How can we improve OneNote for Mac?

Mac: Custom tags

As a law student, the tags that are included in this version are completely useless without being able to search for them. Please allow us the ability to use custom tags or at the very least be able to compile like-tags in one place

2,386 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Gathering feedback  ·  AdminOneNote Team (Admin, OneNote Team) responded  · 

Help us out!!! We appreciate that you have spent time on UserVoice giving us feedback on how to improve OneNote tagging. We’d like to hear more!!! Click this link to help guide decisions around custom tags. The survey will take less than 3 minutes. All answers are anonymous.

Survey is closed

494 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is custom tags being developed for Mac's?

Really need this to work team!

Thank you! :)

• Peter Wijburg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It pure horror not having this feature on mac. Just like missing good OCR in notes and their attachments. Evernote rules on that part.

• Nah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE add custom tags. This is all I need to jump over from Evernote. I've been desperately looking for an alternative for a while now, and OneNote would be perfect if this feature is added.

• Geoffrey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How many comments does it take to get Microsoft to add a desperately required feature? It's really baffling why this feature is taking so long to get to the Mac.

AHHHH. I am stuck in Evernote until this changes. I want to be done with Evernote, but you aren't making it easy Microsoft. 🤦‍♂️

Yes!! I was a PC user for so long and loved the custom tags and ability to create a summary based on tags and/or search for tags. SO disappointed this feature is missing from the Mac version of OneNote!!

• Dave Klepperich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, please, pretty please make it happen. Such a simple thing will have a tremendous global impact on cross-platform usability and customer experience (if that is truly your objective).

Custom tags -- it's a very important feature! Please, catch up with the MS version!

Custom tags for Mac critical to replace Evernote. Implicit need for search on those tags as well. Importing notes into OneNote from Evernote makes a big mess. Ditto liberal use of the OneNote Clipper.
        One tags exist in Mac, adding the capability to tag in the Clipper would be important.

• Andy Kim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Custom Tag feature is an essential part of my organization system. The lack of this on OneNote for mac is what's keeping me from fully switching over from Evernote and from recommending it to others.

The Notebook and Sections hierarchy are too stiff and not as intuitive as a interconnected, overlapping tagging system. This is counterintuitive to how I organize my work and likely many others.

Please add this feature asap!

please add this feature! this is essential and would make OneNote THE go-to note taking app for Mac!

• WhatAWhat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How can any note organizer not have customizable tags? Wasn't this tested on real users before being rolled out?! How can such a fundamental feature be missing? I was tempted to leave Evernote but this is a deal-breaker.

Completely agree. Why the tendency to take out powerful functionality? Microsoft used to be known for making great and super complex programs with exceptional functionality. What purpose does it serve to dumb them down? sigh.

• Sam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really enjoy using Microsoft one mine but find the current tag features for max useless. I would like to create custom tags to compile like sections/pages together from different notebooks.

Vote for making the UI between operating systems consistent. Especially custom tags.

• Jon Baumgartner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tags are pointless if you can't customize them to your own workflow. And yes, they should be searchable as well.

Another vote for custom tags...having migrated to a Mac, the lack of this feature on a Mac is limiting its continued usefulness.

I use OneNote for genealogy, would like the ability to add tags to notes as a way to locate individual notes.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 24 25

Feedback and Knowledge Base