How can we improve OneNote for Mac?

Allow me to change the date/time stamp on each page - like on PC version

I create pages to take minutes for a meeting -- sometimes (esp. on a busy day), I like to create the pages ahead of time so I can be ready when the meeting occurs. Other times I need to go in after the fact to create the page. In both cases, I want the date/time stamp to be when the meeting actually occurred -- NOT when I created the page. The PC version can do this. Pretty basic.

204 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

53 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • SNPJG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still not possible on a Mac. Really???? Come on Microsoft. Pretty basic stuff.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OneNote 2016 desktop app is being depreciated.... and still the basic task of changing the date stamp in the OneNote online is not available. I often copy pages and need to change the date stamp. Until Microsoft fixes this I'll stick to the desktop version.

• Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Every other note app allows users to change date stamp. You can make it an option that in businesses is controlled by the administrator if this is a concern. The method below allows you to delete but the date stamp does not insert the new date into the same date/time box.

• Russ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please fix this. This is really annoying. I need to fix some timestamps on notes we moved from Evernote (for record-keeping purposes) and this is a problem.

• Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a previous commenter noted, I found you can at least delete these by selecting each item (date and/or time) and hitting backspace on your keyboard. You can then go to Insert > Time Stamp and it plops in the current date/time for you to adjust in the body of the note (or just type it manually).

Not perfect, and I'm with you all on wanting this, but at least we can remove the creation date/time for stuff like client facing meeting mintues..

Grrrrr...I can change creation date with the PC version....why is it not available with my Mac version??? Please discontinue the practice of making Mac users second class citizens. Sigh.

• Nicholas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'll add my voice and vote to everyone else's. It seems to basic that the date and time at the top pages should editable in the Mac version, as it is in the Windows version. Please implement this soon.

Weird - MSFT's help article states it can be done with the desktop version of the application for Mac (should only be a limitation of the online version): https://support.office.com/en-us/article/change-or-remove-the-page-creation-date-or-time-in-onenote-online-c1beb8c7-655f-4da2-a304-1750c3b6a261

However, like everyone else in this thread, I don't see the calendar icon when I highlight the date (as Microsoft would suggest) - I can only highlight and delete it.

So it looks like this one slipped through the cracks - this is likely why the feature "still" doesn't appear to be implemented... *groan*

I'm really grumpy - was told this software was great but I'm coming across so many features that are either not in the latest version, and/or are not in the mac version. I cannot believe you don't allow the date/timestamp to be changed in the mac version. It has a HUGE impact on the way I wish to use this software.

It is so so simple why oh why do they not do this for MAC version it seems so basic and obvious. I use the note function pre/post meeting all the time and not being able to amend the date/time stamp is the most frustrating gap in this version.
    Please please fix this Microsoft.

• EdG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's shocking that something so basic still isn't in the Mac version. After 25+ years of using Windows and Office apps, and as a long-time former MSFT employee, I'm appalled how many basic features that have be in WinOffice for years are still not on the Mac. This is just one glaring example. I recently switched jobs where my dept uses Macs so I made the switch and I am beyond frustrated. I can't imagine how corporate CIOs who license office for tens of thousands of employees are still putting up with this **** from MSFT.

• Kevo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can't change the date or timestamp on pages, via the Online OneNote or the Mac OneNote? (facepalm) Time to look for an alternative app to use :\

Same problem. Somebody knows any fix for this? I need to create and label notes according to dates..Its not like I am creating timestamp based digital signatures....

• Lauren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes another update and once gain this has been ignored. How difficult could it possibly be to implement?!!

Definitely needs this feature. Such a simple one to add! So many times we are back dating notes and without this feature it's really difficult to keep track. If you want to keep us as engaged users we need this.

• Anon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Congrats M$. You've removed the feature from Onenote for Windows 10 App as well. Only the paid version (Onenote 2016) has the ability to change the date & time stamp on pages.

• Dennis Metzcher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is such a simple feature to add. Being able to change the date associated with a note is possible in the Windows version of OneNote, but Microsoft does not allow Mac users to do this. What's the point of having an application be cross-platform if the most basic features are not the same from one platform to the next? Further, missing basic features like this makes me wonder whether Microsoft gives any significant thought to the Mac versions of their products.

As someone who has chosen to make OneNote my preferred note-taking platform (I've moved all my notes from the last several years into it), it's frustrating to see that Microsoft doesn't concern themselves with delivering key features to Mac users.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base