNote, this preference change is successfully applied to my OneNote when I am typing in a OneNote Page -- but if I insert a table into my OneNote page, and begin typing lines within a cell, this preference is not applied.

The preference change I make is a functional/style change and it should just apply across the board. If, for example, I am entering a list of items within a cell, and I want each new list item to be on…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Urgent! Hotkey for changing font size

You should create a hotkey to change font size in OneNote for Mac. Like Command+Shift+> to increase font by 1 point and Command+Shift+< to decrease font by 1 point.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please add the buttons to zoom in and out the text quickly as in Word!!

I can't believe that in 2019 you still can't enlarge and reduce the text as quickly as in Word, without having to click on the number every time or even to write it....

it seems like Microsoft doesn't even listen to our needs or advice

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)