OneNote for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

We do not troubleshoot bugs on this site. Do not post them here! 
Please visit the OneNote section of the Microsoft Community site or Contact Support for help.
  1. Improve sync of Notebooks between user's different computers

The system to make the Notebooks on my Mac visible on my MacBook is unnecessarily clunky and needs improving, please.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. REGRESSION: Move line up/down keyboard shortcut is broken

This used to work, but has recently regressed (not sure what build). Still
    works on iOS.

The shortcuts are Shift-Command-Up/Down

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/OneNote-for-Mac-keyboard-shortcuts-20fa1619-0f1c-4f83-a3cc-41e12b366f2f

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Please allow import PDF to background (like on the Windows version)

I think this is why Apple is so successful by saying "it just works" regarding their products because tiny headache-producing issues with software (like missing key features, unable to sync larger files, always logging out) make a person feel uneasy about adopting a Windows-based platform.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. At least be able to sync files as large as your max file size (100 MB)

Right now, you cannot sync larger PDF files regardless of whether they are added from a Mac or PC using OneNote 2016, and there is no option to do it manually. What is the point in having the ability to upload files as big as 100 MB if you cannot sync them across your platforms? There are small companies out there (Notability) who don't have file size restrictions and have relatively fast syncing between Mac/iPad/iPhone, even for larger files.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Window Screen Position on startup

When you exit and re-run OneNote (or reboot with it running) save and restore the screen position accurately. At present the position is restored correctly vertically but is slightly offset to the right horizontally

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Hotkey(Cmd+Opt+F) behavior of search under 'Enable experimental features'

Love the experimental UI except hotkey behavior of search in recent update:

Caret will be in search text box when pressing the hotkey if search is not triggered before, and that's good. However, when I want to search again with some other query after some skimming though text by pressing Cmd+Opt+F, it will trigger search with old query again without placing caret in text box. :( That's so annoying and painful. Knowing that I can't change query like it should be, I have to move my mouse, click the text box, press Cmd+A, enter new query and press Enter to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. One Note Importer Hangs at problem files.

Suggest that problem files be skipped and listed later so the the user can deal with the problem. Currently it is useless as I can't import more than 1/4th of my files as it hangs....If there is a way around this problem there should be something in the help/FAQ about it

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. regular expression search

Search that supports regular expressions. Even basic ones like . ? *

Ideally, grouping and fun stuff like ^this.+[a-z]{6}*$

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Importer URL Missing

when I use the OneNote Importer for Mac to import my Evernote notebooks it is nearly flawless. There is one thing missing...for notes in Evernote that were clipped and have the original URL in the meta data, this goes missing. I know you have access to the meta data because the importer can both categorize into sections based on tags and the tag itself is added to the imported note as text at the top.

TheOneNote clipper adds the source URL to the top of the note, which is great when you want to go back to the source. Why…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Remove forced Office 365 sign on for OneNote for Mac

We have internal OneDrive at our company that can host a OneNote file. However, since the OneNote for Mac client forces you to try to login with an Office 365 account - we are dead in the water. If it would be possible to bypass Office 365 sign on, we can open OneNote files from our internal OneDrive. Our Mac users would love to use OneNote at our company (as all our Windows users have the luxury of) but this roadblock prevents us from being able to offer it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. ver 15.29

I just downloaded the new version, 15.29. You changed the look and feel which I am not sure I love but can get used to. The biggest problem is that hot keys or keystrokes I used to use are no longer working. I believe it is a huge no-no in software development to change hot keys in an application. For example, regardless of where I was in onenote I could hit cmd-option-f and open up the search menu. now if the search menu is open but my cursor is editing a note i have to use my mouse to do…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Please make audionotes recorded on the PC playable on the Mac !

I switched to Windows and Onenote because of the ability to take audionotes combined with handwriting.
    I also need a Mac - but it is not possible to playback PC-audionotes in Onenote on the Mac.
    Where is the problem and how can we solve this?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. A operação não pôde ser concluída. (kOCConnectionErrorDomain erro 14942213.)

Não consigo efetuar o logim, aparece constantemente essa mensagem.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. enable masking the LEFT margins (notes' and sections' lists)

the WIDTH of the note's writing space is TOO NARROW because of the left margins (notes' and sections' lists).

Enable us to mask them when we write.

( like we can already mask the new left margin's list of notebooks)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. OneNote files on Shared Drive

Some people in our business post OneNote files in a folder on a shared drive at the office but they will not open for Mac users (appear as exe files). They only open for those with Windows (and open in OneNote). Is there a way to make this work for Mac users?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. show full file attachment name

Show full file names of attached documents. When I insert files into a page, we see a large icon of the file type and only part of the file name. I saw on one of the community posts that this is 'by Design". I am not sure why showing only part of a file name makes sense as good design. The more I use OneNote, the more of a problem this becomes. It has me wanting to go back to EverNote.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Highlight bug, equation fn, snap grids, print area, solver, archive notebooks,

BUG: inserted shapes won't change color or thickness if you used the highlight fn before hand. It will have the same thickness and color of the highlighter you used before.

After heavy daily use, I would love to see these changes:

• insert arrows and axes with separations, for when I'm making a graph or timeline

ex. when inserting an x,y-axes and double-clicking on it, it prompts me to define the axes, the number of dashes on the axes and how I want to number it.

• Group and un-Group shapes, text, images, pdf together so that if one moves, all the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add ability to add a note (like a definition) to a word

Like you can in Word and Excel, having the ability to add a "Note" to a word that only appears when you hover your mouse over the word would be useful for defining terms. I am currently using OneNote in an advanced French course, and would love to be able to highlight words and input their definitions into a note such that they are "hidden" until I hover my mouse over the word.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Scrolling is Very Smooth after enabling Experimental Features in Preferences

Thank you! You just made OneNote so much better for us!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

OneNote for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base