How can we improve OneNote for Mac?

Mac: Custom tags

As a law student, the tags that are included in this version are completely useless without being able to search for them. Please allow us the ability to use custom tags or at the very least be able to compile like-tags in one place

2,484 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Gathering feedback  ·  AdminOneNote Team (Admin, OneNote Team) responded  · 

Help us out!!! We appreciate that you have spent time on UserVoice giving us feedback on how to improve OneNote tagging. We’d like to hear more!!! Click this link to help guide decisions around custom tags. The survey will take less than 3 minutes. All answers are anonymous.

Survey is closed

516 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • armando commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

need this ASAP. I am a designer and would love the ability to organize my projects depending on if it is graphic design, video, or illustration. It only has Project A and Project B, I need more Project options.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm a grad student working on my thesis. I need to be able to tag with specific keywords like the author last name, journal, topic keywords etc. If I can't do this then OneNote is absolutely useless to me.

Please add the functionality to customize tags on OneNote Mac. I use OneNote on a PC at work. During the day and at home, I'm on a Mac or on my iPhone. To not be able to use customized tags in all places is very frustrating.

• Stormy PACNW commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am the original "law student" poster of this suggestion. It's been nearly 5 years and I'm a practicing lawyer now, but it sounds like we are getting Mac custom tags in January. In that same timespan, we've developed and launched rovers to MARS which are now operating on the planet's surface. Anyhow, thank you for the upgrades, Microsoft. Onenote-Mac is getting closer and closer to its Windows sister app, and it's appreciated.

• Malory commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I get that Microsoft doesn't want to give Mac versions of their products the same capability because they want to sell the operating system, not just the applications. I'm not going to pretend to know "who" is restricting features, whether it's Microsoft wanting to make an inferior application to the PC version or Apple not wanting to allow the same functionality in order to drive people to their products instead. But since you asked:

Features/functionality missing from the Mac version of OneNote that are frustrating:
        -"Send to onenote" feature from Outlook (maybe more of an Outlook thing, but whatever)
        -Custom tags
        -Searching tags
        -Saving locally
        -

I was almost convinced to move from Evernote and Box on Mac until I came across this issue. It is a pity that custom tagging feature is not available. It is a show stopper for me.

• Tim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Was a heavy user on OneNote for PC until a couple years ago, when changing over to Mac. I check back every OneNote update to see if the search tags feature has surfaced. Always disappointed when it hasn't. It's similar to having a car without the windshield washers...you keep hoping the supplier enables that very necessary feature.

Patiently (sort of...) waiting....

Please please please make tags editable - i should be able to track Actions Risks Dependencies, not To-Do 1 + 2 - This is a KEY DIFFERENTIATOR and pushing users off of OneNote :-(

PLEASE!! This is a must have feature. Standard tags are mainly useless. Bring this to parity with Windows version. We pay same price for Mac software but lack features.

• Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, please, PLEASE, add custom tag functionality to OneNote Mac, asap. This would make OneOne the perfect note taking app on the Mac platform. I need more than just 'action' tags, i need to create - and search for - custom subject tags. Thank you

• Bruce commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My goodness. I'm trying so hard to like Onenote and give up Evernote, but the lack of customizable tags is a dealbreaker...

• Melvyn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why Onenote can't use customize tags? It's disappointing why you don't add that function.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 25 26

Feedback and Knowledge Base