How can we improve OneNote for Mac?

Allow me to change the date/time stamp on each page - like on PC version

I create pages to take minutes for a meeting -- sometimes (esp. on a busy day), I like to create the pages ahead of time so I can be ready when the meeting occurs. Other times I need to go in after the fact to create the page. In both cases, I want the date/time stamp to be when the meeting actually occurred -- NOT when I created the page. The PC version can do this. Pretty basic.

167 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

41 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is so so simple why oh why do they not do this for MAC version it seems so basic and obvious. I use the note function pre/post meeting all the time and not being able to amend the date/time stamp is the most frustrating gap in this version.
        Please please fix this Microsoft.

• EdG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's shocking that something so basic still isn't in the Mac version. After 25+ years of using Windows and Office apps, and as a long-time former MSFT employee, I'm appalled how many basic features that have be in WinOffice for years are still not on the Mac. This is just one glaring example. I recently switched jobs where my dept uses Macs so I made the switch and I am beyond frustrated. I can't imagine how corporate CIOs who license office for tens of thousands of employees are still putting up with this **** from MSFT.

• Kevo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can't change the date or timestamp on pages, via the Online OneNote or the Mac OneNote? (facepalm) Time to look for an alternative app to use :\

Same problem. Somebody knows any fix for this? I need to create and label notes according to dates..Its not like I am creating timestamp based digital signatures....

• Lauren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes another update and once gain this has been ignored. How difficult could it possibly be to implement?!!

Definitely needs this feature. Such a simple one to add! So many times we are back dating notes and without this feature it's really difficult to keep track. If you want to keep us as engaged users we need this.

• Anon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Congrats M$. You've removed the feature from Onenote for Windows 10 App as well. Only the paid version (Onenote 2016) has the ability to change the date & time stamp on pages.

• Dennis Metzcher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is such a simple feature to add. Being able to change the date associated with a note is possible in the Windows version of OneNote, but Microsoft does not allow Mac users to do this. What's the point of having an application be cross-platform if the most basic features are not the same from one platform to the next? Further, missing basic features like this makes me wonder whether Microsoft gives any significant thought to the Mac versions of their products.

As someone who has chosen to make OneNote my preferred note-taking platform (I've moved all my notes from the last several years into it), it's frustrating to see that Microsoft doesn't concern themselves with delivering key features to Mac users.

• Jess commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please fix this. This is such a basic feature it's absurd it only works on the PC app. Little things like this make Onenote incredibly frustrating and dampens it's practical use. It has the potential to be a powerhouse, and the ulitmate life/work productivity app, but it's all these small details that completely derail it's effectivness.

• thea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hello microsoft :-)! your tool is unbeatable but the mac version does not compare to the pc version. date and time changes should have been part of the show for long, so please add this basic setting.

and happy new year :-)

• Jaimon Jose commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 from another user. Its surprising that MS is still finding it difficult to keep feature parity between platforms.

• Ryan Horrisberger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This [1] MS Office support page says "While it’s not currently possible to edit the page creation date in OneNote Online, you can use the OneNote desktop app on your Windows PC or on your *Mac* to do this." Following the link on that page gives instructions for Windows only. Why does the support page say you can do it in OneNote for Mac?

1- https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/Change-or-remove-the-page-creation-date-or-time-in-OneNote-Online-c1beb8c7-655f-4da2-a304-1750c3b6a261

• Greg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am very surprised that you can not change the date and time on a MAC. I am guessing it is because the PC version uses custom controls that are not available on the MAC.

To: Product Manager at Microsoft, please put this in queue to be added. There must be a clever way to do this without those controls.

Thank you!

• Nick Ehrlich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

omg...it's 2017 already. Will you PLEASE get your Office desktop apps into parity regardless of the operating system! Little things like this in OneNote and the fact that you can't open shared Gmail calendars in Outlook only drive people away from your software platform.

• Thomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe this is still an issue. I hope someone comes up with a work around one day. One Note is a great piece of software, however on MAC this issue forces me to move on software that can provide what I (and others) need.

• Jacqui commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I could not agree more, totally undermines functionality of MAC version ! PLEASE amend Microsoft why or why does MAC always miss out !

• Jason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I CANT change the Date time either! This is a missing feature that is very SAD.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base