How can we improve OneNote for Mac?

Highlight and edit PDFs/PPts that are added to Onenote! (Mac)

Have the ability to highlight and other editing capabilities to PDFs (or ppts too!!!)

812 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Tanya Sue Maestas shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

67 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can someone share with me how to achieve this editing functionality in Evernote? I need to edit PDFs and Word documents mostly, but if it works for those it should also work for PPT as listed in the subject. Thanks! (April 30, 2019) I am very disappointed to see this concern was lodged in 2014 and it the issue persists. Wow. That is bad, sad and frustrating. What have other people switched to? I am hearing Evernnote. What else?

• Ted Ellis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How can this still be an issue over 4 YEARS later?
    I will continue to use anything else over OneNote until this is solved. Even the basic Notes app that comes with every Apple product until this issue is address.

• Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the dumbest thing that I have ever seen. Might as well take the highlight tool completely out as it is useless if the highlight wont follow the text or document.

How have you not done this already? It's been 4 years since this feedback was first given!

Absolutely! I have spent ages trying to do this only to find out that I can't so frustrating.

I agree. I need to be able to highlight and annotate .pdfs in OneNote. Otherwise I have to swith to Britespace Binder.

Really, what's the point of clipping articles if you can't highlight the reason you highlighted it? Really MS, you should be able to do better than this. You invented the process in text editors! Don't your development teams talk to each other?

Highlight pdf. I study for school and would prefer to highlight via my pc on one note. Get r done!

This is BS. Everyone should just sign up for Evernote. And the Feb 01 2017 poster is wrong. The OneNote 2016 does not work to edit PDFs. Likely Microsoft is an a war against Apple. The MSFT version of OneNote works fine, it is the Mac version that does not work. Off to Evernote I go......

install onenote desktop, the latest version lets you open pdfs highlight them or do anything you would want to

• Iris Ma commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please please, make the pdf printout option functions like a real PDF annotator. Make one note do what a pdf annotator can do, like select text and highlight, underline it, not just draw a hightlighter on top of the printout.
    The pdf printout function OneNote has right now is just like putting pictures onto my notes. I would really love that if onenotes can actully read pdf printoout. I am a student, the main function I need from onenote is for taking lecture notes. I do not need onenote to be able to do what other features that Adobe Acrobat can do (sign, combine, edit etc.)
    But my wish has always been finding an app that can do everything for student. I love all the feactures onenote has right now, but i really want the develope team to produce a more powerful app so that many people won't need to subscribe to, purchase another pdf annotating apps.
    Lastly, since I am using Mac. I sincerly hope that onenote can at least allow Mac user to do as equally as Windows uses can do. There are too mach features lacking on Mac version, I could not even adjust the page size for my notes, which cuases many problems when I am trying to print my notes out.
    A big thank you to development team

• Javi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes plz. I recently migrated from Evernote, and this was a super useful option. It's not a deal breaker, but having the option definitely made my life easier.
    For those commenters who are suggesting using the highlight tool, I am running OneNote on a Mac, The import printout imports a PDF as a collection of images that can't be edited or highlighted.
    With Evernote, I could import the PDF and then Annotate the PDF with different markings and highlights.

• Phillip Kizun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really need this feature. We use onenote in my business ... doing both legal and medical work ... and the ability to highlight in a print-out PDF is essential. I would really like to see this happen ASAP.

• Sandy Ma commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The sad part is that even if there are highlights on my pdf when I load them onto onenote it doesn't work!

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base