How can we improve OneNote for Mac?

Mac: Custom tags

As a law student, the tags that are included in this version are completely useless without being able to search for them. Please allow us the ability to use custom tags or at the very least be able to compile like-tags in one place

2,554 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Completed  ·  AdminOneNote Team (User Researcher, OneNote Team) responded  · 

Hello—
You can now create custom tags to insert anywhere in your notebooks. For more information on custom tags and searching custom tags, read this blog – Custom tags available soon in OneNote

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Office-365-Blog/Custom-tags-available-soon-in-OneNote/ba-p/302898

Also, tags in your notebook and pages now appear in your search results.

543 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is this not a thing yet? How many years until they finally make this feature? I have wanted this for like four years and it is still not a thing? You announced that it would be available jan 2019 what happened to that?

• Tracie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. These tags are not useful the current way they are implemented. Searchable tags would be much more beneficial.

• Andy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The tags in OneNote aren't useful to me, I would like to create custom tags, adding this feature to the Mac (finally) would be helpful.

• Amy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes... I would like to-do priorities 1-5, and a clock or calendar icon for due date... I could create these myself if you added the custom tags feature.

• Jason Murray commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding my support for this feature request. Please add the ability to create custom tags, search for tags, organize by tags, quickly find tags, and add multiple tags to a single page. I don't use One Note for personal business because of this missing feature.

• Susan Mulrooney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would really help - especially with accessibility/vision. Many of the tags are yellowish and hard to discern in an environment with heavy lighting, glare, or glare screens. Not just for Mac but windows also or 365.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Guys! You started gathering feedback almost a year ago (about a function that already exists on windows), but we still don't have the possibility to use custom tags.
    At least can we get some feedback about a possible release date for this basic functionality?

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What happened to tags being releases in Jan? Another month has passed, and another 'bug fix' release.

Le sigh.

• Damian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Without the Custom Tags, I find it difficult to commit to a transition from Evernote.

• Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on guys, custom tags are an absolute necessity for a Note app.. What does it take to allow users to add their own tags. OneNote is a fairly good note app but it could be great with the addition of custom tags. Users have been asking for this for years.

will custom tags ever be coming to OneNote for Android ? or a release schedule with feature parity across all commonly used devices ?

Another OneNote update and STILL NO CUSTOM TAGS. what is the forecast release date for the custom tag feature ??? Stop teasing us, Microsoft !

• aren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I thought that custom tags were promised in January? Still no custom tags....

← Previous 1 3 4 5 27 28

Feedback and Knowledge Base