How can we improve OneNote for Mac?

Mac: Page Templates

Vote for this suggestion if you'd like to have page templates for your notes in OneNote for Mac, similar to the templates feature that is available in OneNote for Windows.

1,513 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

NickiNicki shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

238 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • CTaitCTait commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like access to templates, the ability to customize tags, and an easy way to send emails to OneNote. Thanks.

• KrisJKrisJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Jay Bird: seriously.... How do you think this is helping? Keep it civil and provide useful feedback.

• Jay BirdJay Bird commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Where is the Add Templates button on OneNote for Mac?
        And what the about the other 1/2 dozen or so other things that are left out on the Mac version and NOT on the PC versions of this program?
        You went to a HELL of a lot of trouble to remove and hide them.
        Make me feel so warm toward Micro-Con...
        Always cut the cheese a lot thinner on this side.
        I am am ringing the Bell to all users, PC and Mac about your game.
        Can you see your world getting a little smaller...atleast by 1 - 4 -20 folks.
        If you want to fix it and make it worth having.. then get off your butt and get it done. If NOT, remember how great your Cell phones were?
        You have opened the door WIDE, for some ones else and their Program.
        I'd be on it, like NOW!
        Jay

• RayRay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My question is, why has it been almost 3 years since this comment was originally posted with over 1400 votes and there is no response to it?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

From a consultants point of view, OneNote is clearly the best notes tool if you're using Office. Any office integration and time-saving functionality would help make users advocates. Templates and the ability to share templates could generate viral adoption.

• MatthewMatthew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having it so that every new page opened within a section is set to a template automatically, would be nice.

• BobBob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use OneNote for my genealogy research and page templates (along with customised tags) is something that should have been included a long time ago. This would be a huge benefit for me. However, we keep asking to the point of frustration and I have not seen any reasons why they are not included or if they will be included in the future. Are Microsoft working on this? It would be nice to know their future plans.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This idea was shared in 2014. Its been almost 3 years. PLEASE get this done. Stop crippling Mac users. Get better.

• JasonJason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Are you kidding me... templates aren't included in the Mac version? And this has been a suggestion for nearly three years?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12

Feedback and Knowledge Base